1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

World's Finest Workshops Fan Made Superheroes/Villains Description Thread

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by Red X Unmasked, Dec 26, 2004.

1. Red X Unmasked

Red X Unmasked Can't keep a Gun Bunny down...

(In response to Casity)

I was originally thinking of getting a comic book and a seperate comic character published [possibly Image and or Marvel]. I don't see my comic book getting published, but the seperate comic character I'm still considering submitting it to Marvel.
    After reading your post, I'm now considering either self publishing my comic series or maybe getting it published into a story book (maybe somewhat like Captain Underpants or something like that).
    The comic character I haven't really decided on yet, but as for the comic book/series, it's called "The Usher" (it's a comedic/action book, but not as comedic as Cap. Underpants or something like that, but comedic nonetheless).

It's about a big time conglomerate company called "King Corp." and they build movie theatres around the globe, but the owner's, the mysterious Mr. Anderson, rival wants to destroy his business and put him out for good. To protect his business from harm, he begins recruiting the best ushers that work in his theatres to be apart of his team of agents.
    One of the ushers he chooses is his own son, Will Anderson (who hates his father for always being at work and never having anytime to hang outw ith his son). Seeing as how he knows his son won't work for him, he gives him two types of candies to choose from: a blue one and a red one (yes, movie parodies all around ;) ).
    Once he eats the blue one, his brain is instantly implanted with martial art fighting techniques, his agility and other things are enhanced as well. Once that happens, he will automatically become an Usher Agent; if he eats the red one, then he wakes up the next morning in bed forgetting the whole meeting ever happened and continues on with life.
    Well Will eats both of them at the same time before his father can even finish what he was saying, so he wakes up the next morning forgetting the meeting happened, but finds himself with enhanced agility, strength, yaddah yaddah yaddah.
    After seeing what has happened to his son, Mr. Anderson gets the idea to trick his son into becoming an Usher Agent. The plan was simple: while Will is at work, he will have a hired "villain" "attack" the theatre. Will, with his powers, will automatically jump to the aid and try and defend his co workers (he could care less about the theatre), and an Usher Agent uniform will be planted around for him to find and put it on so he can hide his identity.
    But the plan somewhat backfired: An actual villain (that Will had a hand in creating) attacks the theatre in hopes of revenge on Will (the villain is his soon to be arch nemesis Cellulator (pronounced Cell-you-lay-tor) ).
    Will ends up finding the suit and wears it to hide his identity (in case he loses cause he doesn't want to be embarrassed by his defeat).
    After defeating Cellulator for the first (but not last time) will finds himself loved and adored (but as the Usher) and decides to keep the hero gig going.
    And that's how he became The Usher.

This all happens in the first comic, but the drawing isn't all that great, so I might make it a book instead. Whaddya think?

2. JazzyChick

JazzyChick Bass players are misunderstood

well i like making up villans. in the fic i'm writing right now, i have a new one who's name is Stratagem, but that's all i've revealed about him. i'll post here more about him when it won't ruin my story. the last villan i did was Miss. Sarah, but she's just insane, speaks in the third person, and really fun to write, and that's basically all you need to know about her. :rolleyes:

to Casity and Red X Unmasked: compleatly awesome that your getting published, wether its just for fun doesn't take away the sheer awesomeness of it. i'll be sure to read them if/when they do get published. so uh...good luck to ya'll!

3. Red X Unmasked

Thanx, JazzyChick. Just for that, I won't say anything about the Orange Bowl. :D

4. Allen CARR

Allen CARR Member

The X chemicals, are the same ones that changed Beastboy itno that monster in "Beast within". They had a much different effect on Liam Kincade though.

5. Casity

Casity The BatThing

Red X Unmasked: Wow, thats something I'd like to see, lol, or read! :anime: Sounds like you put thought into that one, how many years have you been working on it then? Sounds like a few, eh? Marvel? Why not DC Comics?

Well, best of luck with your publishing! I await to see it in my hands! ;)

#25 Casity, Jan 18, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2005
  6. Red X Unmasked

I've been working on "The Usher" for about 2 years now, I think. It's really coming together. I've come up with ALOT of plots and characters, both villains and allies.
    And the only reason why I'm not choosing DC is because it says that they don't take submissions through mail/e-mail, but that they go to conventions and find one they like or something like that. And I don't think I'll be able to get to one.

I'm looking for some good publishers right now. Do you think you could give me a list of publishers you're looking into?

7. Casity

Casity The BatThing

The publishers we are looking into are from Indiana - where I live, lol. But we are also planning to buy a book listing different groups that will publish for us. Here is a web-site that we found very helpful! :anime:

http://www.soyouwanna.com/site/syws/publishbook/publishbook.html

If you have any more questions just hollar! I don't know if I can be much help, but I can try! :sweat: (I never knew that about DC, sounds cool! Now I wanna' go to a convention!)
    PS: I like your sig. I love that Young Justice graphic novel!

8. Red X Unmasked

Thank you very much Casity. Hopefully "The Usher" will get excepted and become published, and then from there, it is on to WORLD DOMINA--wait, you're not supposed to hear that.

9. moro loci

moro loci SHEPHERDS PIE!!!!!!!!!

okey dokey, i'll give it a try.

Name: Wolf

Alias (Real Name): Luna Mane

Height:5 foot 9

Weight: 9 - 10 stone

Appearance: Long wavy blonde hair - tied up in a high pony tail with some hair covering her right eye. Her left eye is brown, her right eye is electric blue.

Costume:Cropped white top, long, baggy black trousers, black and silver caterpillar trainers, long black coat (matrix style), coat hides two samurai swords, retractable bow staff on belt in a holster, dagger strapped to her leg.

Powers:Can see a persons destiny, can turn in to a white wolf (blue eye shows), little bit of super human strength - she can only use it when her friends are in danger, she can navigate shadow portals- one of the perks to being half vampire.

Strength: Martial arts, sword fighting.

Limitations/Weaknesses: SILVER STAKES!

Bio: Part vampire part werewolf, raised in a different dimension, hunts her brother across many different dimensions and alternate realities. Due to her busy lifestyle she can't afford to make friends.

Name: Lycan

Alias (Real Name): Max Mane

Height: 6 foot 6

Weight: 18 stone (mostly muscle)

Appearance: Tall, dark grey, very hairy

Costume: ripped shorts

Powers: Werewolf superstrength, able to navigate shadow portals.

Strength: Brute force, strategy, gets his strength from the moon - partly

Limitations/Weaknesses: Silver, wolfsbane

Bio: Wolf's older brother, a couple of decades after wolf's birth the vampire blood made Max go insane he killed their parents, he was permanently tranformed into werewolf form by his mother and father, a curse for killing them. Now he takes pleasure in ruining Wolf's life, he keeps her moving around not giving her a chance to make any friends.

10. ShadowOfAGhost

ShadowOfAGhost Computer Geek

Here's from my first fic, Spurned Past, Tentative Future

(this is pathetic, I actually have to look this up to remember it...)

Name: Phantom
    Alias (Real Name): David Zhenfry
    Height: 5' 7''
    Weight: about 145 -150 lbs
    Appearance: Dark brown hair and eyes, menacing look, yet warm smile
    Costume: Black army fatigues
    Powers: None, uses technology.
    Concussion rounds for a 9mm pistol and a .50 cal rifle (concussion rounds knock opponent down with great exploding force, but leave no lasting wounds)
    Buck knife w/ 5'' fixed blade
    Strength: can hit long range targets with rifle, toughened by years of living on the streets, stealth, a knack with computers
    Limitations/Weaknesses: Human
    Bio:

Name: Fire Bug
    Alias (Real Name): Baxter Spidmin
    Height: 5' 3''
    Weight: 160 lbs
    Appearance: bright red hair, somewhat of a geeky look
    Costume: Long orange and red cloak
    Powers: Pyrokenises (light things on fire with your mind), uses small vials of napalm now and then in conjunction with his fire.
    Strength: can set things (and people) ablaze
    Limitations/Weaknesses: power is useless in heavy rain or any other form of precip. He is a poor hand to hand fighter
    Bio:

11. Casity

Casity The BatThing

LOL :anime:

12. Vivace

Vivace Therapists love my money

Name: Force
    Alias (Real Name): Ark Magnus
    Height: 5' 5''
    Weight: 110lbs
    Appearance: Hard stern face, baby blue eyes reveal softer man than his over all image. Messy brown hair about medium sized
    Costume: Red jacket with a gray shirt underneath
    Powers: Telekinsis
    Strength: Intutive, His mind powers give him a remarkbly quick wit.
    Limitations/Weaknesses: His powers drain his mind. Explosion of energy can cause unconciousness and even death
    Bio:

Ark Magnus never knew his parents or even had a normal life. The day he was born a corrupt nurse working for a mystrious orginization stole him away because of his pychic powers. He was dropped of at a shadowy place called "The School." There he learned the ends and outs of being a Specter, a butcher that is trained to be the most effienct killer. He renouced his training the day he graduated, his final test was to butcher an entire bunkerful of people. He did it but relized in the process his masters' even ententions. He left the orginization at the age of 13. He has been hunted ever since. On the surface he is a cold man, but dig deeper the more human he becomes. Since he is being hunted by his own masters he has a nervousness about getting to close to people. When you get to the core of his being, he is one of the sweetest men; you just have to survive long enough to meet him.

Crossfire
    Weight: 132 lbs
    Height: 6' 3''
    Appreance: He wears pair of black sunglasses his hair is black and of a medium size on his he wares a simple black shirt with two handguns straped to his chest.
    Costume: He wears pair of black sunglasses his hair is black and of a medium size on his he wares a simple black shirst with two handguns straped to his chest.
    Powers: Limited Precognition
    Strenth: Relaxed, he can see 17 seconds into the future
    Limitations: When consentracting his mind shows time a present speed.
    Bio: Like Force his beginnings were the same. He was trained in the art of beging a Ghost, an assassion. He was also sent on a mission to kill. He left under the same curcomstances. His power is the ability to see 5 seconds into the future. The more he thinks the slower it becomes. When he is consentrating he sees things as they presently are. He left the orginiation a the age of 13 so he has survived longer than Force. He faked his death so his hunters believe him to be dead. He has a sarcastic personality and takes little suriously. At his core he means well, but he doesn't have much exprience with people. He initally makes friends easily, but has trouble opening up and getting close.

#32 Vivace, Jan 24, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2005
  13. The_NewCatwoman

The_NewCatwoman Oh you've got to be kidding me

I'll admit I'm a little late on this, but yes it has been moved.

tNC

EDIT: I would add my own characters to this list but there are far too many of them floating around in my stories. That and I might get a tad bit obsessive trying to nail down characteristics.

14. Crowgirl

Crowgirl Active Member

15. Rae

Rae Insert amusing comment

Okay, this is my fanmade superhero! You won't have met her yet as she appears in my unposted fic that won't be posted until i've finished the one i'm on!

Name:Nephirim (pronounced Nef-ir-eem)

Alias (Real Name):Gabrielle Stone

Age:We actually see her when she's at different ages! (but we see alot of her as a teenager so for that she's age 16)

Height: Different ages different heights! But when she's a teenager she's 175cm/5ft 7(it think that's the right conversion, oh and i've changed it since Matt took the info for the Mass Writer thing!)!

Weight: Different ages different wieghts! But when she's a teen she's 45kg (about 7 stone)

Appearance: She has long, straight, white hair down to her waist and saphire eyes. She's tall and appears thin but her muscles are strong from vigorous training. Her skin is a golden brown, soft, and unmarked. She doesn't wear glasses as she has perfect eyesight and is probably the only teenager around who doesn't have braces as her teeth are pearly white and perfect. She looks like a gentle girl who could not hurt a fly even if she tried!

Oh yeah, she also sometimes has wings. They are white and look like birds wings, with all the feathers, and she can pull them against herself a bit like a bird does. They are very big and when they are fully unfolded from inside her they go down to just a few inches above the floor.

Costume: She has her wings fully out to give her the image of an angel. She wears a white skintight all in one suit with a gold mask covering her eyes.

Powers:Telepathy, flight from her wings, levitation of her self and other objects, healing, phasing through objects and a few undiscovered talents that will only be revealed in my story.

Strength:She has a pure heart and is unable to commit evil deeds.

Limitations/Weaknesses:Basically her strength is her weakness. That and she is unable to lie.

Bio: Gabrielle is a half angel. Her mother was one of Gabriel's host that visited the virgin Mary and they remained on Earth for many centuries (being immortal). However, she was raped by an earthman and became pregnant. Being one of God's angels she could do nothing to prevent the child being born but had to be satisfied that the father would be sent to hell. At a young age(a few months) Gabrielle was abandoned by her mother who could not look after her in heaven, for only pure angels could go there. She was found by a make-shift family of teenagers who took her in and raised her. She found out almost straight away she could talk telepathically to one of the teens and used this to communicate with the others. Two of the teenagers she began to call 'mama' and 'papa' in these telepathic conversations, much to the disturbance of 'mama'.

These teens raised her and when she was old enough she attended middle school. her not being able to lie proved difficult at first but she eventually managed to cope and started to make friends. However, outside of school she took off where her makeshift family left off. As a child she had been trained to do good and unknown to her family she continued to do so when they had thought all good had disappeared. She became Nephirim.

There we go! I'll probably edit this later and delete half of it so it doesn't change or give away my story too much but never mind!

#35 Rae, Feb 23, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2005
  16. Sproxie

Sproxie Active Member

Ok... this is my character. I haven't exactly introduced her in my story yet though. :sweat:

Eirez
    Weight: 115 lbs
    Height: 5' 6''
    Appreance: Has long, straight, light blue hair. She has very light peach skin color, and she is dressed in a sleek black leather skirt, with two belts going around it. Her top is a light blue spagetti strapped tank top to match her hair. She is wearing long black boots and long black gloves, and on her leg she's got a pistol. She has extremely pale light blue eyes. (Pictures of my character. - 1 2 <- In the 2nd picture I forgot to put her gloves on, and they has no color becase i have nothing to color it with! )
    Costume: See above ^
    Powers: Can manipulate lightning and/or electricity. She is an expert martial artist, has great aim with guns, and knows how to use swords. If she gets too angry or stressed out, her powers go crazy and she can't control them. Anytime somone touches her skin they get shocked.
    Limitations: If she uses to much electricity she can 'black out.'
    Bio: Private information. I don't plan on releasing any background information on my character untill much later on in my story....

#36 Sproxie, Feb 23, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2005
  17. rrarbecy

rrarbecy I'm Back!

Hm... Centimeters and kilograms? Time to go to Convert-me.com.

Sprox, how did you learn how to draw? I can't draw to save my life, but you're amazing.
    -----------------------------------
    Name: Hourglass

Alias: Graham Bannister

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 184

Appearance: Red, crew-cut hair, and blue eyes. Skin is of a medium tone. Very thin, which allows for him to be nimble and hard to hit when fighting. Vigorous martial arts training has made his body rock hard, although he is by no means muscle-bound.

Costume: Orange three-quarter shirt with a yellow logo, resembling the Green Lantern logo. Red tights with yellow streaks down his sides and orange sneakers. A mask covers only his eyes. It is orange fringed with white lenses. Orange and yellow gloves with cut-off fingertips.

Powers: Has the ability to slow down moving objects in their tracks. This "freezing" is only temporary, lasting only about 30 seconds, but he's working to develop it. While something/someone is frozen, he can re-angle it and change where its momentum would have taken it.

Strengths: Vigorous Martial Arts training has made him a master of Tae Kwon Do, Judo, and Kung Fu. Living with superheroes in the JLA Watchtower has had a very positive effect on his morals and ideals.

Misc.: Has a pronounced British accent and owns a 2 year college degree in chemistry. Since he lived in France, he is fluent in English and French.

Weaknesses/Limitations: Freezing power is limited, lasting only about 30 seconds. Cannot freeze something/someone moving faster than the speed of sound.

Bio: Graham Bannister was born in London, England. The son of agents working for the DEO, he was trained in Martial Arts from the age of ten to make him an adept agent when he came of age. At the age of 14, he was training with his father in a gym under their house. They were fighting with padded bo-staffs and Graham's was knocked from his hand. Graham's father swung at his side to end the fight and he threw his hands out to block it, but the staff never connected. He looked up to see his father frozen in mid-swing.

Knowing that if he told his father what he had done he would be turned over to the DEO, he got back in position and let the staff hit him. Fearing for himself, Graham fled that night, stowed away on a commercial air-liner and flew to Bordeaux, France. He used his parents' PIN number and withdrew money whenever he needed, getting his thrills by stopping petty crimes. Naturally, the DEO eventually tracked him down and attempted to aprehend him. Saved by JLA members Black Canary, Captain Atom, and Green Arrow, a grateful Graham accompanied them to the orbiting Watchtower. Learning of his abilities and how he used them, Superman inducted him into the Justice League as a reserve member. There, he continued to fine-tune his abilities and was eventually deemed worthy to officially join the League. Green Lantern took a liking to Graham and took the liberty of making Graham a costume using a version of his own logo. Taking the name Hourglass, Graham continues to serve the League, making friends and a reputation as someone not to mess with.

18. percguy89

percguy89 Things Change

ok heres a character idea i had from the fic im planning on writin.....

Name:poltergeist

Alias:Jake Valor

Height:5'6

Weight:120 lbs

Appearance:Strong build, brown eyes, light brown hair, looks like just any other guy.

Costume:White Long Sleeve Coat, White long pants, black makeshift mask,
    all made of silk.

Powers:able to levitate, make things invisible(including himself), able to make things dematerialize (when is say dematerialize i mean that solid things can pass through wutever he demateriallizes, also including himself), and has knowledge of kungfu, jujitsu, karate, and tae kwon do. An awesome hand to hand fighter.

Weaknesses/Limitations:Cannot make things invisible and dematerialized at the same time, when he dematerializes himself he cannot pass through silk(which is why his costume is made out of silk), and he cannot retain invisible or dematerialized form for more than a few minutes.

#38 percguy89, Feb 24, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2005
  19. Sproxie

Sproxie Active Member

Thanks. :sweat:
    Cool characters. (everyone)

20. rrarbecy

rrarbecy I'm Back!

To hell with it. I'm letting loose. Expect me to post a lot of created characters here. Speaking of created characters...
    -------------------------------------------------

Name: Raven (I created him before i had even HEARD of Teen Titans, so don't accuse me of ripping off.)

Alias: Dorian McMahon

Height: 6'5"

Weight: 225

Appearance: Short, black hair and brown eyes. Relentless combat training enhances his already demanding physical presence. The fact that he's constantly scowling tends to make people depressed. Only smiles when watching children playing. Small scar on his chin.

Costume: Entire costume is a dark, deep purple. Plain, featureless mask covers all but his mouth. White cowl. Bulletproof upper-body piece. Tights and and boots which conform to his legs. Gloves with hardened fingers, which house his retractable claws. Folding metal wings

Powers: No special powers, but an expert problem-solver, negotiator, and fighter.

Weapons: Folding wings made of a futuristic metal, which was acquired when he and his Protectors were transported into the future by their archenemy Pendulum, and allow him to fly. Retractable claws made of the same metal. Retractable steel bo-staff. Razor edged and blunt boomerangs. Night vision cowl.

Strengths: Unfailing determination to root out evil where it hides.

Weakness/Limitation: No major weaknesses. Children(You'll see why in the bio.)

Bio: Offially, Dorian McMahon's life began the day he was born. To him, however, his life began the day his sister was raped in front of him. He and Ashley had a bond that most siblings don't have. They did everything together and trusted each other with their lives. This everything included getting ice cream.

When Dorian was 10 and Ashley was 8, there was a child abductor and killer at large. He was known only as Mr. Frosty because of the fact that his preferred mode of transportation was an ice cream truck. As it happened, one of these ice cream trucks came down the McMahons street at the exact time Dorian and Ashley wanted ice cream. When they went to get some, they were pulled into the truck and taken away.

All Dorian remembers is a dark room, a sharp pain, a bed, quick movements, screams... He was able to escape through a small window, just escaping his captor's clutches.

He never looked back and no one ever found where Ashley and Mr. Frosty were. But one thing was found. The Dorian McMahon that was dragged into the room, was not the Dorian McMahon that left it.

Dorian spent his life training to prevent any tragedy like he faced from happening again. Becoming the Raven, named for E.A. Poe's poem The Raven, he prowled the nights rooting out crime where it hid; his mournful and never-ending remembrance of what happened to his sister always fresh in his mind. Flying solo for a while, he eventually brought together his Protectors (Magician, Tarantula, and Dagger) to more efficiantly fight crime. The thought that his sister could still be alive is the main driving force keeping him going.

#40 rrarbecy, Feb 25, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2005