1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Extraordinary X-Men (2015 Ongoing)" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Comics and Collectibles' started by James Harvey, Nov 4, 2015.

?

Rate and Comment on this Marvel Comics titles!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

It's the beginning of the end for the X-Men in this All-New, All-Different Marvel series!

EXTRAORDINARY X-MEN #1

[​IMG]

WRITER: JEFF LEMIRE
    ARTIST: HUMBERTO RAMOS

The fate of mutantkind is decided here! Staring down the threat of extinction once more, veteran X-Man Storm pulls together the team she’ll need to ensure her race’s survival. Together, these extraordinary X-Men will struggle with the familiar burden of being hated and feared, while facing threats the likes of which they’ve never seen. Here’s hoping they survive the experience!

Discuss this comic series!

2. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

Much like the new volume of Amazing Spider-Man I wanted to try out the new main X-Men book and nothing really wowed me here. It seems like the same thing. X-Men pushed to the edge of extinction yet again and have to survive. Nothing really feels different here. Storm has taken up Cyclop's and Wolverine's role basically and the status quo is already shifting back to how it somewhat was before in the previous books. A few pieces still need to be moved around but nothing really feels fresh or new. In fact it's kind of boring which is surprising since this book has a great creative team. Lemire has written some of my favorite stuff over at DC especially his Green Arrow stuff but here it just seems flat and aimless. I won't be getting this book monthly and I may check it out in trades but this new Marvel era is barely holding my attention and frankly it seems more like a better time to jump off than join back up.