1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

World's Finest Workshops Fan fic idea - "Grudge Match" redone

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by pharmmajor, Mar 23, 2007.

1. pharmmajor

pharmmajor Member

I've been thinking of an idea for a story that reworks the JLU episode "Grudge Match" and wanted to toss the basic premise out to see what reactions it gets.

The story features the main characters from Grudge Match: Huntress, Black Canary, Vixen, Fire, Shayera, Wonder Woman and Roulette. Roulette is frustrated with how her metabrawl business has been ruined because of the League, and desires revenge. Her prayers are answered in the form of a 5th Dimensional imp in a bowler derby. That's right, Mxyzptlk has returned from banishment by exploiting a loophole; he can torment anyone on Earth as long as it isn't Superman. Of course, that leaves the rest of the League as perfect targets, and knowing of Roulette's recent misery, he strikes up a plan to help her get payback and have some laughs in the process.

Using his powers, Mxy manages to track down the title heroines and bring them to the new arena he's created for Roulette. But this stage isn't for any traditional fights - it's for sumo wrestling. And to get the girls into the game, they've each had their weight magically increased by 400 pounds! Not only that, but their powers have been neutralized, which leaves them at a disadvantage when facing gargantuan lizard-like warriors in the ring. Can they stop Roulette's sinister scheme and get the imp to undo his damage?
    ----

Also, I've thought of retitling the story "Heavyweight Bout". Or is that too corny?

2. The_NewCatwoman

The_NewCatwoman Oh you've got to be kidding me

Moved. This belongs in the Workshop.

tNC

3. pharmmajor

pharmmajor Member

Sorry. I forgot about the Workshop thread.

4. The_NewCatwoman

The_NewCatwoman Oh you've got to be kidding me

That's quite alright.

tNC

5. DeathscytheVII

DeathscytheVII Farewell, Daughter of Trigon

Thats actually quite brilliant, i wished the staff woulda thought of that!

The sumo wrestling was kinda a 'huh?" moment, took me right off guard. Its kinda suits mxy but do we really want to see all our female leaguers weigh 400 pounds more?

A part of me wanted to see 'mud' wrestling instead of sumo