favorite gundam

Discussion in 'The Anime Forum' started by bla2772, Apr 8, 2012.

1. bla2772

bla2772 New Member

Whats is ur fav gundum

2. Blackmanba

Blackmanba New Member

Series or actual Gundam?

3. miraimike

miraimike New Member

1 Gundam X
    2 Gundam Wing
    3 Z Gundam
    4 Second half of ZZ Gundam
    5 08th MS Team

Even though it wasn't a real Gundam, I liked the Mercurius. Gundam X Divider was cool too.

4. Aquadementia

Aquadementia That's a lot of Mulaney!

u 1st

then I'll think about it.

5. bla2772

bla2772 New Member

Seris

6. bla2772

bla2772 New Member

Wing

7. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

0080. Brilliant, frequently overlooked, WAAAAAAAAAAAY better than Zeta.

8. miraimike

miraimike New Member

Respectfully disagree. I think the strength of Zeta outweighs the strength of 0080. Zeta had masterful pacing and plot development over 25 hours, whereas 0080 succeeded in appealing to the emotions. Zeta had a significantly more difficult task in that it both advanced a story and revealed pathos. 0080 was just a vignette, even though it was a good one.

9. The Man in Black

The Man in Black I have 5 of broats

I did rather enjoy that OVA. And I'm not ashamed to admit that the ending did make me cry, and not just on the first viewing. It was pretty powerful.

Overall tho, I would have to say that my favorite Gundam series is Mobile Fighter G Gundam. And it might honestly be because of how different it is from most of the other Gundam series but I honestly love everything about it, cheese and all. It was part of one of my favorite Toonami line-ups too (G Gundam/DBZ/Yu Yu Hakusho/Kenshin) Granted there are still several Gundam series that I need to watch.

10. Mr. Anime

Mr. Anime Active Member

My top 5 would be:
    1. Victory Gundam
    2. Tie between G Gundam and Gundam Wing
    3. Gundam 00
    4. Gundam Seed
    5. Mobile Suit Gundam.

11. Sarada

Sarada Active Member

Eh, I'll avoid choosing one series or original video animation and just focus on one of the ones I do like. Kidou Senshi Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory has a lot to like (although it has it's fair share of issues). The design and scope is great. As the series reaches a climax the animation really brings to live the scope of the massive fleet destroying weapons like no other series had before. The characters are interesting, espicially in contrast to other series' look into everyday soldiers. Seeing the origins of the Titans (and those that would join the Titans) is also interesting. There's a lot of characters you just want to strangle, Monsha being the main one.

The cast is also golden. It blows my mind to think that at the same time Horikawa was voicing Vegeta every week for Dragon Ball Z he managed to shift gears to play Kou. The performance really isn't something you'd expect from him, so there's major props for that. Chafuurin's Monsha is hilarious, while almost managing to be a real scumbag. Ootsuka Akio's Anavel Gatou is also a good performance, although I think he's outdown himself in latter roles. Speaking of manly men, Gouri Daisuke reprises his role of Bask Om for a few lines, which was a lot of fun to see. Genda Tesshou also plays a more emotional role in Kelly. Damn, just about a half dozen members of the cast are Dragon Ball mainstays! o_O

12. miraimike

miraimike New Member

Good schedule. Wing was on my favorite one:

• 4:00 PM - Sailor Moon
    • 4:30 PM - ReBoot
    • 5:00 PM - Dragon Ball Z
    • 5:30 PM - Gundam Wing
    • 6:00 PM - Tenchi
    • 6:30 PM - Batman: The Animated Series

13. charleshudgen

charleshudgen Charles Hudgen

I really like all the series of Gundam but I would have to say that my favorite Gundam series is Mobile Fighter G Gundam. And it might honestly be because of how different it is from most of the other Gundam series. I like the plot of the story as well as the character.