1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Nicktoons

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Vin, Oct 10, 2001.

1. Vin

Vin DVDtoons.com

Now that we know that not all the Nicktoons are getting the axe, I was wondering what were your favorite Nicktoons. Honestly, I don't watch Nickelodeon anymore, however, there are some shows that are still good. "Hey Anold!" "Spongebob," "Fairly Oddparents" "Invader Zim" are all entertaining. "Oh Yeah! Cartoons" and "Angry Beavers" were also fairly entertaining, however, not much comes from them. Too bad that the bad outweighs the good at Nick.

2. Singin' Stray Cat

Singin' Stray Cat Still Alive Somewhere

My absolute favorite was "Angry Beavers," but I also like "Hey Arnold" and "The Fairly Odd-Parents," (though I've seen only a few episodes of both those shows, I liked what I saw).

3. BourgeoisBuffoon

BourgeoisBuffoon Shouldn't I Be Melting Now...?

THE FAIRLY ODDPARENTS!! :D The best Nicktoon on right now...

...Hey Arnold as well. It's actually given char development. Yeah!

TAB and SBSP were very silly, but very funny. I like that. A pity they're cancelled...:(

Nothing else in Nick intrests me, especially since they started airing all these music videos...is it to keep thier fans hooked to Nick since they're all growing up?

4. Vin

Vin DVDtoons.com

I think Nickelodeon, as well as Disney Channel and Fox Family are now all targeting the "tween" demographic. Notice how all of them are showing music videos now. Sad really. They all seem to be copying one another. They are basically MTV-lite.

5. Nftnat

Nftnat professor/historian/chronicler

The former Christian Broadcasting Network turned into an MTV clone? Now that is sad. The only reason I go around there anymore is to see if they've changed the name yet or to see if there's any ccm on the 700 Club. Oh well. My faves? I must agree on The Fairly Oddparents & Invader Zim. I had doubts when I first heard about them, but I'm liking it. And FO is done by Butch Hartman; a definite plus. And recently I've become enamored of Hey Arnold; the complexities of Helga's love / hate relationship with the football-head fascinate me. I must admit I've never seen Angry Beavers, except for an I Think I Like You video I saw one Sunday morning back when Nick was showing Tiny Toons. I think I liked it.

6. ChuckRoast

ChuckRoast Survivng After the Battle

Hi! I'm new here! :)

Well, my favorite Nicktoons are...

Ren & Stimpy
    Rocko's Modern Life
    Hey, Arnold
    Angry Beavers
    Invader Zim

7. Vin

Vin DVDtoons.com

Welcome Stimpy! This is a great place to be and I'm sure you'll have fun here if you follow the rules. We've got some great people here, who are always fun to chat with. :)

8. Danielle

Danielle Active Member

Woo-hoo! A Ren & Stimpy fan! Welcome to the boards!

Re: Nicktoons

My favorite nicktoons are the ones that are already gone. 'Nuff said.

9. Lonestarr

Lonestarr Stop eating my sesame cake!
    Staff Member Moderator

Me and my sisters used to watch the original "Nicktoons" every Sunday morning. "Doug", "Rugrats" and "Ren & Stimpy"; good times, good times. Hey, I just now got this: all three shows were revamped later in the decade, only weaker than before. I grew to enjoy other Nicktoons:

Rocko's Modern Life - When they stopped focusing on the 'modern life' aspect and concocted those wacked-out adventures, the show took off.

The Angry Beavers - I don't know how this slipped by me initially, but I eventually discovered it, and it's my favorite Nicktoon.

Hey Arnold - I find this show to be very good, but not because of the love/hate thing with Helga and Arnold; the girl is cuckoo, 11 eggs short of a dozen, completely out of her tree, nuts (or as Daffy described himself in "Prize Pest", "a schi-, a schi-, a schizophraniac."). I like it because there's a sort-of "Peanuts" quality about it that's hard to ignore.

Spongebob Squarepants - Just steer clear of the eps featuring Squidward doing something to Spongebob or when something happens to him, and you will love this show.

Aaaaahh! Real Monsters - I miss this show. The eps were funny and The Gromble was a riot. Did anyone else notice the "cameos" by Ickis, Krumm and Oblina on a Halloween ep of 'Rugrats" that first aired a couple of years back?

The Fairly Oddparents - From the very first episode, I loved this show. It's laugh-a-minute hilarious and just plain goofy. Where are the new episodes?

Invader ZIM - The premise put me off at first, but it grew on me, and on the ep where they referenced "Kids in the Hall" and "Fargo", they made me a fan for life.

10. Danielle

Danielle Active Member

Yup, though them......what was it, "eating" the babies is a bit much...

...who remembers why they ended up *not* eating them?

11. meemerzwarner

meemerzwarner MeEmeRZ K@tTan F@ll0n

hmm

Rock was good.. i loved filburt.. and heffer.. heheh
    uhmm AHH real monters was really creative.... i loved the grumbles' shoes.. anyone else agree? (prada shoes.. pretty shoes, pretty shoes)
    REN AND STIMPY ALL DA WAY, yeap.. the one common thing me and my brother still share...sniff...
    SB its soo whack, squidard is me when i dont get my .. "CEREAL" in the morning.. hahah, oh yea i love the way they laugh! SB and squidard.. cracks me up.. and thats it.. im kinda tired of rugrats.. i dunno.. maybe thats because i like more demented things than.. nice things.. well.. see that makes sense,,, im demented. ( i like spike tho!!!! muahhaha!) JUST THOUGHT ID SHARE!! ok.. im scaring people out of the building now.. weee

12. Jowy Blight

Jowy Blight Chillin' Out

Ren & Stimpy
    Rocko's Modern life
    Hey Arnold!
    Angry Beavers
    Doug (Before Disney destroyed it)

These were the only Nicktoons I liked. I don't really like any of the other things, I do plan to watch Invader Zim someday though.

I forgot about AHHH! Real Monsters, it was pretty good also.

13. Spongebob - How can you *not* love this cute lil sponge? ^_^

ZIM - Hilarious. That about sums it up. ^^

Fairly Oddparents - This is a cute little show that keeps getting funnier and funnier...

Rocko - *sigh* one of the best nicktoons IMO. :( Too bad it's only on reaaally earyl in the morning...

Ren and Stimpy - same as Rocko

Well, basically I like anything but Rugrats. That show is just way too overrated. It's not even that funny!

14. Captain Caps

Captain Caps Active Member

Same toons, different time...

-"Spongebob Squarepants"
    -"Ren & Stimpy"

That's it, actually!

Sincerely,

John "Captain Caps" Kilduff

15. Joe Tully

Joe Tully I want the toilet seat.

Spumco Ren & Stimpy will always be my fave. I enjoyed Doug, Rugrats, Real Monsters and Rocko when they first came out, but got tired of those. I will still watch Spumco's R&S though.

16. Vin

Vin DVDtoons.com

Oh man! How could I forget about "Rocko?" "Rocko" was the best Nicktoon! I don't know how I could have forgotten about that show.

17. BourgeoisBuffoon

BourgeoisBuffoon Shouldn't I Be Melting Now...?

They'd rather eat chocolate pudding! :D

AHHH! REAL MONSTERS! was probably the only Klasky-Csuspo show I ever enjoyed. It had good characterzation...and the Halloween eppy was classic.

I have A!RM! action figures...anyone else have them?:cool:

18. Lonestarr

Lonestarr Stop eating my sesame cake!
    Staff Member Moderator

What about "Duckman"? Believe it or not, that was also a K-C product. I'd LOVE to see the show on DVD.

19. Danielle

Danielle Active Member

Ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Was that the one with the kid (duck) with two heads?

20. Nftnat

Nftnat professor/historian/chronicler

Yes it was. I saw an ep or two & was not impressed. Then again, I wasn't into cartoons @ the time.