Favourite Bane Design

Discussion in 'The DC Animation Forum' started by suss2it, Jul 17, 2011.

?

Favourite Design

1. [i]Batman: The Animated Series[/i]

7 vote(s)
    17.5%
  2. [i]The New Batman Adventures/Mystery of the Batwoman[/i]

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. [i]The Batman[/i]

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  4. [i]Batman: The Brave and The Bold[/i]

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  5. [i]Superman/Batman: Public Enemies[/i]

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  6. [i]Young Justice[/i]

14 vote(s)
    35.0%
  7. [i]Justice League: Doom[/i]

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. suss2it

suss2it New Member

Since we're already talking about Bane's character and appearances in animation, I thought it'd be fun to also compare all his various designs. Plus I haven't done a villain yet. The guy's appeared in quite a few cartoons since he debuted in the comics in the 90s, and each appearance looks distinctly different from each other (especially The Batman's design). So which one of his multiple designs is your favourite?

Batman: The Animated Series
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

The New Batman Adventures/Mystery of the Batwoman
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

The Batman
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Batman: The Brave and The Bold
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Young Justice
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Justice League Doom
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

And here are the voices that brought these designs to life.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2012
  2. the greenman

the greenman Active Member

I have always thought Bane was designed after those bad Luchadora movies like Santos or Mil Mascara vs. the werewolf women or something. Cheesy as they are, they have a huge following, and the BTAS designs suit the way I picture the character. The others make him look too cyborg-y and unhuman.

3. mgr91686

mgr91686 knowledgable John Wayne fan

For me it was a toss-up between Public Enemies and B:TAS. I chose B:TAS simply because he looked more human than in most of the others.

4. Lockjaw

Lockjaw New Member

Young Justice by a huge margin for me, the combats and the tanktop make him look less campy compared to the others while still retaining the Luchador look. All the others are okay except for 'The Batman' design which i detest.

5. PaperBritt

PaperBritt New Member

I know this won't be popular to say, but I like the Young Justice look the best. It makes him look more human than the others, and it is very expressive, which worked for the more intelligent version of Bane they went with. For some reason, I didn't like how his mouth looked in B:TAS. I didn't like the others much either ( I thought they looked very generic)

6. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator

i always liked the TNBA one because how over the top menacing it is with his freaky red eyes and spiked collar. I liked the Public Enemies one because it's the only one that doesn't have his mouth or nose showing like he was when he debuted in the comics. I also like The Batman's well until he turns into a red hot mess, but the ninja look I think is neat way to go.

7. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Active Member

Toss-up between Young Justice and Public Enemies. I really think the others lean too far into the bondage/gimp territory. Why does he even have the bondage mask?:confused:

8. Manticore

Manticore New Member

I know that Bane is suposed to be that big, humangus, super strong type of a villain, but he also has to be very smart, and besides the design from Young Justice he looks just like a big, stupid neaderthal.Even if he looked more complex and the writing in some of the other shows tried to make him look smart, on first sight he looks just strong.

I'm a big fan of pro wrestling and Lucha libre and I can't stand the typical stereotype that the wrestlers are big and stupid.Seriously, most of them are very educated human beings who have gone through many schools and just because they are pasionate about a scripted sport dosen't mean they are stupid, or that you don't have to watch that sport.

Bane represent the perfect luchador : Quick but also strong.And it dosen't have to grow 2 feet to be an interesting character.It's nice to se him become huge sometimes, but that dosen't mean that he has to be every time so bulky.Even tho he wasn't used to much in YJ, I think their representation of him was the best.I'm sure that after the new Nolan film comes out they will use him him again, considering the fact that he and Bats don't know each other yet.​

9. Bat-Fan Beyond

Bat-Fan Beyond Active Member

It's funny, because I just got done saying in another thread that I don't like Superman/Batman: Public Enemies or Ed McGuiness' style, but if given the choice between all these designs of Bane, I find the Public Enemies version the most appealing visually. I'm not saying that it is the best interpretation of the character, but if we're just going by looks, I think it all comes down to the mask. I was never a big fan of Bane anyway, and neither the bondage nor wrestling mask ever looked cool to me, so I'm going with the design that has more of a typical supervillan look to it with the red Spidey-shaped eyes and covered mouth.

10. JustLeagExpansio

JustLeagExpansio New Member

I'm an enormous Bane fan. I have to say, Public Enemies looks aesthetically amazing.

11. graysongirl

graysongirl New Member

For me it's definately the YJ version. The other's just seem too over the top and bulky. in YJ he's still got major muscleage, but the painted-on mask and all black looks real good

12. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Active Member

Young Justice for sure. He looks very threatening to me, like someone who kills twenty people before breakfast.

13. StormBishop

StormBishop New Member

Young Justice one for sure...i like the face paint instead of the mask, his muscles are well defined so you know he's strong but not so over the top like some of the other ones

14. steelio2006

steelio2006 New Member

it's a toss up between Young Justice and Public Enemies. i do like the way the face paint is so expressive in Young Justice.

15. ToonEGuy

ToonEGuy New Member

I always thought that TNBA Bane was one of the redesigns they did that was actually a nice improvement over the original Batman: TAS design. He looked so much more menacing in that design. The Public Enemies design is very good also and reminds me more of the comics.

16. ganon51

ganon51 New Member

My favorite one is from TNBA- I like how much darker and more menacing they made him as opposed to BTAS, especially in the episode "Over the Edge".

17. spartanx54

spartanx54 New Member

Probably a tie between YJ and TNBA. They portray him as the bad you-know-what. Still like all the designs of Bane in DC Animation..

18. The Dark Lord

The Dark Lord New Member

Out of the ones listed, I gotta go with Superman/Batman: Public Enemies. Really like the solid red eyes on that one. And it's not listed, but I also really like the one from Justice League: Doom with the skull mask.

19. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan I Will Find Him!

Young Justice for me just looks freaking cool

Wheres Justice League Doom?

20. suss2it

suss2it New Member

When I made this thread Doom hadn't come out yet. I wonder if a Mod could add that option and reset the poll?