1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Equestria Girls - News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Bakertoons, Feb 12, 2013.

1. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

The first one was pretty bad and the second was just forgettable. I'll probably give this one a shot.

I'm shutting it off if Sombra is the antagonist and all he says is "crystals."

• Like Like x 1
  2. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

Well in my opinion.

3. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

I hope all three Sirens return, But I don't think we'll be seeing them in this film.
    But hopefully is this film turns out great we'll get more Equestria Girls films with the Sirens returning.

4. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

The first of eight shorts leading to Friendship Games.

5. zoombie

Well

6. Toon4Thought

Out of nowhere comes four more shorts released early. In Spanish. Looks like somebody didn't keep track of the release schedules. Thankfully, aside from part of the first one listed here they're primarily told through the visuals, so you should at least get the basic gist of what's going on.

-"All's Fair in Love and Friendship Games"
    -"Spy Pinkie"
    -"Photo Finished"
    -"Opening Day"

#346 Toon4Thought, Aug 6, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  7. zoombie

Can't believe we are little over 48 hours away from the premiere. Also to note it airs on the 26th at 8 pm et, not 8 am et but 8 pm et.

Here are my thoughts and predictions.

The last movie had the big surprise of human Twilight appearance. You think at the end of this movie we will see human Sunset Shimmer?

Will human Twilight transfer to Cantalot High? If so what does that do for Sunset Shimmer, she has been the human 5's Twilight, is their room enough for both of them? Well I like to think there is, they will be a great team, on the other hand I don't mind if she stays at Crystal Prep because Cadance is there.

Another wacky out there idea, human Twilight's family let Sunset Shimmer live with them thus solves the Sunset Shimmer has no parents or a home problem.

#347 zoombie, Sep 24, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  8. zoombie

Okay looks like they were considering sending Sunset Shimmer back to Equestria at the end of Friendship Games, or at least teasing it.

9. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Equestria Girls 4 is now confirmed, direct from Hasbro's Chief Creative Officer and Executive Vice President, Stephen Davis, at MIP Junior in Cannes today. Here is a Youtube video from the event. Davis starts talking about Equestria Girls at 18:10 and confirms the fourth movie at 18:38:

#349 Tommy Lawson, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  10. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

I really hope the Dazzlings make a return in the 4th film. I would like to know what happened to them.
    It seems like they want to keep MLP on the TV channels, so while Netflix might be their best choice if Discovery Channel ever goes down, they might end up moving the show to a new channel instead.

11. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Kyupikon!

Thast's an interesting fact.

I'm also hyped for the fourth movie. I loved the third one, and I hope the fourth one could follow the same path.

12. zoombie

Well I just hope we see human Sunset, that is the only mystery left now that we have seen human Twilight.

Here is a thought, and it be a way to keep Sunset in the human world if they don't want her to leave or give here more closure allowing her to leave, not to mention solve the plot hole of Sunset's parents, what if human Sunset Shimmer died, and shortly there after the pony verse Sunset showed up, the human Sunset parents found her and mistook her for their daughter, she pretends to be their daughter, but in reality they know their daughter and just pretending and if is unspoken fact. Just like what happened with Edolas Lisanna in Fairy Tail.

13. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This contains spoilers from Friendship Games.

14. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

Didn't know about this thread when I made the thread about the Equestria Girls specials. I think now would be a good time to bring it back because there might be more news in the near future. I'll start by linking that other thread I mentioned in case anyone reading through the posts wants it.
    http://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/equestria-girls-specials-coming-in-2017.5567522/

Anyway, Discovery Family aired some Equestria Girls shorts last weekend and will continue all August starting tomorrow and Saturday night.

Second, by the looks of it, an Equestria Girls YouTube series is coming. I wouldn't be surprised if it works the same way as Hanazuki (meaning it has 10 minute episodes).
    https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/08/hasbro-investor-webcast-contains-tons.html

• Like Like x 1
    #354 PinkiePie97, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  15. PinkiePie97

Next shorts are airing tomorrow and Saturday.

• Like Like x 1
  16. zoombie

Well I expect we will get an Equestria Girls comic announcement in the very near future. It could be the third comic after the MLP movie prequels ends, or could take the spot of Legends of Magic which I really think it is not going to be that long of an ongoing so it will end sooner than later.

17. PinkiePie97

The next short is airing tomorrow night after Shrek Forever After.

• Like Like x 1
    #357 PinkiePie97, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  18. PinkiePie97

The next shorts are airing tomorrow and Saturday.

• Like Like x 1
  19. PinkiePie97

Okay, for some reason, there were no shorts last night and tonight, despite being advertised on social media. They still seem to be showing up On Demand, so I'm glad for that much, but I still don't like how Discovery Family is advertising them on social media only to not air any.

• Like Like x 1
    #359 PinkiePie97, Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  20. Toon4Thought

I really don't like to consider anything insulting, but considering this happened two nights in a row and they've done nothing to even acknowledge this (let alone explain or apologize), on top of being this incredibly blatant about it... yeah, I'd call this insulting.

• Like Like x 1