1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Fox Kids show

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by doglover44, May 4, 2015.

1. doglover44

doglover44 New Member

What was your favorite show on Fox Kids ? Me its definitely Eeek the cat

2. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I didn't watch too many shows on Fox Kids, but my favorite was Digimon Tamers. I enjoyed the first two series that they aired as well, but Tamers was the best out of the Digimon series they aired. I loved the characters, their relationship with their Digimon and the storyline. The only other show I remember watching on Fox Kids was some early Power Rangers. I don't think that I watched too much of their other series or at least I don't remember them as much as I do with Digimon and Power Rangers.

3. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Silly question. One word is needed. Batman.

4. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

For me, Batman: The Animated Series. I think it came on (at least in our market) at 4PM. Always made sure I was home in time to see it. Homework didn't exist until after I'd watched it. If my mom had plans to go shopping after picking me up from school, she had to tell me that morning before I left so I could set the VCR in case we didn't get back in time. :D

5. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I completely forgot that Batman: The Animated Series aired on Fox. I don't know if I watched it on that channel or on a different one back in the day though.

6. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

Digimon wins by default for me. It was the only show on Fox Kids I actually paid attention to (even if it was just for a couple months).

7. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

Don't you mean Animaniacs? :D

8. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I totally forgot about Animaniacs because I associate it more with Kids WB. I haven't seen it in a coot's age but I am willing to bet almost any amount of money that I like it more than Digimon.

9. firefoxprime

firefoxprime 90s = Golden Years

When I saw this thread, I thought "meh this rookie thread". Shame, shame, shame on me. Fox Kids was awesome. Where KidsWB had the whimsical, FoxKids had the wacky.

SpidermanTAS: If it wasn't for my amazing spiderman vhs from the 80s, this 90s show would've been my first exposure to spidey. Amazing you the 90s were so rugged in terms of getting crap by the radar, yet SpideyTAS got the short end of the stick. Dude couldn't even punch people.

Stickin' Around was awesome. Nuff 'said.

Beast Wars: my first exposure to transformers and I loved that show. The cgi, canadian voice actors, the humor, just a great show. Yeah it sold toys, but the show told a full "story". Don't really get that nowadays.
    BigGuy&Rusty the art director who was pumpin out these 90s cartoons put some real work into this series. Loved the characters, action, and the comedy. The big bads looked hilarious though. Gotta love that talking monkey :D

Digimon: I still remember its premiere day, and how I foolishly honed on kids wb, thinking it was airing after pokemon, only to catch the last 3 minutes on FoxKids.

DinoZaurs: Heavy comparisons with Transformers, but I say nay.

Medabots: No other show like it. That ref bro. That Ref....hehe. Animation didn't really impress me that much, and getting used to the voices took a good while.

Transformers:RID : 80s kids can have their ol' skool version, but I'll take RID any day.

10. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

Im so glad you loved Fox Kids firefoxprime, what did you mean by rookie thread? You mean those...rather lacking threads made by new members? I cant actually blame you for thinking that way when I did come to the same conclusion.

Weird, Medabots had some terrific animators, sure its a kids Merch Driven show so its not Akira but it did have its moments...until the Kilobot arc (Damashii) then it sucked. I do agree I was actually shocked to learn people like Ichiro Itano worked on it, I dont blame you.

#10 aegisrawks, May 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2015
  11. firefoxprime

My bad. Not animation, but the art style. It was so flat. Never saw a show like it. Kinda similar to Fooly Cooly.

12. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

Yeah, I agree wholeheartedly, I actually thought the same. It wasnt till I saw some Sakuga videos for Medabots that I appreciated just how great the animation could get at times.

13. ABrown

ABrown Active Member

Beast Wars came to my mind as well. However, Beast Wars's original run wasn't really technically on Fox Kids. I'm pretty sure that Beast Wars was syndicated. In the Chicago market, Beast Wars aired on UPN at about 7:00 A.M.

14. FidgitStyles

Fox Kid's had a really good line-up from 91-96 before Saban completely took over. It's kinda a shame because they really improved their last year on the air. What I find amazing is that a lot of their programming they had was from Saban. X-Man, Spider-Man, The Tick, and Power Rangers but, aside from Power Rangers, none of these shows made it to the line-up with new episodes when Saban fully took control, grant it X-Men was at the end of it's life span, but Spider-Man could have continued.

As far as my favorite, it has to be the Warner Bros. stuff. Toss up between Batman the Animated Series and Animaniacs. I did enjoy Sam and Max for the month it was on as well.

15. quiteliterally

I always found Pig City to be genial viewing, despite the predictably annoying amount of pig-related pun names.

16. firefoxprime

Actually, I agree with you on that. I remember waking up early and catching episodes before elementary school. Hmm.

17. FidgitStyles

Do you mean Pigsburg Pigs or Dog City? Never got to see Pigsburg Pigs. It was only on the first season of Fox Kid's and the only shows I watched during that first season was Killer Tomatoes and Fox's Fun House. I saw Dog City a little, but it was up against SonicSatam.

18. quiteliterally

Neither - this Pig City was an entirely separate Canadian cartoon from the early 00s, which originally aired on Teletoon.

I've never seen Pigsburgh Pigs, though I do remember Dog City (somewhat vaguely)..

19. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

Sam & Max: Freelance Police, though it only lasted a single season and it really wasn't a good fit for SatAM. It would have been better suited for nighttime, if you ask me. Thankfully, I have the entire series on DVD.

X-Men was OK at times, though the animation really hasn't aged well. Eek! the Cat was pretty fun, and I always enjoyed The Tick and FOX's Beetlejuice episodes.

#19 Silverstar, May 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
  20. Erased Paper

Erased Paper Member

Not produced by Saban Entertainment.

This didn't air in the U.S..