1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite episodes of Rocko's Modern Life

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by ToonamiCN20, May 16, 2016.

1. ToonamiCN20

ToonamiCN20 Banned

What were your favorite episodes of RML?

Before I start, I would like to say that when I first watched Nickelodeon during my early childhood, Rocko was already gone from the schedule, so I didn't know of it. However, a couple years later, I watched some episodes of the show on a network. (I don't remember what the channel was) I remember liking the show and then years later, I got the DVD of the show. I watched all 52 episodes and I loved it. It had a great crew working on it and the episodes were always creative. The creator would later do Camp Lazlo. (which I saw before Rocko and I actually like more than Rocko) I also noticed that this is the 3rd most liked Nicktoon from the '90s. (the top 2 are Rugrats and Hey Arnold!) I have so many favorite episodes of the show, so here are some of the episodes I loved

Trash-O-Madness: This one was about Rocko having difficulties on garbage day. My favorite moment is the ending. I also remember the war bond. (the green little thing)

A Sucker for the Suck-O-Matic: This one was about Rocko ordering a Suck-O-Matic which can suck up stuff. However, it goes crazy and "has a mind of it's own". My favorite moment was the one where Rocko, Heffer, and Spunky are reading what to do with the Suck-O-Matic after it went out of control the pages keep until it says "Prepare to Die".

Canned: This was a classic! This episode was about Rocko getting fired from his old job and he has to find a new job. The most memorable moment was the part when Rocko was on the phone. Another memorable part was the contraptions Ed Bighead had for Rocko. I also loved the part when Rocko was a Plumber's Assistant. This episode also taught me to "Turn the page, wash your hands".

Sand in Your Navel: This was an episode that I remember seeing when I was younger. In this one, Rocko went to the beach with Spunky. During that time, Spunky was caught by a bird. One memorable scene was with the hippo who said "How Dare You!". There were some other good scenes too, like when the bird was getting fish to put in the fish store and when Rocko was playing frisbee. Overall, great episode.

Rinse & Spit: This episode had Filburt trying to pass his Dentist Exam. I remember that this episode had Gordon in it (the talking hand) and I remember the giant tooth in it. From what I remember, it was a great episode.

Wacky Deli: This was classic. This is many people's favorite episode of the show. I remember the quote "I am the cheese. I am the greatest character ever on the show. I am better than both the salami and the bologna combined". I also loved the many attempts Ralph Bighead tried at having the show get cancelled.

Zanzibar: This was a great musical episode. This is an episode almost everyone remembers. I loved the different musical numbers like "R-E-C-Y-C-L-E", "Spring Cleanin", and "You Can't Fight City Hall" There was also Ed Bighead's song. Overall, Classic!

2. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

I barely watched the show this year, and I like it and I already have several favorite episodes.

High Five of Doom: It as an extremely fun episode, and unlike Spongebob it didn't make the episode so moral based rather a mixture of it being bad and humorous at the same time, I like the whole high five thing that everyone does it, and yes I do it also and would fall victim to it, as for Rocko and Heifer they really couldn't keep away from the diary that the two become paranoid for reading the supposed diary, only for Filburt to give them the High five of death, and as a surprise they really managed to show off how well Filburt was a story writter and how well Rocko and Heifer were to still hold a fear of Filburt, making it an exiting episode for me.

Cabin Fever: Mainly because it was a precursor to Camp Lazlo as Rocko, Heiffer and Mrs.Bighead just manage to have a spot on similarities to Lazlo, Raj and Clam and Mr. Bighead to Lumpus at best not enjoying the three's fun, and I just laughed when it came to seeing the footage of two toads a steer and a wallaby, as for Mr.Bighead he really should of relaxed as they really were having a good time except him, but really that episode just shows how much fun it is to be in stuck in and to remain calm, and to think Spongebob has an episode similar to this one also.

SWAK: Mainly because Wallace is a funny character with a funny voice and a dangerous personality it gives him a great character, and Heifer being a mailman really suits him as he was the only one who was serious about the job, as that he did a good job keeping the episode moving from a love struck wallaby that surely wanted to get back his letter. Really it was less about the love and more about the pursuit of the letter that made it good.

Heff in a Handbasket: When you want to be in a Gameshow what is the best way to enter one and just get a measly point to win it, but if your Heifer that is easier said than done he is just that one who just kept going even more backwards to his one way trip to Heck, and his Grandma surely was a laugh in a box for not wanting to be in a place with sandal wearing Santa clauses :D, that poor peaches had the worst fate of being placed in the worst torture ever a cartoon show you just got to feel bad for trying so hard to impress your boss that you fail.

Wimp on the Barbie: It is the only episode we see Mr and Mrs Rocko, and poor Rocko he has to face his childhood bully with Filburt and Heifer being good friends to train him and only get far to not use that training for Dingo as he is a different person, and settling things with Rocko.

Overall saying what I like about these episodes is really hard but saying their overall situations is what made me like them, Wimp on the Barbie is the one on top clearly because Rocko needing to settle things out with a former bully that really changed is really something I liked about the episode and Rocko just has a loveable attitude of not wanting to harm but having quite the anger, and Heifer and Filburt were good friends to try to help Rocko against the enemy. And High Five of Doom shows how much a High Five can be ones weakness that or having quite a curiousity to read your best friends diary, only to read a story and learn more about how creative they could be, if not that it had quite the comedy. Overall Rocko had some of the better episodes and to my surprise the higher the season the better the episodes to me I like Season 4 the most.

3. 90'sKid

90'sKid Well-Known Member

A RML thread? Sweet!

Some of my favorite episodes are: Wacky Deli, Sugar Frosted Frights, Ed is Dead: a thriller, Sucker for the Suck-O-Matic, Zanzabar, High Five of Doom, From here to Maternity, Shnit-heads, and Uniform Behavior to name a few.

To be honest it's really hard for me to pick favorites, RML had so many good, funny and well-written episodes that picking just a few would be an injustice to the show as a whole.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

What SBSP episodes are similar to Rocko?

I am curious!

#4 Mikurotoro92, May 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  5. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

Some episode namely High Five of Doom = Little Yellow Book mainly because of the whole Diary thing, and Cabin Fever = Club Spongebob due to one character doing anything to get out. But this is because Rocko being the older sibling of the show and Spongebob would follow its footsteps just to make an episode of same qualities.

6. 90'sKid

90'sKid Well-Known Member

The Rocko ones were better, if you ask me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. VeiledHat

VeiledHat Pineapple from Heck

Actually, I thought High Five of Doom was similar to Krab Borg.

My favorite episodes are Power Trip, Flu-In-U-Enza, Tickled Pinky, Scrubbin' Down Under, Tooth and Nail, and Short Story.