1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Fantastic Four (2015)" Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, Aug 7, 2015.

?

"Fantastic Four" - Discuss and Rate this Movie!

1. *****

5.6%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

5.6%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

22.2%
  8. *1/2

5.6%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

61.1%
  1. Mostezli

Mostezli Corroborating with EVIL

Tons of online speculation there if you would like to read up on them.
    Ultimately, what it boils down to is a "too late in the game" creative clash between Trank and the executives, which is pretty darn evident in the final product.

I don't care for the clear as day meddling, so if Fox wants to continue this iteration, the producers need to put more faith in the next director as soon as they've been sold on what they believe is a good pitch.

2. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

3. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Wow, this behinds the scene drama is more interesting than the actual film! 0_o

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

5. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

This is surprisingly worse than even Green Lantern. I doubt they will still attempt a sequel. This is not going to go away in even 7 years.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

6. Troy Troodon

Well to be fair the X-Men movies are still good, and the Deadpool movie is promising (Though I'd prefer the PG-13 rated Deadpool like in the comics)

7. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

I didn't really enjoy this film. I've defended Batman Forever, Spider-Man 3, X-Men: The Last Stand and Origins, and the Fantastic Four films from the 2000's, and looking back, they all still have something to defend, be it action sequences (which this movie is lacking in), interesting/faithful costumes (more so Spider-Man and F4 than the others), or extensive heart. The overall tone is bleak and joyless, and while I did enjoy some moments (the beginning, the aftermath of the initial incident), this movie feels lacking in many areas, so I sincerely hope that Marvel Studios can get the rights to the characters.

P.S. Does anyone else realize how hard Reed was holding on to the Idiot Ball when he, Victor, Ben, and Johnny went to "Zero"? If it weren't for his curiosity, this movie wouldn't have happened.

8. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

I know that FOX apparently has plans for a full 100% reboot of the X-Men film franchise after 2017. What better opportunity, and profit, then have the this reboot be in the continuity of the Marvel Cinematic Universe? I imagine we would be looking at over 10 films from three different studios for Phase 4.

That's only if the rumor is true, however. If not...oh well. I'm not going to cry over it.

9. Troy Troodon

Who knows, after they finish their last XMen/Wolverine/Deadpool movie, they might... might hand the rights back to fox.

10. TheLemsterPju

Just being open-minded. Even Kevin Fiege said he wanted the X-Men back.

11. the greenman

What rumor is that?

Honestly, FOX would be smart to just let it lapse to Disney Marvel. Unless Marvel has immediate plans, I doubt they wanna pay for it. 2021-2022 >

12. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

13. TheLemsterPju

14. Mostezli

Mostezli Corroborating with EVIL

#54 Mostezli, Aug 15, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  15. the greenman

Yeah, I remember that rumor back when DoFP dropped. I don't really think it will completely abolish the franchise. They are changing stuff. We'll get New Mutants, Deadpool, and X-Force maybe more.

16. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I didn't think the movie was as awful as others made it out to be, but it was pretty disappointing. The actors were decent, there were some neat moments here and there and I kind of liked some of the sci-fi concepts used - but it just didn't feel like a Fantastic Four movie. The overall tone was pretty dark and not as fun as the F4 should be. The story wasn't the greatest but I thought it worked for the most part. I'm not really a fan of the Ultimate F4 comics, which this movie seems to have taken a lot of stuff from, trying to make it more realistic. The characters weren't too bad, but at the same time none of them really left an impression on me and could have been fleshed out some more. Doctor Doom on the other hand, was pretty lame; not explaining his motivation, powers or plan to destroy the world wasn't a very smart move. His design wasn't that great either and the way he was defeated was kind of anti-climatic. All in all, not a very good movie. It starts off pretty promising but soon falls apart and by the end it just becomes tedious. The other F4 live-action movies weren't masterpieces either, but I think I enjoyed them more. As far as I'm concerned, their best live-action adventure is Rise of the Silver Surfer, which doesn't really say a lot.

17. Freddy

Freddy Active Member

To be fair, only reason why Deadpool comics are PG-13 is because movies are held higher standards than comics (dumb, I know, but what you gonna do) when it comes to these kind of things. What you can get a way with in PG-13 comic, wouldn't fly in PG-13 movie.

18. Viper

Viper I'll Never Forget You Two!

All I can say about this new movie is: What a disappointment!!!:( It wasn't anything like the original comic book nor the cartoons or even like the two Jessica Alba movies which were a whole lot better. Also, there was almost no action until towards the end and the way they defeated Dr. Doom looked FAR too easy! Such a shame!:(

19. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

My bro & I took in a matinee on Saturday. Unimpressed.

Trankquilizer took his cues from the Bendis/MIllar Ultimate FF series from '04, which IIRC was partially influential in the two previous films. It's clear they reshot most of the film's 2nd half, but at whose insistence? Trankquilizer claims Fox interference. Seems to me they wanted to ensure he didn't fall off the rails, if you will. Casting was uneven. Kate Mara was easy on the eyes, and did what she could with the material given. Jamie Bell was all wrong for Ben from the go. Couldn't they have found someone taller? Miles "Joke" Teller had all the charisma of a blind toad. I'd rather get the old cartoons on DVD than go through this again.

20. Troy Troodon

This video sums up how much the industry can severely hurt a superhero comic book fan.