1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite CN era?

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by VinceHimself, Oct 3, 2017.

1. VinceHimself

VinceHimself New Member

I had a blast watching just about every single Cartoon Network City bumper from the early 2000s on YouTube. City was definitely my favorite era of the channel. How about all of you?

2. ItsSunshine

ItsSunshine Member

Check it 1.0/City/Dimensional

3. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

For me, it would be a tie between Powerhouse and City. I love watching the Powerhouse bumpers, and I thought the characters from different shows interacting with each other in the City Era was cool.
    City is actually mid-2000s.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. mqg96

mqg96 Member

My CN childhood spanned from the 2nd half of the Powerhouse Era to the Yes! Era. My favorite era programming wise was the Powerhouse without a question with the City coming close at 2nd place. My favorite favorite bumpers were the City, followed by Powerhouse then Noods. The Nood Era wasn't good but those bumpers were very creative with so many colorful colors blending in based off the shows coming on or the themes of the seasons.

5. Markus Nelis

Markus Nelis CN Fan

Checkerboard and CHECK it

6. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I'm either going to say the City Era for the creativity or Powerhouse for the nostalgia.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

Mines will have to be Powerhouse, City, and Check IT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

I gave more details as to why here in this thread, but my favorite era was the Powerhouse era. Specifically the last half of the Powerhouse era.

9. MegasMilo379

MegasMilo379 Active Member

City, Check IT and Powerhouse.

10. JPReckless2444

1st: CN City. That whole graphic package looked awesome! U could tell they spent alot of money for all that to work. I loved the crossovers between old & [at the time] new CN characters in a huge CGI city, combining all the popular scenary, landmarks, & towns of all the cartoons.

2nd: Powerhouse. So much novelty with those bumpers. I also loved how they used different color backgrounds for the timeslots, like for the morning, afternoon, evening, midnight, and holidays. The Up Next bumpers were cool too.

3rd: Check It/Dimenisional. Especially Check It 1.0. I loved the different designs & colors they used for that era. 2.0 [a.k.a. the YYEEAAHHHUUAA!! era] was lasy. 3.0 was a upgrade. 4.0 was OK. with the whole emoji thing. Dimenisional Era was a HUGE upgrade, with the 2D, 3D, hand-crafted, and CGI bumpers.

Last: Noods. This era is kinda underappreiciated by some, but I like it. The Noods could change into different characters was nice.

11. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

I liked the Powerhouse era because of how surreal it was and the channel at the time was really lively.

I also have a special place for Check it 1.0 because of how nostalgic it was, and reminiscent of 90s CN just modernized.