1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Episode Articles

Discussion in 'Animation Wiki Discussion' started by Radical Raven, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Radical Raven

Radical Raven Bow bow bow, bow bow bow...

Can we make articles for episodes out of a TV show? Since we can make articles for theatrical shorts, I just figured....

2. MonkeyFunk

MonkeyFunk Kids and grown-ups love me so

Don't see why not Wikipedia has 'em, after all.

(although, FWIW, my own gut feeling is that - like articles on minor characters - they shouldn't be a top priority just yet, as I can see it getting mucky if we're cluttered up with articles covering two or three random episodes of a given series. So if there's a series you want to do episode articles for, then I'd suggest typing up synopses on a text document and keep them there until you've got a whole season's worth, then start adding them to the wiki.)

3. HellCat

HellCat Lesser spotted Brit
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Definetly agreed. It's something which isn't top priority quite yet and if done we'd obviously like to see people start at 'season one, episode one' rather than just creating random articles for your personal favourite episodes.

Another key thing- don't use such articles as a soap box. On other Wikis, I've seen folks use story synopsis as a way to worm in their personal interpretation of a character's motivation. We really want to stick to the facts, so unless there's a clear sign of something please don't mention it.