"Eureka 7: Astral Ocean" Talkback

Discussion in 'The Anime Forum' started by GWOtaku, Dec 22, 2011.

1. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator Moderator Reporter

Via Crunchyroll:

The Japanese website is here, offering the typical splash image and not much else at the moment.

Seems like a good time for me to revisit the original and see what I think of it now. Haven't touched it since the bizarre movie that came out. Between that and Star Driver, I'd guess that this effort from BONES at least won't be dull...

They say a manga adaptation is starting up on Shonen Ace's February issue, so some info may be leaking out around late January.

2. Soul

Soul Mainly Lurking Now...

The original Eureka seveN was one of the few mech series I actually really loved along with Gurren Lagann around the time. And way things unfolded in that series on a grand scale as well as the how all the characters were pertrayed, including...Holland who was a character I really detested.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2012
  3. The Man in Black

The Man in Black I have 5 of broats

I do wonder what a continuation of E7 will bring. I still need to watch the movie (or do I? :p) but I'm not sure how they will continue things unless it's not a direct sequel or something. I do think that E7 was actually Gurren Lagann tier at least in some ways.

4. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

I wonder if any of the old characters besides Eureka and Renton will be in it? Those two are a giving, but I could see the sequel series having a long time skip with Eureka and Renton returning to a time period with everyone they know are long since past away. Though there might be a chance of one of those three kids are still alive as a really old person.

Either way sounds awesome.

5. Juu-kuchi

Juu-kuchi Everypony's Starry-Eyed

Oh god...

Hopefully they don't inculcate us with more of that lovey-dovey pap that I think really bogged down the last part of the series.

Also more LFO action please. Thank you.

6. LordTerminal

LordTerminal The old-school DK is back!

That splash page on the website has me a bit confused though. What happened to Eureka's wings?

Other than that, I'm excited.

7. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

I think that might be Eureka and Renton's son rather than Eureka herself.

An E7 sequel has potential. I've yet to see the movie so I guess I'd better get on that.

8. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

Wow...I didn't think we'd be seeing anymore of Eureka Seven. Consider me excited.

And yeah, if you look at the manga, it seems like the protagonist is a masculine version of Eureka. I wonder if this will be in the same continuity as the original anime, or whether it'll be a completely different universe like the movie was. I also really hope they can get back Dai Sato as the head writer.

9. JShaggy

JShaggy Completely Out of Character

I haven't seen the movie version either, but a continuation story would be nice as well if that's the direction they end up going.

Judging by appearance, Ao definitely looks like Renton, except with Eureka's hair color and eyes.

10. GingaDaiuchuu

GingaDaiuchuu Active Member

Well I was definitely never expecting to see a new Eureka Seven series pop up. I'll definitely be watching it, but after the movie, my expectations are planted firmly in the ground. I would very much like to be pleasantly surprised.

11. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon! Moderator

Well, I have nothing against a sequel. Eureka Seven deserves it. But I feel that nowadays, many anime series end up getting mediocore sequels/spinoffs

12. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

Huh, well that's unexpected. I barely remember the anime and the movie was unrelated to it(more like a different story telling).

I guess I should rewatch the anime soon :).

13. Mr. Anime

Mr. Anime Active Member

Better a sequel series than a crappy alternate spin-off movie. Here's hoping it's a good as the original was. And I need to rewatch the original series as well.

14. macattack

macattack I see you! Reporter

This stunned me, but it made me so happy. Eureka Seven is easily one of my top-10 favorite anime of all time, maybe even top 5. The journey that the characters travel, the development that makes them all almost completely different characters by the end of the show, the world-building, the love between Renton and Eureka . . .

I am signing on for season 2. I have found my primary spring 2012 show and it is not even 2012 yet.

Thanks for the Christmas present BONES.

15. The Man in Black

The Man in Black I have 5 of broats

So should I NOT watch the movie? :sweat:

16. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

The movie is a alternate story that is a hit or miss. You won't be missing anything by not watching it.

17. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator Moderator Reporter

The movie is really beautiful, heartfelt, kinda weird and potentially really confusing. It's worth a look, just be prepared to really pay attention.

18. Kouji Tamino

Kouji Tamino You Understand Nothing

Says you, I'm a sucker for that stuff. :p It was the heart of the series for me. E7 just isn't E7 to me without a pair of teenage lovebirds doting on each other like lovesick puppies.

That's actually a really good way of describing it. Beautiful, yet weird. I really liked it, and was so glad I saw it in theaters.

I am incredibly excited for this sequel series. So, what, we're going to get a new installment to the franchise every 3 years? ;)

19. Juu-kuchi

Juu-kuchi Everypony's Starry-Eyed

I guess. But everytime i see them hold hands and just stare at the camera, it for some reason comes off as undeniably smug. Like... "Yeah we're in love, deal with it." like a bunch of hipsters. Besides...

20. Kouji Tamino

Kouji Tamino You Understand Nothing

Overrated. :p But nah, they're cool too. I didn't appreciate them until I rewatched the series, though.