Family Guy to kill off "major character"

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Peter Paltridge, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword!

2. The ShopSoldier

The ShopSoldier DISGRACEULLY Beating People Up

Even if Meg is offed - it won't save or improve this show for me at all.

3. defunctzombie

defunctzombie Cutie Pie

Knowing them, they'll kill someone like Stewie only for it to turn out that there was a clone and he can stick around (think what they did to Harry Kim in Voyager).

Meg is too obvious, without Brian there wouldn't be a political outlet, and Peter is a definite no. Lois or Chris I could see happening.

4. The Talon

The Talon New Member

I doubt that anyone will seriously be gone from the cast forever, since this is Family Guy after all. But if it is gonna happen, it's probably gonna be Chris. Peter, Lois, Brian, & Stewie are all way too popular to actually kill off from the show for good, & Meg would be way too obvious. Chris hardly ever does anything on the show nowadays.

5. MadMan400096

MadMan400096 World War I Flying Ace

Yeah, I'd have to say Chris. Not really a notable character anymore.

6. SRB2Unleashed

SRB2Unleashed Dragon Ball obsessed

Herbert I could see getting offed

EDIT: I think it's Brian. He's a dog afterall. He can just be replaced with another political animal.

7. RandomMe

RandomMe Stave it off

No, please don't kill any character from the main family.

8. Aquadementia

Aquadementia That's a lot of Mulaney!

There’s no knowing what they are thinking, but don’t let that stop you.

Chris and Meg are pretty useless in most episodes. Chris is great for delivering one good line then disappearing for the rest of the show.
    There’s always the chance that Green, Kunis or Borstein want to leave to do other things.

That leaves MacFarlane as half the family, and he isn’t going anywhere. Stewie is safe because getting rid of him would be stewicide for the show. You might think Peter is out of the question since he’s the title character, but if you strike him down he’ll become more powerful then you can possibly imagine. I’ve lost count of how many times he died. I’ve got to wonder how many episodes they could do with ghost dad.

But if it’s a permanent bump-off, it will probably be Brian. They’ve been hinting at him getting old, which is kind of depressing. And he is the most hated family member. Most would say it’s because of his political statements but I disagree. I think it’s because of his statements coupled with the need to immediately make him a hypocrite so they can get a joke in. That and he’s a perennial failure.
    Where it would be a shame to lose Brian is he allows MacFarlane to sing in his natural voice. I respect him for singing in character with Stewie, but he’s not half as good.

If I got to choose, I would pick Joe. He's become a collection of cripple jokes. Writers need to get some rehab because they are using that as a crutch whenever he's in a scene.

They did that to both Stewie and Brian last season. Although I guess we were never to mention that again.

9. stephane dumas

stephane dumas Active Member

What about major supporting characters like Cleveland, Quagmire, etc...? Could they bit the ones then Seth might decide to kill?

10. Silverstar

Silverstar Ah, No.

I'm pretty sure it's not going to be Lois or any of the characters voiced by Seth MacFarlane. Peter, Brian and Stewie are all too popular and important to the show; Family Guy couldn't survive without any of them.

My guess would either be Chris or Meg, since neither of them are very prominent on the show and both of their voice actors (Seth Green and Mila Kunis, respectively) are becoming increasingly more involved in outside projects, like acting, other TV shows, movies and so forth. Offing one of their characters would free up the actor to pursue outside interests and not disrupt the flow of the show.

11. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator

Well, a few seasons ago they opened with that hour-long episode where all the characters were invited to a huge mansion. A few people (including Mort's wife) were killed off by a mysterious murderer, who turned out to be Diane Simmons (who was also killed). MacFarlane confirmed on Twitter the day after that all of those deaths were cannon, and so far none of those characters have been brought back.

However, I do have a hard time believing they will kill off one of the Griffins and have it be permanent. Maybe it will turn out that Stewie has actually been his Evil Clone from that one episode all this time, biding his time, and somehow the real Stewie (who Brian shot thinking he was the clone) returns to destroy him and return to his place in the family. That would actually be pretty cool.

12. Tohya

Tohya deficit omne quod nasciture

If they went that route it would def have to be Cleveland right. Quagmire seems rather untouchable while killing off Cleveland would be symbolic at this point (with the cancellation of his show). I dont think they'll touch the main cast.

I doubt Green would want out at this point. Doesnt look like Dad's is gonna stay on the air for much longer. And I dont think Kunis is invovled in any other projects (certainly not TV).

13. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Active Member

The character that's gonna get killed off is one of the Griffin family members since the link says it's gonna be one of them, so it's not gonna someone like Quagmire or Joe.
    While there's a chance they'll kill of Chris that would pretty much get rid of Herbert too.
    But my guess would be one of these three Meg, Brian, or Lois.

14. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

It'd be too typical for it to be Meg, if it's a death that sticks then I'm thinking Chris. Dad's may not work out for Green but he's got Robot Chicken and some other projects.

15. RandomMe

RandomMe Stave it off

Don't kill Chris, kill Herbert!

16. Wi-fi Calcium

Wi-fi Calcium New Member

It's likely Chris, but it could maybe be Brian. Peter, Lois, Stewie and Meg are all slated to appear in the Simpson crossover in 2014. Chris and Brian aren't mentioned, but I still imagine in my head a skit of Brian trying to communicate with Santa's Little Helper(The Simpsons' dog). Since Stewie is paired up with Bart in the special, Chris can not be paired up with anyone. Chris has generally has been an underused character in recent seasons, but I still can't see ruling out the "back to life" conclusion as a possibly though.

17. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Active Member

I just remembered something about the Griffins getting a new dog so might give a clue to Brian getting killed off or not.

The Simpsons crossover could take place before the family kill off.

18. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi

Well they already killed off a bunch of recurring characters in And Then There Were Fewer.

Also didn't they already explain that they need Meg to be the center of their ridicule so the family doesn't fall apart?

19. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

They won't kill off anyone in the main cadt unless there's some fake out or means of bringing them back. This ain't Breaking Bad.

20. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

Cleveland returns to Quahog, then they kill him off immediately.