Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes "Doomsday" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by Stu, Sep 16, 2006.

?

Rate this episode

1. Doom delivers again!

9.5%
  2. ****1/2

9.5%
  3. ****

14.3%
  4. ***1/2

16.7%
  5. ***

21.4%
  6. **1/2

4.8%
  7. **

7.1%
  8. *1/2

2.4%
  9. *

2.4%
  10. Not enough H.E.R.B.I.E!

11.9%
  1. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster

Discuss this episode from the Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes animated series!

[​IMG]

Episode #3: Doomsday
    Original Airdate: September 16th, 2006

When Reed is accused of having purposefully exposed Susan, Johnny and Ben to the cosmic rays that transformed them into the Fantastic Four, the team is torn apart. But as Susan, Johnny and Ben individually wonder if Reed is capable of such a betrayal, they’re attacked by the mastermind behind the plot against Reed – Doctor Doom. Now the team has to escape Doom’s prisons in order to save Reed and prevent Doom from plunging the city into the Negative Zone.

Comments?

2. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

Uhh is that aliens tongue a part of a ocotopus?:sweat:

3. Caswin

Caswin New Member

First, that is one spiffy-lookin' title card.

Second, was that Stan Lee I saw in the crowd?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2006
  4. Arsenal

Arsenal Magneto was right

This feels like a small step backward from last week animation-wise, though it does feel like the introduction we have waiting for.

Doom has diplomatic immunity (even though he clearly keeps trying to kill people; and for the record, who grants a guy named Doom diplomatic immunity), and that's why he keeps getting a "get-a-way" free card.

This is the best Susan has come off thus far.

Johnny is alternately irritating and hysterical. His epilogue/monologue aping Doom was hysterical. "I am brilliant but will inevitable lose because I'm DOOM!"

We see Alicia for the first time, and she is clearly influenced by the movie version.

5. Azrael24

Azrael24 why?

Did abyone watch this? i thought it was MUCH better than the past couple of weeks. and it was a good pilot even tho CN didnt release it till now

loads more action, which automatically made it better. also the story was really good, and doom was exellent along with the rest of the cast

6. Rabi~en~Rose

Rabi~en~Rose idolmaster

trial, body swap and now break up the team with lies I guess its hard to be super original but still :sweat: the fighting still lacks impact but this episode was still more exciting then the others because the city actually was getting destroyed and stuff :) umm but all that negative world stuff went right over my head :confused:

7. FatFree

FatFree New Member

This was supposed to have been the first episode, yes?

I actually liked last week's episode much more. This one seemed somewhat dull, and I feel that they could have done so much more with that plot.

8. Anarky

Anarky Team Conan

very similar to Teen Titan's real first episode, "Divide and Conquer", but still enjoyable...though there was a lot going on but I suspect the writing and staging will tighten in time for S2. No doubt we'll be seeing more from The Negative Zone later this season. FF is starting to grow on me, especially like that they're playing on Reed's guilt over the accident that mutated his friends (especially Ben).

9. spyke

spyke Active Member

I agree with everything you said. This episode was really good, the best pisode so far IMO.

The plot for this episode was actually loosely based off of the X-MEN/FF mini series from the late 80's. So the creators of this show can't be blamed for adapting stories from the comics.

10. Crash

Crash New Member

So the media got an electronic copy of the journal... And they just believed it? No verification at all? Boy, the Marvel Media is stupid. I mean, extra stupid. Where's Ben Urich when you need him?

I'd say it was definately a step up from what we've seen so far. Punches actually landed. (albeit, against a robot, but still, they landed) And with Sue's head blocking most of it, he even got completely trash a robot. Anything to get past the european censors, I suppose...

As for Doom...I'm still getting used to the voice. And the dialog. The arrogance just seemed...forced. But the design is starting to grow on me. And I do like the 'Doom-vision' camera we sometimes get.

Heh. So the landlady (we gunna get a name for her anytime soon?) barely bats an eye at giant bug aliens, but Johnny freaks her out? I think she'll be good for a regular chuckle.

11. PickHut

PickHut *daydreams*

Best episode that's aired so far. Lot of good moments and lines that came out of this one. Johnny's impression of Dr. Doom was quite humorous.

12. bigddan11

bigddan11 Justice must be served!

I found this episode to be fairly enjoyable. Doom clearly knows the strengths and weaknesses of the F4, and he knows how to make them caged like rats. It's just a shame he didn't know about the "other" abilities.

The beginning theme is startting to be fairly likeable, but I can't help but notice they have Susan listed as Susan Storm instead of Susan Richards.

13. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

This really should have aired first (as intended) but maybe they didn't get the tape first or something.

A pretty solid episode but it suffers from the same things of all the episodes thus far. Nice looking but boring animation and increasingly dull acting. It's almost sleep inducing for an action show. But improvement is nice.

14. Cortez2301

Cortez2301 Active Member

What was the rating for this show?

15. Hyper Shadow X

Hyper Shadow X Lover of Fate-Chan

Doom looks pretty cool

16. Anime 51

Anime 51 Earth Pubric Corporation

No one asked the obvious question: if Reed had meant to expose them to cosmic rays, why would he go with them?

17. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator

I guess we can assume they are not married yet. They werent always married in the comics so Im guessing they're going with that.

18. Caswin

Caswin New Member

Because he wanted to be exposed to the cosmic rays, too, and didn't care about how they felt about it?

19. J'onn J'onzz

J'onn J'onzz Best Male Member '08

TV-Y7-FV, like everything non-Naruto on Toonami currently.

20. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

That was better than last week. Love Johnny impresion of Doom.

8/10

By the way is there any reason why the episode was shown twice?