1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Family Guy: The Infant Strikes Back...

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Anthonynotes, May 16, 2001.

1. Anthonynotes

Anthonynotes Active Member

...to paraphrase "Warner Academy 2"'s subtitle. More specifically, just when we thought the world had seen the last of the football-headed "little tiny genius baby who's a ripoff of [Brain]" (to quote Robert), him, his jerk@$$-Homer-ripoff father and the rest of the brood's returning to Fox this fall on Thursdays @ 8 PM, with a full seasons' worth of episodes (22):

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010516/en/television-xfiles_1.html

Fire away, folks...
    -B.
    "Family Guy" leading off the "Tick"...the mind boggles.

2. Sharklady

Sharklady Active Member

Well, it isn't all disagreeable news.

It seems 'Dark Angel' also got a green light for next season, so I'll get to look at Michael Weatherly awhile longer. :D

3. DR. BELCH

DR. BELCH Member

Well....

I could pop over to mysmilies.com and order you up a few custom-made mugs. There's a vomiting smiley, a bird-flipping smiley, and a dropping-dead smiley. I have a feeling that site's going to get a real workout by the Toonzone reviewers come the new KWB fall season.
    Here's a caricature of Jamie Kellner: [​IMG]
    Here's one of Kellner's response to fan's complaints that he was running KWB into the ground.... [​IMG]
    Any queries? [​IMG]

4. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

SWEET!

Sorry, naysayers, but I LOVED this show! I am dee-lighted it is coming back!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    of course, I'd rather have Lone Gunmen back, but I'd much rather have both of these shows on!

#4 Calhoun07, May 17, 2001
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2001
  5. DR. BELCH

DR. BELCH Member

On "Family Guy"

I admit, I'm not as poisonously against the show as most here seem to be. Same with The Simpsons--I bash the show the least of any reviewer here. I'm very generous...I just take each joke, dissect it, and let it speak for itself.
    Family Guy has its moments....I'm a dog lover, so Brian makes me howl with laughter (no pun intended). You wonder why he's with Peter, a guy who thinks a Mensa application is a feminine hygiene product. Stewie is a bit homicidal at times....

[a voice off-camera]
    [​IMG] A little? You, sir, are the master of understatement...

...but he's a hoot and a half. Lois is your classic enabler, and Chris is blissfully brain-dead. Ironically Meg is the most psychologically healthy character on the show (wonder if that's why she gets the least air-time?)

#5 DR. BELCH, May 17, 2001
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2001
  6. Sharklady

Sharklady Active Member

I definitely concur that Stewie at his best is genuinely funny. I'd like to see him and Brian get spun off into their own show.

7. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

Stewie and Brian

You must have loved that road movie type episode then! Those two are really some of the best parts of the series![​IMG]

8. Anthonynotes

Anthonynotes Active Member

Re: Stewie and Brian

They're the *only* thing about the series that's vaguely redeemable IMO...wouldn't mind seeing Mad Hatter's suggestion of dunking everyone/everything else down in Dip (*especially* the "father", Peter)...

-B.