Fat Albert & the Cosby Kids complete series coming in July

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by Ioz, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Ioz

Ioz Master of Mer

Fat Albert & the Cosby Kids Complete Series is coming July 31st from Shout! Factory according to Amazon.

2. Mandouga

Mandouga Active Member

"Complete Series"? Are we talking about EVERY episode of the show (i.e., up to the final episode in 1984) in one massive (and likely to be too expensive) DVD set, or is it just the "complete series" of "Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids" specifically*?

*There were two later incarnations, both of which aired new episodes: "The New Fat Albert Show" (which premiered on CBS a few years later), and "The Adventures of Fat Albert and Cosby Kids" (which aired in U.S. syndication in 1984). It should also be noted that while neither of them were retitled rerun packages, at least the latter one included the syndicated debuts of the older episodes. If the DVD release worked this way, we would have three sets; one for each incarnation.

UPDATE: According to this article from TV Shows on DVD (and judging from the shape of the box), it's a 16 episode set, which means it will likely have all 110 episodes of the series (i.e., all 3 incarnations in their entirety). However, the article also states that they don't know if it will also include the specials as well. It's also unknown at this time what extras it will have (if any), or even if Bill Cosby will have any kind of involvement.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2012
  3. Looney Tunes Fan

Looney Tunes Fan Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

Hmm. Looks like your adress is out of wack. Let's try this one: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Fat-Albert-Cosby-Kids-The-Complete-Series/16781

And here's an update article: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Fat-Albert-Cosby-Kids-The-Complete-Series/16802

4. Ioz

Ioz Master of Mer

They said on twitter that the specials aren't on there. Too bad. Have all the specials been released previously?

5. Looney Tunes Fan

Looney Tunes Fan Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

Yes. The Halloween and Easter specials were released on stand-alone discs, and I know that the Christmas special was released on the New Christmas Classics dvd.

6. Ioz

Ioz Master of Mer

7. derosa

derosa New Member

No, the "pilot" hasn't been released on DVD, i think there was some hope
    that it would be on a complete set, but I haven't seen that confirmed yet.

There is still some question as to which prints are going to be used to make
    this new set. The previous volumes of UrbanWorks sets that were released
    in 5 or 6 years ago were PAL versions of syndicated shows. I sincerely hope
    this set is going to be better than what has come out so far. I bought the specials
    and the first two volumes previously released, but i'd buy a proper new set.