1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Fantastic Four (2015)" Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, Aug 7, 2015.

?

"Fantastic Four" - Discuss and Rate this Movie!

1. *****

5.6%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

5.6%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

22.2%
  8. *1/2

5.6%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

61.1%
  1. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

I seen the movie and it that real bad the last act is like watching a bad 80's movie with 80's music I'll never watch this crap movie ever again, I'm done with Fox with The Fantastic Four in name only.

2. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

$45,213,993 in 13 days

How much are you willing to bet this gets pulled out of theaters first thing tomorrow?

3. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

They've already pulled it from my local cineplex if that's what you're asking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

4. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

I have no idea what I just sat through. This wasn't a movie, this was a loosely edited bunch of sequences that featured the same people over and over. Watching this was the closest I ever came to falling asleep in a theatre. The first half was ludicrous, it explained nothing, it made these "smart" people into idiots, and even never made me feel like there were stakes. The second half was dull and again kept the low stakes. This was a summer movie bankrupt of memorable set pieces, good lines and charismatic characters. Forget the talk of the reshoots and Fox interferring with Trank. It's clear neither party had a clue. This is Batman & Robin levels of terrible, although at least that movie is watchable for the entertainment value. I can't imagine sitting through this again, and I urge anyone reading this who has not seen it to not watch it. Even if you a gift card or something meaning you don't have to pay, don't watch it. It's not worth your time. This was a pitiful excuse for a movie. Shame on Fox, Josh Trank, Simon Kinberg and anyone else responsible. What a disaster.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I'm not going to continue to bash this. Honestly, I never wanted to see this and early on it was obvious FOX was keeping the IP out of spite. I am more disheartened about Trank. I just don't think he had enough experience for this. Yeah, Chronicle was good, but they should have requested more.

Some folks cite Marc Webb, but Webb has done music videos, and yes Trank made some tv eps, but not films.

I blame FOX for #1, screwing us on a proper Chronicle sequel and bullying Trank on this film. They basically pissed off Max Landis who left the project, and already forced Trank off of a sequel. Well, yes they own it, so oh well.

#2 Yes he signed up for this film, but he essentially is doing another version of Chronicle. We have not seen him make other kinds of films. Take a page from guys like Rian Johnson, made 3 different kinds of films, in addition to tv eps, now doing Star Wars.

I really am mostly saddened by people's perception of The Fantastic four. I wasn't a massive fan, but I read some of the Lee/Kirby, and Byrne runs. Mostly, I watched the many different animated series. I find it hard that it is a property hard to translate. No, it is not. In fact, Tim Story was told to do reshoots on his films based on the Studio seeing Incredibles.
    Hmmmmmm

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

6. dmxx116

Stop trying to defend Trank. His 'idea' for the FF was to not do an FF movie at all but instead do a sequel to Chronicle disguised as an FF movie.

This is not a good idea that was 'ruined', it was simply a bad idea from start to finish.

He never had any intention of making a Fantastic Four movie.

7. the greenman

^Ummm, you must've missed #2 of my post. Also, I oblige you check to check the pre-release thread when I was hoping FOX would either do this or let the rights lapse back like 3 years ago.

8. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

9. the greenman

It's obviously their money 2 burn. It feels like a bitter divorce case with custody rights. The mom fighting with the Step Father. Not real father.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

I get that as one of the big writers and producers of FF and the upcoming sequel, Simon Kinberg is still trying to put a positive spin on this whole thing but saying things like "I was most disappointed the fans didn't like it" and "It's hard, making a movie. Movies are hard to make" shows just plain ignorance. It's either a forced ignorance in that he can't be down on the production of this film especially since he's still working on the sequel, or just plain "not getting it" ignorance that feels that people were just being overly harsh and bitter towards the first movie. I get that FOX needs to keep making FF movies to keep the license and that obviously it would waste money as I'm sure at this point something had to have been put into making FF2 (especially they're still saying the sequel is in June 2017) but seems like they should of had a wake up call on this franchise by now. I guess it's possible to make a far superior sequel if you know what mistakes you made with the original but that doesn't seem like the case here. Also... how do you plan on attracting people to a film generally nobody liked and barely made any money? Seriously even film franchises a bunch of people don't care for at least make money because there's some sort of audience for them. That isn't the case for this film who can't even claim to be a Genisys where despite bad press here made a lot more overseas to cover it's budget. This is just a failure through and through so... for some reason FOX believes it can make back the 100 something million dollars they lost in another movie rather then just getting some funds back from Marvel by selling them back the characters. That's my only explanation for this that isn't just decreeing how moronic this idea seems to be.

11. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

Unless this sequel (assuming it actually happens) is going to fix the many, many, many things that were wrong with the first movie, then pass-a-dena for me. The first Fan4stic looked like a train wreck not worth spending money on, and if a sequel were going to be just more of the same, then these guys aren't getting a plug nickel from me.

Just for funsies, not too long ago I blogged about what I don't want to see in a F4 sequel.

#71 Silverstar, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  12. dmxx116

13. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

Consider the odds of a sequel dead in the water. Michael B. Jordan is joining the cast of Black Panther.

All we can hope for now is Fox doesn't make another movie out of spite and just graciously gives up the rights this time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Jeremy Slater reveals who was in his script and a brief outline of the movie. And it sounded kinda awesome. Sounded.

15. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Galactus? Mole Man? Annihilus? Cosmic Rod? The true Negative Zone? Fantasti-Car? HERBIE?

It sounds awesome, but also crowded for a first movie. Still probably better than what we got, though.

16. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

I recently managed to see this on Sky over here in the UK. I refused to part with my money to see it in theatres or buy the Blu Ray, but I admit it's not as terrible as I thought it would be.

It's still a hot mess and something which Fox should be embarrassed was released in the states it's in, but there were a few good ideas and Teller and Jordan were pretty good as Richards and Johnny. The film falls apart as soon as the 4 get their powers... It doesn't seem to have a 3rd act and ends rather than finishes... The Doom build up, reveal and defeat was done far too quickly to be anything other than laughable, and his introduction before they teleported to Earth 2 or whatever it was called was stupid at best.

It's clear Trank was in way over his head, and should've left the project long before filming commenced. Kingsberg deserves much of the blame as the story spends a lot of time to have a poor resolution, a dissatisfaction that carried over to X-Men: Apocalypse. It must be time for Fox to hand their Marvel keys to someone else.

While I doubt I'll ever watch it again, it wasn't the horrific waste of time I envisioned it to be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. avastye

avastye New Member

HA! Someone gave this 5 stars