Fairy Tail Anime Talkback (Episodes 176 +)

Discussion in 'The Anime Forum' started by zoombie, Apr 4, 2014.

1. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Finally after a one year, Natsu, Lucy, Gray, Erza, Wendy, and the rest of the Fairy Tail gang are back on television. I am excited, I can't wait for tonights episode peremere as we continue the Grand Magic Games Arc as we head into the last day of the games, in which everything will be settled in a battle royal with Fairy Tail with a 1 point, Who will be victrious, will Fairy Tail come out on top, will Sabertooth retain its thrown, or could a darkhouse guild like Lamia Scale or Mermaid Heel come out on top, or even Quarto Cerbes, though I wouldn't bet on that.

Meanwhile what secrets does the Fliore royal family harbor that will effect the entire world, we find out all those questions as the Fairy Tail anime finally returns after a one year absence, looking better than ever.

Preview
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQJ34jAQKrI

Opening 15 (1)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thOJqPmtiW4

Ending 15 (1)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=470d_pi1F3w

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2014
  2. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Episode 176

Awesome episode, what a way to return.

First of all the opening was great. Top notch animation, beautiful animated, the song is catchy. It is more J pop oppose to the usual Fairy Tail openings which are usually more rock oritented. The ending was great, a lot of NatLu shippers are going to love it. This is the first ED to featured two characters, before this every ED focused on just one character or focused on the group. So this is the first one to feature Natsu and Lucy, it was a good song, and top notch animation. I love the keychains of Happy, Charles, and Lily, nice touch.

As for the episode, they added a extra secene at the beginning, to reintroduce use to the Fairy Tail guild, and give some of the voice actors who haven't worked on the show for a year some work.

Everything went smothy with the pacing, and the scene with the Jade Dragon, that looked great.

The Sabertooth is a jerk and got what he deserved, he is all bark and no bite I guess, and this Arcadus person, very specious, is a good guy or a bad guy? We get some clues on the mystery woman, she is not left handed and forced to write with her left hand. When this was going on with the manga, I knew who is was, and I was correct, that is all I am going to say.

Great to have Fairy Tail back, and I can't wait for next week.

3. GingaDaiuchuu

GingaDaiuchuu Active Member

Episode 1

Another series it's good to be back to, although this one was only gone for a year. Despite that, it's gone through much bigger changes, with a different secondary studio, different character designs, a general new look for the "packaging" of sorts (logo, OP, ED, eyecatches, preview, etc.), and probably a few other minor things.

And just like the first one had to leave us with those cliffhangers since we didn't know if or when we'd be getting more, this one makes sure to tease what's to come as hard as possible, with a good chunk of the episode, and the OP as well, showing a lot of what will happen in the future. Very exciting. I hope it doesn't take too long to get to.

For that matter, I wonder how long they can go before taking another break. I hope the pacing doesn't suffer too much.

4. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Sadism!!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAY, I'm so happy Fairy Tail is back despite it being one of my top favorite awesome comedy/action shows, the Grand Magic Games is one of my next favorite epic arcs with all the awesome fights.Both Mattan Ginger-chan-dechi, Kagura, Arania, Beth, Risley, Jenny, Chelia(Sherry's cute cousin), Hisui, Cosmos, Kamika, Flare, Yukino(looking like Lisanna, hehehe), and Minerva were my next favorite epic female characters:D.After enjoying seeing Ivan, Sting, and Rogue's satisfying just desserts from the awesomeness of Natsu, Gajeel, and Laxus, I'll so enjoy Jiemma/Minerva/Aquarius's satisfying just desserts next, at least Natsu gave Jiemma a well-deserved pounding, thank you Natsu, I do like Minerva for being an epic dirty cruel villainess/jerkette, but seeing her punishment from the awesome Erza will be epic, and I so despise Aquarius which I hope for my Lucy to kick her butt soon.I love Lector/Frosch who are great funny evil cats next to Meowth, Maomolin(Ranma 1/2), and Clawdia(Fighting Foodons).Ichiya finally seeing Nichiya was so funny which those two are Erza's weaknesses, hehehe:p, and Arcadios is a cool interesting new character.The Millianna/Kagura's hatred of Jellal part was great, poor Erza, I'll enjoy more of it.I'll enjoy more of Happy, Panther Lily, and Juvia's hilarious scenes, hehehe.The epic Jellal seeing the identity of the mystery woman is gonna be sweet continuing episode 176, cool.

Episode 176 was pretty sweet/interesting,

The highlights:
    The new Opening 15 Masayume Chasing was pretty awesome, that green-haired chick will be an important interesting new female character and a three-way Erza/Kagura/Minerva fight, epic.
    The new animation/character designs looks sweet.
    Both Mavis(looking like Chi from Chobits, sweet), Mirajane, and Wendy were my favorite epic female characters.
    Mavis/Makarov the best awesome likable Guild Masters better than piece of trash Jiemma.
    The typical comedy of Natsu vs. Gray, Lucy/Erza silliness, and Juvia lusting for Gray, always hilarious, hahahahahahahaha.
    Both Rufus/Orga are pretty cool powerful villain members of Sabretooth.
    Poor Lector dies, so not cool of Jiemma, Rest In Peace Lector, you'll be missed, first time a cat gets killed off in the show, wooooooow.
    I so dislike the horrible butthole Jiemma who needs a gruesome death:mad:!!!!!!
    I actually feel sorry for Sting & Rogue along with poor Frosch.
    Sting killing Jiemma in one shot through his chest was really awesome/satisfying, he so deserved it, I now respect Sting now.
    Minerva is now Sabretooth's new evil Guild Master, sweet.
    Zirconis the dragon spirit was cool/interesting.
    The history of dragons/Dragon Slayers and their magic along with Acnologia turning out to be a human Dragon Slayer becoming a dragon from Zeref was pretty interesting/shocking:eek:!!!!
    Nice to see Deliora who was a cool huge demon villain.
    Zeref and Acnologia will be awesome future final boss villains.
    Cool to see Arcadios and Yukino, so Yukino joins Arcadios, nice.
    Is Arcadios friend or foe, I'll find out further episodes.
    The new Ending 15 is pretty sweet which Hiro loves the Lucy/Natsu shipping, hehehe.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2014
  5. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

It is no secret the people that make the anime are NatLu supporters. Which is cool because Hiro Mashima is probably feels the same, so they are on the same page. And with in the series there have been hints. This is not like the Bleach anime with all IchiRuki ED, which was just dumb because didn't excist in the series.

6. Rocky1125

Rocky1125 New Member

So far, wayyyy better than the last anime.

Right off the bat, it seems like it's gonna be less childish. Not so many of the cutesy chibi'ness the last anime liked to overuse. You know the ones... like in the eyecatches and ending.

BGM seems to be completely new. That is to say I didn't notice any of the old BGM... not even the ol' FT theme.

Animation isn't anything special, but the art looks a lil' more detailed and more like the manga. Just better shading and what-not.

Viola! Natsu's fire actually looks like fire now! Glad they changed that.

I think I noticed some blood when Sting one-shotted the Sabertooth Master... which would be cool, as the original anime had no blood whatsoever (except for in the movie and various OVA's).

The beginning kinda flash-forwards a bit, but it goes to where the original anime left off once the opening plays.

So... not a bad return. Looks like they're trying to make it more mature and not as childish, although it's still very much FT. I will miss the original BGM, but we'll see where the new one takes us.

7. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Episode 177

A excellent episode, great to have Fairy Tail, things are starting to pick up as Fairy Tail as a war on two fronts.

I have to agree with the minister, time travel that is a stupid idea. Shouldn't focus on the past, but living for the future, which I think is the message of this arc, or at least it should be.

So Yukino had a sister, gee I wonder who she could be? Funny thing is when Yukino was introduced I half joked about her resembolence to another character and how they could be related. I was sort of joking and boom this revelation happened and I was floored my half joke might become canon.

Fairy Tail did a bait and switch much to Lyon's shock, and Erza looked great in that dress. She wins the fashion battle for this episode.

Next episode, Fairy Tail has a secret weapon, and they unleash it next episode.

8. GingaDaiuchuu

Episode 2

Back to the games. I think the commentary of Fairy Tail being back better than ever is quite appropriate.

But more importantly, time travel! Whoa, this will not go well...

9. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Episode 178

Okay we are onto the finale of the Grand Magical Games, meanwhile Natsu, Mira, Wendy, and the Exceeds are launching their own rescue attempt on Lucy.

Well I told you Fairy Tail had a secret weapon, the original master Mavis and her tactical brilliance. And all the footer are eliminated included all of Quarto Cerbes and Blue Pegasus, both guild were an embarrassment to their guild, well at least Blue Pegasus has some characters I care about because of their help in the Oracion Seis arc.

Meanwhile the Lucy rescue attempt hit a few bumps, I loved Happy suggestion, that would have been awesome. Though Mira's idea was smarter. Too bad they got caught and who knows what awaits them.

Grey gets his rematch with Rufus, while I do think he was just a swore loser last time, still Fairy Tail members don't lose tonight, so let's see if he can redem himself.

This episode went by fast, it was great, I can't wait for the next one.

10. GingaDaiuchuu

Episode 3

And now we're well into the games in their final stage, interspersed with the rescue operation. I really like the idea of this game, especially for a finale. It allows a lot to change but doesn't guarantee anything until each team plays out its own plan. I love Mavis just hanging out there, unloading all the intricacies of the tactics involved.

11. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Episode 179

What an episode, this episode just adapted one chapter and got streched into an whole episode. So we get some filler with Natsu's group, but fun filler, I like how they mentioned it was a waste of time, kind of acknowledge it's filler.

Anyway Gray vs Rufus, I thought it was a great battle. I don't understand is so bitter about losing to him last time, but whatever. He got his redemption, and when Gray stripped, I was waiting to seeing Juvia's reaction weather she would go back on her promese to herself and take a peak at the battle.

It was a little corny that they made a big fuzz about the heart and friendship, but that's Fairy Tail, that is their MO, than and fan service.

Next episode, we meet some new characters who could cause problems for Natsu and the gang.

12. GingaDaiuchuu

Episode 4

Unlimited Ice Works!

Ah yeah, that's a good old-fashioned Fairy Tail battle we've got there. Mavis's commentary was very amusing as usual.

13. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Sadism!!!!!

Episode 179 was pretty awesome/funny,

The highlights:

Hisui is a pretty great interesting hot princess character.
    Gray vs. Rufus round 2 begins, sweet.
    Mavis's commentary is so entertaining/sweet, hehehe, Mavis rocks.
    Rufus is pretty awesome and his Memory-Make powers are pretty cool/strong.
    Happy scaring Lucy wearing a skull, hahahahahahaha.
    Happy's plan luring the guards involving Lucy/Mirajane was funny, hahahahahaha:p.
    Yukino questioning Fairy Tail's silly antics, hahahahahaha.
    Lucy/Mirajane showing super hotness.
    Yukino showing a smile, that's nice.
    Cool to see Ul in Gray's backstory flashback which she was an awesome female character/mother:anime:, she'll be missed.
    Juvia's reaction to shirtless Gray, she's always lusting for that, hahahahahahaha:p:D.
    Gray crushing Rufus with Ice-Make: Ice Bringer(epic finishing attack) was awesome, go Gray, and I'll so enjoy Erza vs. Minerva pretty soon though.
    That was a truely amazing fight after Natsu/Gajeel vs. Sting/Rogue.

Next episode preview: Both Lucy/Natsu/Happy/Mirajane/Wendy/Carla/Panther Lily/Yukino vs. some cool new strong knight characters, sweet.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2014
  14. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Episode 180

Okay we are back to adapting two chapters. We are the end of volume 36. So we find Arcadeus in the underground prison, and Mira said Yukino looked like Lisanna, I like the manga author does acknowledge some characters look a like, yeck they did a Rave Master crossover OVA based on that concept. Well the Stratus siblings backstory did come up in the recent chapters, I am thinking is is possible Yukino is the Stratus siblings cousin. That could be possible.

So we meet the Executions, they looked to be threaten in the beginning, will they live up to the hype we will see, there job is to kill, they are very much like a assasagnation guild, only they work for the kingdom, but they are not that different from groups like Trinity Raven, though they kill in the name of justice, they only kill criminals, Trinity Raven don't care, they will kill anybody for a price.

I love the little extra NatLu moments they added, it was hillarous.

Anyway great for the anime to back, can't wait for next week.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2014
  15. GingaDaiuchuu

Episode 5

Okay yeah, I've been thinking Yukino looks like Lisanna more and more the more she's around, so I'm glad to see Lisanna's own sister at least acknowledge it. With her gratitude for Natsu looking to be turning into some stronger feelings and his relationship with Lisanna, that could be interesting, although obviously there would never be anything more than a brief moment if at all. At any rate, she seems a pretty likely candidate to join Fairy Tail. Characters in her position rarely end up not joining Fairy Tail unless they have the kind of history of Jellal or Ultear.

I love seeing Jiemma's philosophy used against him. Of course he deserves far worse, but there's still plenty of opportunity for that in the future. For now, just seeing him look so pathetic is beautiful.

16. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Episode 181

Well the pace has slowed down, this episode adapted part of chapter 308 and chapter 309. We had some on filler or anime add on as I like to call it, which I don't mind. I thought the add on scene with Asuka talking to Mavis was funny and adorable. Any scene with Asuka is always welcome.

Now we continue our fights with the Excutioners, that bald dude that Lucy's group is fighting is weird, I don't think has all screws, and the pink haired girl well Wendy is still a kid so back off you female creeper, you are no better than Doranbolt and Wareen.

So Arcadeus is sacrificing his life for Lucy and Yukino, well the princess won't be happy about that for some reason, what a noble sacrifice, nothing can take away from that noble sacrafice.

Next week, Lucy and Yukino some how get their keys and Loke is back, time for celestial wizzards to show what they can do.

17. GingaDaiuchuu

Episode 6

Arcadios can be quite the badass. And it looks like an old friend will be returning to help Lucy out. A couple of them, actually, although one will be a bit more help than the other.

And the cat freakout was pretty damn hilarious.

18. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Episode 182

Okay the Executionor fights are still going on with no end in sight. Man they are streching this out. Just one chapter. Extending the fights does make the enemy look more of a threat than they originally was.

Loke is back, and Arcadeus is not dead, now Lucy and Yukino have their keys ready to fight, and Yukino reaction to getting her keys back, it is nice that someone besides Lucy loves their spirits as much as she does. And if her sister is who I think it is, well I guess somethings don't run in the family.

I know when we saw a fish spirit Happy was going to lose it. When the human son form ot Pisces called Yukino mama and she said "don't call me mama", I expect to say it in a more animated comedic tone, not at all like I thought it would be reading it.

We got zero of the games, and looks like next episode more of the same. Well these fights should wrap up next episode. Tell than.

19. GingaDaiuchuu

Episode 7

Very epic Arcadios material at the beginning, although since nobody can die in Fairy Tail, it ends up a little anticlimactic. With the hints we've gotten, though, he's likely to be used for interesting things in the future.

20. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Episode 183

Well we finally conclude the battle with the Executioners, well it more interesting here than in the manga. I loved Natsu speech at the end, how others should be afraid to make Fairy Tail their enemy.

We got some extended flachbacks with Mira and Pantherlily. Nice to see more of Gajeel and Pantherlily's relationship.

The knights are defeated, and we won't see Natsu and company for a while. Next week back to the tournament. I can't wait till next week.