1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Failed Cartoon Shows: The Lame, The Dumb and the Forgettable

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Dr. Kosher, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tobias

Tobias Who you gonna call?

Jungle Cubs ran on ABC for one (or was it two?) seasons on ABC sometime before the 'One Saturday Morning' block came into being. I don't think it lasted too long, but Toon Disney (or was Disney Channel itself) gave it a nice run.

2. Sailor V

Sailor V Defender Of Justice

Silverstar, you're right that Stickin' Around only aired on Fox Kids for one season with pointless random edits here and there. But, Stickin' Around actually had three seasons and 39 episodes. It aired on YTV and had VHS releases in Canada; I know because I have the first season on VHS. If Stickin' Around aired uncut on a different channel, it wouldn't have been forgotten by other people.

3. ShadowBlinky

ShadowBlinky Never A Good Bot

Speaking of Tex Avery, what did anyone think of "Kwicky Koala"? It only lasted one season, but I thought it was good for the better part (especially the first episode that starred Kwicky himself).

#323 ShadowBlinky, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2009
  4. Bakertoons

Bakertoons One Sly Princess
    Staff Member Moderator

Needless to say, it was an unfortunate closing to a career of an otherwise greatest cartoon director ever lived.

5. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

Ah. That explains why I saw some Stickin' Around shorts on Fox Family that I never saw on Fox Kids. Although I do remember the pointless edits made to the shorts. What was with that, anyway? It was like they edited the show with a Cuisinart.

6. Cobblepot1982

Cobblepot1982 Member

Cubix: Robots for Everyone.

The toys looked lame beyond anything, but I tried watching the show; couldn't sit thru more than a minute of it. Just...pain.

Then they tried to revive it, and it failed again.

Wait...this thing actually lasted two seasons? Omigod...

7. 80's guy

80's guy Member

Cubix was not revive, it had re aired on Foxbox on 2003. I don't recall it being a failure. I actual liked the show, the second season.

I'm suprise that no one had metion Game Over , this was a real failure, Low ratings, only lasted six episodes. It was a good idea to had a videogame type sitcoms though.

#327 80's guy, Oct 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2009
  8. Zen Man

Zen Man Active Member

Wait a minute, didn't The Incredible Crash Dummies have a cartoon?

9. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

There was a half-hour CGI special that aired once on Fox Kids and would've served as the pilot for a series, but an actual Crash Dummies series was never made. However, years later on the Fox Box, there was a series of 2-minute Flash-animated Crash Dummies fillers which aired between shows. These bumpers were done by Animation Collective, the team responsible for Kappa Mikey, Speed Racer: The Next Generation and others.

10. Michael JJ

Michael JJ Remember to Stay Positive!

I remember, as a kid, seeing a Hanna-Barbara cartoon about a kid that used a magic ring to transform into The Thing (you know, from the Fantastic Four?). As far as I know, it only lasted one season.

11. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

That was H-B's Fred and Barney Meet the Thing (NBC, 1979), a Saturday morning cartoon that was paired with episodes from the previous season's All New Fred and Barney Show. The "kid" was actually Ben Grimm, who, during an experiment to turn himself human again, was changed into a gangly teenager called "Benji Grimm". At least in this form, he could change back and forth from his human (albeit, scrawny teenager) form at will by connecting the 2 halves of his ring together and saying "Thing Ring, do your thing!" Despite the shows' title, the Thing only interacted with Fred and Barney during the wraparounds between cartoons, where the characters would tell bad jokes to each other.

Also, the series did have 2nd season of sorts. The following season, episodes of H-B's The New Shmoo were added to the series, which was then re-titled Fred and Barney Meet the Shmoo. The Thing segments were still part of the show, although his name was no longer in the title.

12. Mynd Hed

Mynd Hed Holy blue on a popo!

This thread is being closed along with several others along the same lines. It's fine to have the occasional thread to rag on things that you don't like, but lately we've had far too many of them across almost all of the Toon Zone forums. I'd like us to try to focus on more positive discussion for a while. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.