Fairy Tail (Manga Talkback)

Discussion in 'The Anime Forum' started by Keiichi, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Keiichi

Keiichi Prof Lurker

Though its not that popular here I figured I give it one more go. Have to say Mashima certainly pulled the rug out from under us this time. What we thought was going to be a Dragon chase arc turned..

Really hope this turns out good. The last couple arcs have been really meh.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2010
  2. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

This looks interesting. I wonder if maybe in this bizzaro world that Mirajane is dead and Lisanna is alive.

I have to admit seeing Gray wearing so much clothes was hillarous.

Things I like to see in the future, Loke and Karen Lilicia to see each other, and make peace with one another. Maybe Karen's spirit could one day take over Lucy's body. I am glad he got reunited with Aries, but still feel there is still some unfinished business.

I hope to see Lyon again when it is finally time to confront Ultear. Him and Gray are great together, and the two of them owe that girl big time and to bring pride back to their master's name. Plus Ultear was the one that minipulated Lyon to resurrect Deliora in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2010
  3. garfield15

garfield15 Member of the 10,000 post club

Once I saw Gray with all those clothes, I was like "Okay something's definitely wrong."

Very rare that a manga lets the mascot characters have their own arc of importance. I'm looking forward to where this is going.

4. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

Well the latest chapter is out and gotta say Alternate Wendy is hot :D. Pretty interesting chapter.The Edora's Erza is a "good guy" while the Edora's Fairy Tail is a dark guild and hey Lisana is alive. I am curious where is Edora's Natsu and how different he his from regular Natsu?

5. Rud

Rud Nine Arts Dragon

I gotta say, this new other world arc coming so soon annoys me, right before this it looked like we were about to get into the plot with the whole dragons mystery and all (ive only been waiting to get back to that since like chapter 1.....:sad:), you know, most powerful fairy tail member comming back from fighting a dragon and the guild leader going like "we have 3 dragon slayers, now things are going to get real" and stuff, i thought we was about to get to that already.

6. Keiichi

Keiichi Prof Lurker

Well the Arcs just getting started and this may tie into the dragons disapperance. Anyway a good chapter though it was too predictable that Eraza was going to be the "mystery" knight.

7. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Relax we will get to dragon stuff soon, the arcs don't last long. This is not Kubo we are dealing with.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2010
  8. Keiichi

Keiichi Prof Lurker

Well this chapter we meet the other Royal commanders and the King himself. Gotta say I'm liking this arc even more and the character designs (esp the Panther and King) are awesome.

9. garfield15

-Okay. After the [strike]Lucy-on-Lucy action[/strike] the comedy this week (lol, Doublucy) consider me a proponent of updating the thread Keiichi. I'm totally into this arc.

-A vehicle-loving Natsu? This is truly Bizarro world.

-Glad to see Virgo again.

"I can dance too."
    "GO HOME!"

10. Keiichi

Keiichi Prof Lurker

Well atleast SOMEONE else besides me is reading. You know I was actually expecting Bizzaro Natsu to be timid or more level headed but, nope we got a bad ass race car driver! Bravo Mashima!

11. garfield15

This chapter proves that Mashima can be an amazing storyteller when he wants to be.

Country of cats and that Happy and Charle were meant to kill their respective partners. I never thought I'd see an anime where the mascots played such a gigantic role.

Also, NaLu moment :D

12. silverwings

silverwings Ronin of Light

Finally caught up with the manga.

Gazelle wanting a cat = hilarity. :D

Though tying that in with the current arc, I do wonder why he doesn't/didn't have one. If they wanted the dragon slayers, they missed one.

And have they clarified the whole mistgun/gerald thing; it's been awhile.. :sweat:

13. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

He might at cat at the end of this arc. I do think he will make an appearance by the end of this arc.

14. Keiichi

Keiichi Prof Lurker

So Eraza and Gray show up to save the day and the king plots against the exceed?! I really hope Mashima has a good explination their apperance. I was hoping Gazelle would come along to save the day or atleast bizzaro fairy tail.

15. garfield15

^^Hey, you got your wish. Gazille is tearing it up there.

So...yeah....Edo-Erza has a Ten Commandments spear. We saw Explosion, Silfarion and Mel Force....I could say Mashima's being lazy but this is the kind of fanservice I like so I didn't care.

How much you wanna bet Edo-Erza breaks out Sacrifar as a last resort?

16. Keiichi

Keiichi Prof Lurker

I think the gang got their magic power back a little too easy. Mistgun just happens to make some pills that allows them to use their powers. It would have been interesting to see them learn to fight with out their powers. I guess Mashima wants to speed things up. Atleast Erza vs. Erza is'nt disapointing. I kinda hope Good Erza claims the spear as her own after she defeats B Erza.

17. Lelouch

Lelouch Fallen Prince

Bumping this for the new arc and the recent reveal. Fairy tail is easily one of my favorite series right now, it is just a whole lot of fun. The Edolas arc was a slight let down at the end, if only because Mystogan didn't really get a chance to shine, but that is alright. He is still alive so I am sure the possibility is always there.

Now, this arc shows a ton of promise right now, especially with the reveal of Zeref which I wasn't expecting AT ALL. Love that the dark guild is finally getting involved and we will be getting some awesome battles. Mest is certainly an interesting character, I wonder how powerful he really is. Overall, really excited to see how the rest of this turns out. I wonder if we are in the home stretch?

18. JDNobodi

JDNobodi Rocking Out!

I doubt this is manga going to end any time some. It is about half way though. I think a good indicator is Lucy getting all the Zodiac stellar spirits. It looks like she going to pick up another soon. It be interesting to see how she turn Capricorn over from that dark guild. Capricorn seems like he has no master like Leo was. Capricorn is there by his own choose.

19. silverwings

silverwings Ronin of Light

I'm enjoying fairy tail, don't get me wrong. But this series is no rave master.

I can't put my finger on it, but I think part of it is that there are SO many characters in FT its hard to build up any meaningful storyline. See the sudden (and apparrently random) pairing of Gazille and that girl who's name I don't know.

I'm interested in where this new plot with Zeref is going becuase I know Mashima can do some epic stuff. I'm just not seeing the character development and world building as well as what I saw in Rave.

20. JDNobodi

JDNobodi Rocking Out!

Yeah, there are too many characters. I think this is the first time Levi is sort of featured in a story arc. There are other other Fairy Tail members who have dropped off the map.