Fairly OddParents Week of Premieres 7/28-8/1

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by drag908, Jul 29, 2014.

1. drag908

drag908 New Member

Didn't see a topic for this yet, so I figured I'd make one. Episodes air 3pm every day except Thursday.

7/28: Dog Gone / Turner Back Time
    -After Dad rejects his offer to buy Sparky, Dad's boss makes his job miserable; Timmy wishes that his ancestors had different careers.

7/29: Weirdos on a Train / Tons of Timmys
    -After making a deal with Dad, Crocker becomes best friends with Dinkleberg; Timmy wishes for 5,000 Timmys for the Planet of the Dads.

7/30: Lame Ducks / Perfect Nightmare
    -
    Dad starts a neighborhood watch program; Timmy tries to win a contest by wishing that he had the perfect family.

8/1: Fairly Odd Fairy Tales
    -When Poof has trouble falling asleep, Wanda tries to help by reading him a book of classic fairy tales.

2. Lord Beckett

Lord Beckett Skepticals.

The two pairs of episodes that have aired so far have once again been utter duds.

But hey, at least we got the long awaited return of...... that random truancy officer dude.

Sigh... Gravity Falls season 2 couldn't start any sooner.

3. CowBobRanchPants

CowBobRanchPants New Member

Shallowgrave's appearance was worth going through both episodes.

4. drag908

drag908 New Member

Okay, seriously, how many times must Crocker be forced into an episode? It's not funny anymore. I'm ready for this show to be grounded again.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  5. The ShopSoldier

The ShopSoldier Wandering about in both ANGER & DISGRACE

Who Dares To Attmept a Rescue From My Lair?
    Heck yeah, it cant. Seriously, We should go talk about it some time - after all, that promo has me psyched indefinitely, if not just you.

6. Lord Beckett

Lord Beckett Skepticals.

I didn't bother to watch today's episodes. I'm not going to bother with Friday's episode, nor the Fairly Odd Summer movie. Dropping this show completely, might even change my avatar again because though I like that design I think I want to forget all association I once had with this show. This cartoon got ruined worse than any cartoon from my childhood I can name, even Ren and Stimpy Adult Party was a work of art compared to this season. Should've done this sooner actually, but I was holding out in hope of seeing characters I liked (most of which did not appear or speak or got ruined by unnecessary plot changes). The smart ones dropped this show at Poof.

I'll be courteous and at least wait until the live action movie's ratings come out before I shovel dirt on the grave/smoldering crater that is Hartman's career.

The trailers for Gravity Falls season 2 from what I've heard are just for the first three episodes. I saw a higher variety of incidental characters and fan favorites being used in the brief minutes those trailers gave me than I saw in all of Fairly OddParents season 9.

7. alfa9delta

alfa9delta Hey, Where's Perry ?

I'm also psyched about Gravity Falls season 2 premiere. Can't wait!
    About FOP, didn't watch none of the episodes this week either, but I'll be watching the new movie

8. The ShopSoldier

Noted for victory - glad we agree! Though you should drop this show sooner, at this point, IMHO.

That's why this show is so popular right now, my dear friend, if I'm allowed to say that to you (I don't know you all that well... Just that I feel your pain, or have, considering I dropped this show a much longer time ago...).

9. Rhaynebow

Rhaynebow Active Member

The minute I saw the title card for Lame Ducks, I groaned. And at this point, why do we even consider Sparky to be a fairy? On one hand, he's just Timmy's dog and everyone talks to him with the annoying gag being that he can talk. His Dad even acknowledges on multiple occasions that he's their pet. And on the other hand, he's a magical creature that can grant wishes like some ace in the hole. Like Poof, he appears and reappears at random; appearing when Timmy loses his fairies for the umpteenth time as basically a fairy with fur, and disappearing when Cosmo and Wanda get taken despite having a whole another HALF of magical creatures in his arsenal, but the writers just said screw it and didn't have them appear.

At this point, I'm surprised no one has noted how greedy Timmy is having FOUR fairies where if he loses three, he still has a magic dog which could essentially just BE A FAIRY. It'd make sense if Sparky had limited magic, but again, there aren't any established rules for magic pets...

And oh the irony that the head gags have been limited to mostly Sparky and a toilet...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  10. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Feel Happy!

I haven't watch FOP in a long time, but based on the reviews here for the S9 episodes has been pretty bad, I hope this show will finally be put to rest after this season. Forced jokes, same characters, confused plots...no wonder why this show is getting some hate lately.

11. The ShopSoldier

[MENTION=47040]Cartoon Ruler[/MENTION] - It was like this long before S9. LONG BEFORE THEN.

As for why I'm commenting, even though I don't care and haven't watched a single episode since I don't know when (and I'm all the more happier and saner for it!) - I just like watching the world burn when it comes to seeing a bad show fail, personally.

12. Lord Beckett

Lord Beckett Skepticals.

In other news, the new Nick.com website is up.

They've updated the FOP section slightly. There is a new clip of the FOS movie, yay for Drake Bell's cringeworthy "acting"! But what caught my eye is the character profile sections. These seem somewhat outdated. Poof and Sparky aren't even there... but no-show characters like Vicky, AJ, and Chester are. Also, AJ's profile mentions that he likes Trixie Tang, which feels a little out of left field. Actually, they would've been better than together than her and Timmy, so it seems natural that a plot deepening idea like that is restricted to some website designer's fantasies or misinformation. The rest of the profiles are vague accurate, about as you can be for a show that completely changes details and aspects of these characters every episode.

Crocker and Timmy's Dad don't even have profiles. Lol.

13. Cartoon Ruler

Maybe Nick started to hate those two because they've been overused in the show a lot over the past two seasons, not letting other characters have more development (Vicky, Trixie, AJ, The Crimson Chin, Veronica, Norm the Genie, Chester, Tootie, the Anti-Fairies and Francis care to explain). Nick should feel right about this.

14. The ShopSoldier

Good. They should be ashamed of themselves for not firing that hack Hartman sooner and letting things get this bad for having dollar signs in their eyes, instead of using their brains and hiring actual talent to make better, more progressive cartoons for kids (and not just kids) to enjoy, period.

They brought this failure upon themselves.

15. Lord Beckett

Lord Beckett Skepticals.

I wouldn't say so. AJ and Chester were on the previous website after all... didn't change a thing and they appeared, what, three times this season, and maybe had a grand total of 5 spoken lines?

While it is a MAJOR problem that the only characters that get episodes now are Crocker, Dad, Cosmo, Sparky, or Poof's playschool, lets not forget that at least a few of those mentioned characters (Mainly Trixie, the Anti-Fairies, and The Crimson Chin) have had a few episodes fairly recently (at least, seasons 7 and 8) and they were hardly any better. Vicky's two major episodes this season were stinkers, and even Grey Delisle sounded like she didn't want to be there. The "Timmy pines for Trixie and fails" episodes are just as bad and overused as the Crocker ones and its absence this season is one of the few saving graces, yet that doesn't meant Trixie should've been written out of the show like that. Chester and AJ, while good characters, are not exactly gripping on their own and especially with the voice changes to them their characters have become sideshows who are more often than not unfunny, unreliable, and bothersome. Tootie's early episodes were good in that they typically reinforced Timmy's moral character by doing something nice for her, but her latter ones are Meg Griffin levels of insulting at worst, and at best once again Grey Delisle isn't trying and just screaming "I love you Timmy!". Anti-Fairies last major episode was decent, but they are just as limited as everyone else in their utilization and its because of the writing of the show, not the characters.

The point is, don't be like Butch Hartman and think for one second that just tossing in a fan favorite into an episode automatically makes it worth watching and fans will forgive everything, it won't, especially with that moron Kevin Sullivan writing these episodes. The problem is that none of these characters even have any chemistry together, they only have chemistry in regards to how they react to the presence of Timmy or his fairies stimuli and nothing else. They could've started Season 9 off with a clean slate, they already mostly did canon-wise after all, and tried to build dynamic relationships between the incidental characters themselves rather than just between them and Timmy (which gets reneged after the episode anyway), see how cartoons like Gravity Falls or Phineas and Ferb do it, and from there they could've wrapped this show up with a finale that would've made fans of ALL the characters feel happy, not just Crocker or Cosmo fans while fans of everyone else have to PRAY their character even appears.

16. Cartoon Ruler

TBH, even though I don't watch The Fairly OddParents, it would be great if the series ended on a 1 hour special with all the recurring characters appearing (characters like AJ, Chester, The Crimson Chin, Trixie, Norm the Genie, Catman/Adam West, etc.), sort of like a reunion special. Add some drama here and there and it'll be decent, instead of ending the series in a cheap cutaway or some Hartman silliness (*cough*T.U.F.F. Puppy*cough*). FOP has been running for 13 years and deserves to end on a bang (unless it gets renewed for an 11th season and GOD I hope not).

Also if Sparky isn't in the upcoming movie, then how the heck did he disappeared! Why must Hartman add more confusion?

17. Lord Beckett

Lord Beckett Skepticals.

Well looks like all the FOP talk died quick. That's weird, this is the only board I know of where talk of the new episodes is guaranteed to generate some posts.

Oh, right, the episodes all stinking might have had something to do with it..

I didn't watch most of the week as I said earlier, but I did decide to go back and watch Fairy Tales. I can give them some thumbs up for at least trying to use more than the same five characters over and over again, but between the toilet humor and Cosmo's indecipherable screamtalking, they were more of the same and Poof being able to talk was a mere afterthought.

Likewise, didn't bother with the FOP live action movie, but from what I see on twitter and elsewhere, the natives are getting restless. Anyone care to fill me in what happened?

18. alfa9delta

do you want spoilers? I know you care for Timmy/Tootie, and the Channel Chasers ending, so I guess you're gonna get pretty mad on how it ended

19. Lord Beckett

Lord Beckett Skepticals.

Too late, I saw it.

Actually, I wasn't mad. Very confused, and very annoyed by other things, yes.

Timmy getting killed right in front of Tootie and his fairies should've produced more of a reaction than them just moping around silently and then shuffling toward the exit. What the heck was THAT? Worst acting I've ever seen. Tootie and Wanda at least should've been in hysterics.

Then he gets revived as a fairy, voiced by Tara Strong and in his iconic ten year old appearance again. You know what I felt? Relief actually, that I wouldn't have to see any more of Drake Bells awful acting. Tara Strong was like music to my ears even in her increasingly earsplitting Timmy Turner voice.

Fairy 10yr old Timmy being assigned to Tootie, it's actually kind of cute, but weird at the same time. How is this relationship supposed to work? Let's have a seat right over there, Mr. Hartman...

As a mostly pro-Tootie supporter, I've always said that before anything she should be given a fairy, and then end up with Timmy... so I got a two for one deal. A monkey's paw sort of wish. I can't help do anything but laugh, bravo Butch Hartman you've actually managed to be funny once this season.

I guess the Gravity Falls season 2 opener left me in a much better mood to deal with Hartman's crap. Hurry up and air those last three episodes, Nickelodeon, I want to forget this cartoon ever existed.

20. alfa9delta

I still don't know how to feel about it. It was so weird!I was a supporter of the live-action movies, not because they were great, but I enjoyed the first two much more than the last few cartoon seasons. However this third movie, not only it is considerably less funny than the previous, but that ending...my God, that was so messed up! We've been saying that Timmy should lose his fairies and get together with Tootie, it's like Hartman was like "is that what you want? Here ya go! I bet you didn't see that coming!". The worse of all is that I grew up with these characters, I always imagined what would be like for Timmy to finally lose his fairies, and then it happens in a way I couldn't even get emotional, I was just like "what the heck is happening?" the whole scene.But excluding the ending, overall I was expecting more of this movie. I knew it wasn't going to be nothing spectacular, but I did found the Christmas movie pretty funny and enjoyable, and this one was most of the time just stupid. And they decided to use so much the CGI, adding Foop, scenes in Fairy World and stuff, that they ended up looking REALLY cheap. Seriously, there were an improve of the CGI blending in the 2nd film compared to the 1st, but their greediness in this movie made it look even worse than the 1st