1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Fantastic Four" Reboot Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by KCJ506, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I'd probably take that over what we got with the Tim Story offerings though I can't really picture this turning into an FF movie that I'd want to see yet due solely to the casting ( I'm probably more puzzled by Miles Teller and Jamie Bell being cast than by Michael Jordan).

2. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

I posted a blog piece on this that covers 25 years of similar casting decisions. Even made a pun out of Trank's name.

3. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

4. the greenman

Face palming for the very fact this is actually going forward. So Victor Von Doom is older than Reed, which is really not a big deal.

It's just funny that MOS2 is going contrary to that.

5. TMC1982

TMC1982 Active Member

At this point, I really don't care who is going to play Doctor Doom (I'm actually in a sick way, kind of wish the the rumors about a woman playing Doctor Doom being truth). Fox and Josh Trank already soured by interest by casting an actress who is older than Reed's actor to play Sue, a black actor to play Johnny and yet not cast a black actress to play his sister (so we don't have to use the clunky or forced "we was adopted" backstory), and you cast a two small actor to play Ben.

6. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

7. Tohya

Tohya deficit omne quod nasciture

The article got updated. The rumor was false.

8. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Darn. :(
    I got my hopes up, too...

9. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

I'm laughing at how quickly they shot that stupid crap down. There have been so many dumb rumors released already.

I'm gonna assume this was wishful thinking from the fanboys still pissed their precious Johnny is gonna be black.

10. Tohya

Please, if Johnny were white people would still want this movie to fail.
    This was taken from the comments section of that article. I think it accurately describes why people want the movie to fail.

11. RoryWilliams

And yet black Johnny has consistently been the thing that has gotten the most attention and outrage. Funny that.

12. Tohya

You seem to want to make this about race but your an intelligent man. Put 2 and 2 together. Going with this forced adoption angle gives a lot of fans the idea that a studio with a terrible track record for CBM is going to and another to the list. The same kind of outrage surrounds the Batman and Superman movie. Its standard, you make it sound like the hate is an aberration.

13. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

People want Marvel Studios to do the Fantastic Four. The failure of this movie makes it happen. Simple as that.

14. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

Bleeding Cool isn't so sure the denial is true and they have been pretty right about things like this.

My hopes of this movie falling apart before the expiration date remain alive!

15. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

reflection is right. Even if Johnny weren't black, the fact is, people do't trust Fox, they want Disney/Marvel to do it.

Like me.

16. the greenman

Well, if the film fails, I bet you you they will cancel the crossover of any kind. FOX would be smart to do what SONY did with Ghost Rider and just give the rights over. They made two stinkers with Nick Cage and I hear they were planning on a Luke Cage film too (this was before the whole expanded universe idea that the studios are doing now). Really, FOX is going to waste their money on this film and it's nobody's fault but their own based on greed. Millar promised this would be closer to the original source material, yet they turn around and base it on Ultimate FF. So that was a half truth.

The villain is rumored to be Annihilus and I kinda trust Simon Kinberg to turn in a great script. My fear is in Trank (who based on Chronicle is an okay director), studio interference, and Millar meddling with it. Also, this is truly a rush job in the worse case, the actors literally don't have too much time to prepare for this. Also, unlike Webb who did ASM, Trank isn't exactly working with stellar talent like Martin Sheen, Dennis Leary, or Sally Field, let alone Stone and Garfield. All we can do watch and see what happens. However, I seriously am having deja vu like I did for Green Lantern.

17. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Has Simon Kinberg ever written a great script?

18. the greenman

Then let me backtrack and just hope for good. He's been mentioned for Star Wars EPISODE VII and the stuff he has worked on has been hit or miss. Sometimes you can't really tell if the script was at fault or the director.

19. RoryWilliams

I really don't think they're overly invested in whether or not fans know it's sticking to the source material. The fans are a very small portion of the audience. What's gonna make or break it is getting the average joes interested after the last two horrible movies. Even in the comics the FF aren't terribly popular these days (they're regularly crushed by the X and Avengers franchises).

#480 RoryWilliams, Mar 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.