1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Feature Animated Scooby-Doo Movie in Production

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by PinkiePie97, Aug 17, 2015.

1. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I mean, you could just as easily do that in 2D I think, but oh well.

I guess it just depends on how much money WB wants to spend on this.

2. Dizagaox

Dizagaox Member

The movie has come about because of Mystery Incorporated I think (as it shares director and crew), so that's hardly a strike against it.

3. Dizagaox

Dizagaox Member

I think it'll be 2D, given the production team that's making the film have never done a 3D film before. The big difference is more time and effort is going towards the film - otherwise this is the same crew as the DTV films, right?

4. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

There's a first time for everything.

5. Jonwo

Jonwo Member

I'm surprised it's being slotted for 2018, surely 2019 would be better since that year is Scooby Doo's 50th anniversary? I assume if Sony slots Hotel Transylvania 3 for late September then WB will move Scooby Doo a few months, perhaps February 2019 or even May 2019?

6. BetterOurFuture

BetterOurFuture New Member

If It was (or the others) I'd imagine they probably would be touting that as an aspect. "See ____ in CGI!".

But also i get the feeling several people in this topic aren't really keeping up with what WB is or isn't doing here. Given this is an animation website board I'd think you all should know by now WB has bigger ;plans for theatrical Hanna Barbera. This animated Scooby one is the first to get a full out press release and tentative date, but the news they've been developing these things has kind of been out for months on the other sites.

And I don't think this has squat to do with Mystery Incorporated. Ever since Warner Archive started doing great results with HB back catalog they bumped up the dtv line to now put out 5 a year (3 movies, 2 specials). Now it seems they must be doing so well, WB has confidence to make a theatrical line too.

They've even recently added some more merchandise for some of their older characters to Wbshop. I'd say this is just WB realizing that there's cash to be made off these brands after not really doing anything with most of them for years. In a few years, it might even be a whole brand revival. Especially if this (and what follows) does well.

7. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

Considering Scooby Doo is my favorite Warner Brothers show, I'm excited for this movie, especially since people like Tony Cervone and Dan Povenmire are involved. I hope the core cast for the gang will reprise their roles.