Fairy Tail anime is coming back

Discussion in 'The Anime Forum' started by zoombie, Jul 11, 2013.

1. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Fairy Tail TV Anime Project Relaunched - News - Anime News Network

Yes Fairy Tail is coming back. No relaunch date yet. I do think they need to give it some time. Maybe April or even next October to buy some time for material. Though they can insert filler between chapter 340 and 341. Whatever new But filler so soon? I am excited, I hope CR simocast it again. But let's not the same mistakes we made before but rushing through the early arcs.

2. Funkatron

Funkatron Active Member

How much of a gap was their between the anime and the manga when the anime ended?

3. Sarada

Sarada Active Member

If Fairy Tail can come back things are lookin' up for Bleach. Of course, Bleach is only sixty-five chapters ahead of where episode #366 left off, so I suppose we should call back in another two years. :sweat:

EDIT: I think Fairy Tail ended as chapter #325 came out.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2013
  4. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon!

That's cool for Fairy Tail fans, but I was hoping that we'd get a sequel to Bleach and/or Hitman Reborn first...

5. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

The anime covered up to chapter 297, and the manga is currently on chapter 343. So that's a gap of 46 chapters.

They'd do best to wait another year...

6. Radiant

Radiant Foreverrrrr!

How about one for all three?

You know, none of the three are among my top favorite titles, but it's also for that reason that I'm not inclined to pick them up by manga (too much money), so really getting them by anime is the way I'll get to finish them. (although Bleach is an exception as VIZ's WSJA - which I have been subscribed to since the beginning - happened to pick up when the manga was at a point before where the anime ended. But that's aside from the point and obviously doesn't apply to the other two).

7. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

Yeah I'd rather Hitman Reborn and D.Gray-Man get continuations but hey good news for Fairy Tail fans.

8. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

I want to see a Bleach anime too. But I rather wait the whole series is done and adapt the final arc correctly. This arc will take a few years. Fairy Tail arcs normally aren't that long. I don't think Hiro wants to do anymore long arcs till the final arc with Zeref and Acnologia.

9. Gold Guy

Ooh, I almost forgot D.Gray-Man. That one also needs a sequel (the ending to the anime wasn't very conclusive). The manga is currently on hiatus again, though.

10. SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX Active Member

In the case of D.Gray-Man, I'd prefer not. The manga became terrible soon after the point where the anime ended, and due to hiatuses, there is little material to adapt anyway.

In any case, I'm glad to see Fairy Tail coming back.

11. Gold Guy

I agree that the manga got pretty bad after where the anime stops, but recently it got better again. And I think there would be enough for at least a 26 episode season (although the ending probably wouldn't feel like an ending, although since when has that ever stopped Shonen shows from ending early?)

12. Sarada

Sarada Active Member

I suspect Fairy Tail will only be back long enough to finish whatever arc it is currently in then returning to hiatus. I actually checked out my first chapter of the series recently (#342, I think?) and it was essentially ten pages of naked ladies. Mashima should do that more often.

That will probably in ten years time if Kubo had his way. :p I suspect at the earliest more Bleach will happen is at the tail end of this year and only for twenty-six episodes covering chapters #480-515. If not I wouldn't expect it back until 2016.

13. GingaDaiuchuu

GingaDaiuchuu Active Member

That didn't take long. Considering that, I assume it won't take long for the next hiatus, either. That's fine I suppose.

14. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Sadism!!!!!

YAAAAAAAY, I'm glad Fairy Tail returns as much it's one of my top favorite epic enjoyable animes, and I can't wait for Bleach to return as well.

Seeing more of Happy/Panther Lily/Juvia's hilarious antics will be always fun.After that cliffhanger, I'll see who the mysterious chick is.I'll definetly enjoy seeing Jiemma/Minerva of Sabretooth get slaughtered/takened down a peg after Ivan/Sting/Rogue's awesome defeats(mostly Ivan/Sting deserved it which was satisfying, hehehe).Arcadios is a great interesting new character, seeing more of his scheming will be interesting.Erza vs. Kagura is gonna be awesome along with poor Erza saving Millianna/Kagura's revenge streak on Jellal.The Grand Magic Games arc is one of my next favorite epic arcs I've enjoyed though.Welcome back Fairy Tail!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2013
  15. mumbo

mumbo Look skyward

Good for Fairy Tail, a little early back though. We pretty much knew this was coming from that tweet though.

If it takes ten years (with the editors inevitably giving Kubo a swift kick in the pants I'd guess more like five-six) so be it, I just really, really think they shouldn't pick the Bleach anime back up until the manga is done or just about done.

The Arrancar arc was so broken up and fragmented it was ridiculous. I really hope they just adapt the whole thing in one go rather than a little bit here, then a long hiatus, then a little bit here, etc.

16. VladDraculi

VladDraculi New Member

The fact that Fairy Tale is taking breaks for manga material to come out is awesome. THis is what EVERY manga based series should be doing so we don't get stuff with god awful fillers.

17. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

Ideally they would take breaks but apparently giving up your slot on Japanese television is a greater concern to the anime producers than using money and resources on original stories and padding a manga adaptation.

18. Sarada

Sarada Active Member

A common misconception in the western fandom is that money for these shows simply stockpiles. It does not. The production committee partners come together and plan months ahead of time their various projects and how they plan to promote them. Money is only accumulated if there is a product to sell. In the case of Fairy Tail the production committee is made up of Kodansha (comic owner), A-1 Productions and Satelight (Animation Production), the home video publisher, and the goods and video game publishers. These parties are only going to form a budget for the cartoon series if it is going to be on the air. To use an example from elsewhere, this is why Studio Pierrot didn't simply spend the budget for Naruto Shippuuden episodes #290-295 (an original story arc that had a movie-level budget) on episodes that adapted from the comic, the budget existed solely for selling those episodes.

The Fairy Tail production committee doesn't seem too upset with the series' performance so the break was mostly done to buy the comic time to get ahead.