1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fairly Odd Parents, Season 10 - News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Toonatic, May 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

Second segment is Crockin' in the House.

2. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

With Married to the Mom airing first, I thought Nickelodeon was messing with us again. But I was surprised that the new episode was aired.
    Not a bad episode. Crocker no longer praising Chloe feels like the first season version which hated all his students.
    Next week Nickelodeon is airing what is suppose to be FOP's season 10 finale with about 18 other episodes still left.

3. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

See? Thefutoncritic never lies. But suspicious why tvguide and nick.com lied about the episodes..

4. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

Not the first that Nick would do that, though this practice is really dumb, all things considered they're probably just trying to air these episodes without caring for order.

5. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

What the hell did they do to Poof? I have no words for it.

I say this though, they are developing Foop a bit, that is a bright side, and did Vicky do a Joker parody, dam writers you know this show is for little kids. Though I am curious who was Vicky's date, Dark Lazier?

6. Action!

Action! Active Member

How come we get to see Foop and not Poof?

7. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

We did see Poof.

8. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

Too bad he now has words to say.

9. ShadowBeast

Not really, Foop is suppose to be Poof's anti, so he's suppose to be evil. Hartman has pretty much turned Foop into Stewie from Family Guy.

10. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

I looked up a bit of info on the new directors, Keith Oliver and George Elliot, and they've worked mainly on Canadian cartoons like Total Drama & Grojband. Given that the show is now using cheap flash animation, and Canadian cartoons are cheaper to produce than American ones, I would've assumed Butch hired them in order to cut more corners on costs. The fact that they're working with him on Bunsen Is A Beast, which I think looks like a Canadian cartoon from an aesthetic standpoint, only adds to that idea.

11. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

In Certifiable Super Sitter, Poof returns home from school on his spring break. This is his only season 10 appearance. It is learned that Poof is in school so we never get to see him on screen except Certifiable Super Sitter. Real reason for Poof's absence is to prevent too many main characters in each episode. Not just Poof, but Sparky as well.

12. ShadowBeast

Actually Sparky was removed because of bad reception. This was supposedly confirmed by Sparky's voice-actor.

13. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

oh that's right

14. ShadowBeast

One of the few times the creator actually listened to the fans............Nickelodeon must've made him do it.

15. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Tonight's FOP is on. Fancy Schmansy is the last episode production of season 10

16. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

Weird Owl, and never really talks. So they mention him, but no Weird Al voice over.

These two episodes shows a dynamic between Timmy and Chloe's parents, it seemed familiar but where have I seen it before, probably many places with parents of two characters that get along has happened before, but one that comes to mind is the Fentons and Mansons, so Butch is going to an old trope of his.

#1156 zoombie, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  17. ShadowBeast

Fancy Schmancy was actually a great episode. Timmy wasn't a jerk and was actually friendly towards Chloe instead of being mad about sharing his fairies with her. The parents were jerks, but they were always neglectful. Shame they couldn't get Weird Al to play as Weird Owl.

I just realized if Timmy and Chloe have been friends for a year, wouldn't it also be Chloe's Fairy-anniversary since she would have had her fairies just as long? Unless their Friendiversary is taken place after certain amount of months instead of being a whole year.

Spring Break-Up was good, though where did the Turners get so much money to afford such an RV? I was expecting Timmy and Chloe to be hallucinating about the chocolate river and cookie trees somehow. Chloe seems to have gotten her crazies from her mother. What were those rhyming creatures called?

• Like Like x 1
    #1157 ShadowBeast, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  18. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Like Waffles

If "Fancy Schmancy" is the last FOP episode to be produced (and the unofficial series finale), then at least the show will end on a good note (production-wise).

19. Lord Beckett

Lord Beckett Cute and Mean

Not really... the series ends on a Dad episode with the penultimate joke being Crocker getting hurt and screaming for his mother... who didn't see that coming? Also, ripping on Weird Al when this show has no room to talk about "jumping the shark"! What an embarrassment! I think I predicted this was more or less how the series would end a few years ago, a pointless episode with a skeleton crew sized cast. Who cares if Timmy and Chloe are best friends? What happened to all of Timmy's real friends throughout the years?

I also watched Certifiable Super Sitter, just so much wrong with that episode, Vicky is a caricature of herself. Poof's random movie/celebrity quotes were just cringe. Seems like they pooled all the forgotten characters together for one big appearance and even then they still couldn't resist having Timmy's Dad and Crocker intrude on the episode.

This show died a slow, unimaginably agonizing death, cold and alone on Nicktoons. Sad.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. ShadowBeast

It's more of a "parents" episode since it involved both Timmy's and Chloe's parents. And how did Crocker get hurt? Did he fall out of bed? Him screaming for his mother made me think that his mother has pulled the "nail his bed to the ceiling" prank before Timmy did.

I don't think they were ripping off Weird Al or saying that he jumped the shark. The Weird Owl was just a parody which this show and other shows have done before. And the character wasn't shown in a negative way, just Cosmo complaining about him.
    Even though Hartman should've brought back Timmy's other friends this season, Timmy and Chloe becoming friends is a sign of character development, something the show has been lacking for quite a while.

I agree this episode was very bad.

And let's not forget Foop being shoved into the episode as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.