Expressions And Attitudes - A Steven E. Gordon Sketchbook

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by Weibart, May 30, 2006.

1. Weibart

Weibart Intercept Now!
    Reporter

Hey all,

[​IMG]
    Readers of Steve Gordon's blog might know that he's had a sketchbook in the works for some time now. Above is the cover art Steve posted back in March. I think it's safe to assume that this features some Ultimate Avengers art, and it may also have some from X-Men Evolution as well.

Sunday he announced that this is now available. Anyone intersted in purchasing it can do so through his blog. His latest update features a little sample of interior art pictured below. Who plans on getting themself one of these?

[​IMG]

2. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

Nice to see Steve's thought about those of us overseas! :)

I think I'm going to have to pick this up. I always enjoying seeing Gordon's art, and being someone who likes to draw myself, I find books like these usually help with that if you study them carefully enough.

3. cheeno

cheeno Active Member

Wow!I've heard that if u'll buy Steve's sketch ,Steve will draw a sketch of your choice for free! Over at live journal a X-fan bought this sketchbook and got his free sketch of Toad and Kurt,drawn by Steve himself!How cool is that!

4. Weibart

Weibart Intercept Now!
    Reporter

Mine ventured its way through the mail service across the country from California to arrive here in Pennsylvania a few days ago. Not to get too detailed about it, but suffice to say this book is well worth twenty dollars. It's seventy pages, and there's a piece of artwork on every one which is a great deal. The book's printed on glossy durable paper which is a real plus. If you enjoyed Ultimate Avengers, you're in for a real treat, and to my surprise there's a decent amount of X-Men Evolution artwork too! There's a whole lot of gorgeous artwork to be seen in this overall.

Below is the (awesome) Captain America sketch I requested. Again, great deal here, and it's much appreciated, as it's basically a full body sketch! Thanks to Steve Gordon for packing so much quality into this book for fans!

[​IMG]

5. Steve G

Steve G Member

6. Mini Wolfsbane

I'm itiching to know if his offer for making free sketches is still open,since you can only get it thru his blog and everything.I'm assuming so,but just thought I'd throw that out there,'cause better safe then sorry.And the only stupid questions are the ones not asked.

*drools*So,if I bought it,that would mean a toss up between asking for
    a shirt-less evo-Gambit sketch (Woohoo!That'd make everyone at a certain
    Gambit forum so jealous of me!) or something else,like,Evo-ized me!
    (If I felt brave enough to send my pic thru e-mail.Plus I take a horrible picture if it's not taken by a pro.)

Maybe I should just change my user name to Gambit'sgirl.I mean,it's not like
    I actually shut-up about the character ever.Or maybe even Gambit'swife.
    (The one name I'll never forget being called.):lol:

7. Steve G

Steve G Member

the offer is still open.

8. Kataclysm

Kataclysm Beyond Evolution Staff

I ordered the book last Wednesday. Unfortunately I didn't know that requests were being accepted. Is it still possible to get a Shadowcat sketch with my order? That Captain America sketch looks great!

Thanks,
    Tate

9. Mini Wolfsbane

Woohoo!!:anime:

Thanks,Mr.Gordon!

Hopefully my paypal account works.Last time I tried using it,it didn't want
    to work with me.

EDIT:By my giddyness,one really wouldn't think I was 21.
    I sound so much more like some little 12 year old Noob.*blushes*

And now that I looked at my previous post,it does sound rather....strange,doesn't it ?
    Oh,who am I kidding ?I'm not the only one who "lusts" after the Evo characters!

#9 Mini Wolfsbane, Jun 27, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2006
  10. ifthismeansevos

ifthismeansevos It's been a while.

Mmm nah yer not the only one.
    Oh and Hi Mr. Gordon! (If you are still around anyway) I'd buy the book but being in another country it's a lil complicated. it will be different. I know everyone tells you this but what an excellent artist you are.

#10 ifthismeansevos, Jun 28, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2006
  11. Steve G

Steve G Member

Send me an e-mail so I know who you are and if I haven't already sent it I'll give you a Kitty

12. Mini Wolfsbane

Thank goodness.(I mean,even Yumi (?) of PuffyAmiYumi has a thing for some anime dude,so that shows that everyone is pulled into that kinda thing to some degree.)

Ditto!!
    I wrote some place that you're like my artistic muse,Mr.Gordon!
    I'm trying my best to mimic your style a bit when I draw,because I love the way the evo characters we're drawn;they are so realistic.I hope to be at least half as good as you some day,eventhough drawing is just a hobby for me.

13. cheeno

cheeno Active Member

Mr.Gordon did a pretty good job explaining how to draw those characters.Will there be a " How to draw Brotherhood" featurette as well?I so want to draw Wanda

14. Mini Wolfsbane

*pokes thread with a stick*

I know it's dead,but I just have to show off the most awesomest of awesome sketches ever!The one I requested with my book,that I couldn't stop staring at for about the whole intire afternoon I got it.:sweat: (I can't help it,Gambit's just so yummy!) And if it looks funny,that's because my camera sucks,so I took everything that wasn't the sketch out in paint.No
    worry's,the sketch is still in the book.(And so appreciated,too!)

[​IMG]

and here's close ups.(Linked for your covinience.):

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/6482/remysketch27ot.jpg

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/8241/remysketch37hv.jpg

15. Axion-Pup

Axion-Pup "I'm EVERYONE's homie."

Original work from Steven E. Gordon in book form?! Dreams really do come true! I hope I can talk my mom into ordering it for me...

16. Kataclysm

Kataclysm Beyond Evolution Staff

17. Steve G

Steve G Member

Hi Kat...now the pressure's on...BTW send me a copy of that if you don't mind.

Thanks...:D

18. cheeno

cheeno Active Member

I wish my parents could allow me to order the sketchbook via internet-I so wanted an Evo Jean Grey sketch.:( :sad:

19. Ruffian

Ruffian f.k.a. Twilight

Hi People,

I have two items up by Mr. Gordon on my Yahoo! Photos. The first is the Rogue poster Mr. Gordon was selling at this year's Comic-Con. And the second is the Cyclops sketch I requested with my purchase of his sketchbook, which I ordered by mail before Comic-Con.

The poster did get a little beat up on the way home. My fault for not bringing a poster tube. The Cyclops sketch I absolutely love. Thank You, Mr. Gordon!

Here's the link:
    [SIZE=-2]http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/grywolf220/album?.dir=/b9c5scd&.src=ph&.tok=phuw7QFBt9mALn0x[/SIZE]

Enjoy!

20. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

That's a kick ass Cyclops poster, Twilight. I love the Cyclops Evo model, there's something so cool about the costume. It sort of reminds me of his X-Factor suit from the comics which I thought was awesome too.

I'm hoping to get my book after pay day. I can't wait to see Steve's rendition of Daredevil. I'll try and get my scanner fixed for all to see!