1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Animaniacs Animation Team

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by Kazuya Prower, May 20, 2008.

1. Jonny Mack

Jonny Mack Member

No 'H' ... just Jonny.:)

We did all our own posing. Other than storyboard drawings (when we didn't board it ourselves) we never got (nor asked for) a single drawing from LA.

2. Hiya Animation

Hiya Animation Animation lover!!!

Ah, sorry. Edited.

Cool. This is pretty much unknown in TV animation today. Most TV stuff is done via the "Simpsons Method" :shrug:

Heh, you'd think with the budget that The Simpsons has... they'd actually be able to animate it in house but... I guess not.

3. Robochao

Robochao Member

4. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

To TMS Entertainment.

5. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Oh, I see. Yeah, I'm a bit puzzled why companies never outsource to TMS anymore. Did they suddenly get too expensive or something?

Perhaps everyone now just wants to play it safe and send it to Rough Draft. Nothing against the studio, and believe me, they do quality work, but it seems like EVERYONE sends their shows there now. I'm literally surprised when a new show ISN'T done by them.

6. John Pannozzi

John Pannozzi Still Gritty after all these years

Productions made in the West have outsourced to Wang since 2001?

7. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!

^ Ozzy & Drix, Brandy & Mr. Whiskers, The Emperor's New School, Static Shock, Teacher's Pet (and I believe the 2004 film, too), Fillmore!, Lilo & Stitch: The Series, American Dragon: Jake Long, The Replacements, and Dave the Barbarian all had episodes sent to Wang. I believe Baby Looney Tunes did too, but don't quote me on that.

8. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

The best Yakko, Wakko, and Dot was done by StarToons. TMS made the Warner sibs Japanese anime like!

9. MattieShoe

MattieShoe Member

What exactly do you mean "Anime Like"?

And why should that be something negative anyway?

they were well-Animated and looked cute.

why should it matter if they have a hint of Eastern culture to them?

10. Zen Man

Zen Man Active Member

That is puzzling.

BTW what was the last new American cartoon TMS worked on?

11. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!

Probably Batman Beyond or Cybersix... I can't think of any others.

12. Kazuya Prower

Kazuya Prower Keeping it Tails since 2005

Was "The Party" really done by Wang? It sure doesn't look like it.

13. Cartoonzrule

Cartoonzrule Member

By this point, Wang was basically doing inbetweens of the storyboards.:yakko: I feel that the later StarToons and TMS episodes have low quality because it looks like those episodes were made with digital ink and paint. Just compare Hot, Bothered, and Bedevilled to Cutie and the Beast or Slappy Goes Walnuts with Bully for Skippy and you'll see what I mean.

14. Kazuya Prower

Kazuya Prower Keeping it Tails since 2005

Welcome to the boards. I, too, have noticed the quality drop with TMS' later work on Animaniacs. Shorts like "Hello, Nice Warners", "Hot, Bothered and Bedeviled" and "Hooked on the Ceiling" were their best work on the show.

15. warnerbro7

warnerbro7 pretty cute huh?

my favorite animation teams were tms[​IMG]

akom[​IMG]

wang [​IMG]

startoons and freelance were my least favorites [​IMG] ( its not like i can animate yet so i wont complian)

16. MattieShoe

MattieShoe Member

Looking at it in the most superficial and One-layered way possible, I can see what you mean.

17. Super Sonic

Super Sonic Fastest Thing Alive

I gotta agree with Mattie on this one. I mean, how could you like Akom out of all studios over Startoons? Akom was hated even among the staff for Tiny Toons and Animaniacs because their cartoons always needed a LOT of retakes, and the end result wasn't exactly satisfactory. I'm not trying to say you're opinion's wrong or anything, just that I don't get what you don't like about ST. Kinda ironic seeing as how the quote from your sig and the picture in your avatar are from Animaniacs segments animated by Startoons.

18. warnerbro7

warnerbro7 pretty cute huh?

out of the jokes i would of chosen startoons but akom looked better.I dont really recal any of my favorite episodes being akom animated. most of my favorite shows that crack me up are ussualy tms ,wang and even though the animations somtimes bothers me startoons. i dont have anything aginst them its just their animation isnt as good looking as tms or wang. ( at least its way better than tiny toon adventures Kennedy Animation)

19. Super Sonic

Super Sonic Fastest Thing Alive

Different strokes for different folks I guess...Akom looked pretty sloppy, but Startoons, TMS, and Wang made some really great animation. I'd have to say TMS is my favorite studio with Startoons at a very close second and Wang third.

20. wiley207

wiley207 Well-Known Member

TMS is definitely my favorite. I especially love how they drew the Warner siblings! Wang and Startoons tie in second for me.

Least favorite would have to be Freelance Animators. Look at "Chalkboard Bungle" to see REALLY weird-looking versions of Yakko, Wakko and Dot!

Oh, and SpeedyBoris, about the Rough Draft Studios comment, virtually just about anything Warner Bros. Animation has produced since 2004 was NOT outsourced to Rough Draft. In most cases, they outsource to DongWoo Animation, and also often to Lotto Animation and Yearim Productions. All of which are in Korea. I think the last time WB outsourced to Wang/Cuckoo's Nest was in 2003 for "Ozzy & Drix" and "Scooby-Doo and the Monster of Mexico."