1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Fairly Odd Parents, Season 10 - News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Toonatic, May 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

You are not alone, I adore Chloe. She is a new character that succeeds in giving a show a breath of fresh air, and give a whole new approach to the stories.

I mean Poof and the dog character, it will still the formula, but just additional characters to mug things up, with Chloe they had to do a whole new formula.

Dare I say it, I think she and Timmy would make a good couple, who would have thought all those years of the Tootie and Trixie shipping wars, that someone new would show up and beat them all. They have a gender reversed Starco vibe to them. And we all know how I feel about Starco, well if you don't I love it. I think Chloe is way better match for Timmy than the stoker and the snobby girl.

2. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

Honestly, to me Chloe isn't really the problem (granted, she didn't leave a good first impression, but she grew on me over time). It's the writing and execution that hurts.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

Also Chloe is a self aware Mary Sue, I mean the writers make her a Mary Sue on purpose and plays off as part of her character, which is kind of funny, and slowly opening up more flawed sides.

4. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

Exactly. Unfortunately her debut episode didn't make this clear enough. The concept of her character is pretty good, it's just that the writing is so backwards in its priorities.

5. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

She isn't a mary-sue, if she was, she wouldn't be needing fairies in the first place. She's a goody-two-shoes she wants to follow in her parents foot-steps and help others but has trouble doing it.

6. Lord Beckett

Lord Beckett Cute and Mean

No... We don't really need to throw every single girl that appears on this show into Timmy's arms. It honestly gets boring. Besides, a lot of fans from the beginning of S10 have been wondering why Tootie wasn't used in Chloe's place anyway. You can't just take the same character, remove all her physical and personality flaws, and ship them, that is fanfiction levels of bad, so about the only thing the show did right this season was shy away from any overt romance between them.

It's bad for Chloe that she will essentially be remembered as the character that killed the show, but in reality, the problems go back much further beyond her inception.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ShadowBeast

I think Sparky is the one who has the "killed the show" title. but yeah Chloe pretty much just showed up too late.

8. TooOldForThis

TooOldForThis New Member

I think they deserve an absolute final send off season, with a real good finale that can provide everyone with a happy ending. They should try to keep it as a semi-serialized plot for the whole season. I just don't want them to drop Chloe all of a sudden just because some old fans (who probably stopped watching a long time ago) come back to complain that it isn't how it use to be.
    I don't know, maybe it's time for me to grow up as well. Butch has given me plenty of happy memories growing up, he deserves one more for all that he's done for my childhood.
    ~Cheers

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. CNFan996

CNFan996 Banned

There is no plot in this season, plus the last episode produced (Schmancy Fany) already aired a week ago.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ShadowBeast

What do you mean "mo plot"? The show never really had a continuous major plot like you would get with action shows. FOP is a comedy.

11. Neo Yi

Neo Yi The Apparition
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.