1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs! Get your free key here: Twin Saga Starter Pack Giveaway
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

Exclusive First Look from "Teen Titans: Trouble In Tokyo"!

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by BeyondGotham, May 18, 2006.

1. BeyondGotham

BeyondGotham Batmanytb.com

We've gotten 30 screen grabs from the new trailer for Teen Titans: Trouble In Tokyo!

http://dcu.batmanytb.com/photogallery.php?album=69

We've also got the first look at the cover (at least I think, I don't remember seeing it anywhere else...lol)

[​IMG]

Sorry for the bad pic, but it's the best I could do...

2. A.J

A.J Active Member

Looks very good! Cant wait to get it! Where can I see the trailer? Release date? Wonder if this will be post-thing change or pre...:confused:

3. adoptedBatpuppy

adoptedBatpuppy Confidence is the Key

The cover looks cool! :anime:
    Is there a time period where this is supposed to take place?
    When will it be released, and how come we have not seen the trailer on TV yet? :confused:
    Thank you

4. S.C.B

S.C.B Too close.

It just occured to me looking at those pictures how much I've missed Teen Titans since it ended, especially the main five. With all the business of the last season, I don't really feel like I got to spend much time with just them.

Judging from that last picture, I hope there's some fun Cyborg/Beast Boy stuff. When they're left alone together, thet never fail to make me laugh.

Looks like widescreen fun, too. Nice.

5. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

If that's Slade on the cover, WHV have just made another happy customer right here. :)

6. sdp

sdp miscrave

they said no old villians would be on the DTV, when did the trailer surface?

i too got happy when i saw new TT stuff, man its been a while.

7. BeyondGotham

8. A.J

A.J Active Member

Nice trailer as well! WS? :eek: Awesome!!! its like the first DTV in WS Ive seen lately (from DC)

9. RavenFan17

RavenFan17 Member

That trailer was god-awful. The only thing I can deduce is that the Titans, indeed, go to Tokyo. Lame.

10. Batman91

Batman91 Active Member

Wow.It looks really good.Cant wait,I guess the Teen Titans aren't over yet.

11. BeyondGotham

I wouldn't say Lame.. but I agree, there isn't much to it.

12. Anarky

Anarky Team Conan

will this be released in conjuction w/ TT S2? Sept-ish

13. S.C.B

S.C.B Too close.

I think that's when they're airing it on CN. The DVD comes out earlier than that (I would think), but I'm not sure if it's been confirmed anywhere when it's coming out.

And the trailer looks pretty good. It's a teaser, for all intents and purposes.

Looks like Robin may be making a spectacle of himself in Tokyo, judging by Beast Boy's "And he told us to stay out of trouble?" as he and Cyborg look at the newspaper. It's been mentioned by one of the creators (again, I think Glen Murakami) that there's some Robin/Starfire stuff explored in this, too, so maybe it has something to do with that.

14. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme
    Staff Member Moderator

While the cover doesn't seem good, the movie looks awesome. Long time ago since I've seen the Titans, and hopefully the movie will not dissapoint.

15. BeyondGotham

Jim might know more about the release date. I'd say around Sept. when Season 2 come sout.

The trailer will be attached to Brainiac Attacks, which comes out next month.

16. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

The Villian on the cover BTW is

That'd be a good estimate since the trailer did say it was coming around Fall 2006. I assume that Teen Titans Tokyo will premire on DVD late September and then on CN around October.

The DTV looks... decent at least. Nothing really to go on, although from somoe of the few lines we heard from the Titans, there's a subplot of Beast Boy wanting to enjoy a Tokyo vacation but probably won't end up doing so until the end of the movie. Or something like that.

17. Tea

Tea >:D

Looks like the Titan Tower gets trashed again. And Beast Boy gets a new shirt... :anime:

Wouldn't count on it; that figure has two eyes. I have a feeling we will not see any of the new Titan members or old villains in this one.

Well here's hoping it's awesome. ;)

18. D.Shaffer

D.Shaffer Busou Shinki Cult Member #8

Wow, I spotted at least 4 Japanese cultural refs in the trailer alone. This could be great.