1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Epic Mickey (Wii) Pre-Release Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Desensitized, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Chaotix12345

Chaotix12345 Guh-huh!

#601 Chaotix12345, Oct 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2010
  2. Kazuya Prower

Kazuya Prower Keeping it Tails since 2005

3. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

4. Chaotix12345

Chaotix12345 Guh-huh!

A couple of new videos concerning the setting and visual design of this game.

5. Kazuya Prower

That Jiminy Cricket Beetleworx looks hilarious! I just pre-ordered the collector's edition last night.

6. DCU Bat

DCU Bat Member

I'm surprised that no one has bumped this yet.

It's only few days away from release and the reviews have already started pouring in. IGN and Gametrailers gave it an 8, Destructoid gave it 7 and surprisingly the highest score was given by Gamesradar while the lowest was given by Eurogamer.

As I expected, the game isn't as spectacular as the hype made it out to be and Junction Point hasn't been able to fix the camera problem but it is still being praised for the design, character development and story.

Speaking of stroy, alot of people who played this game have mentioned the story is as emotional as a Pixar film except it's interactive which makes me excited and glad the reception is at least positive.

Without posting any spoilers, I'll just say that I've seen one of the game's endings that was leaked online (don't worry, I still intend to buy it) and let me say, it'll tug at your heartstrings :crying:.

Oh, and there's a tiny little cliffhanger at the end so for god's sakes people, Buy this game so Warren Spector can make another one!!

7. Sombra29

Sombra29 New Member

Personally, I never trust "professional game reviews"(haha,this still sounds so funny).The only impressions I take are the ones from my friends or general mouth-to-mouth. But thanks for passing the info anyway.

I am most likely getting this game when its released (in Europe,as I have a PAL wii) and mostly looking forward picking up those cartoon references and being a badass mouse. We don't get games like this from IE usually (games that are not only about promoting the current movie/series license) so Its a bit fresh just for that.

8. Kahraizee

Kahraizee Member

It seemed like the only complaint in all of the reviews is that the gameplay isn't great just average.

9. Desensitized

Desensitized Old School!

I've heard that it's pretty much the same gameplay design as an N64 platformer. I think that might be why opinions are mixed on the gameplay because there are a lot of people who don't like that design style.

10. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Eurogamer had more complaints than that. They hated the camera, said the controls for them weren't great, thought the paint/thinner gameplay was kind of shallow, and said it had a poor attempt at a morality system.

11. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

Of course, part of the morality system's problems stem on those complainers (including that one biker guy) who don't want to see a "nasty" Mickey Mouse.

12. John Pannozzi

John Pannozzi Still Gritty after all these years

To anyone who pre-ordered the collector's edition of the game, could you please tell me when the game comes out if the DVD that comes with it is really worth having or not?

13. Kazuya Prower

Sure thing.

14. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I still think the game should have had spoken dialogue.

15. steet

steet Member

I'm currently playing the game (it was released on 25th in France), and even though the reviews are not all very positive, to me the game is just as good as I thought it would be :) Once you've started it, it's very difficult to put down the Wiimote! (some people are reporting camera problems; I didn't encounter any yet...so I don't really understand? Plays just fine to me.)

I truly hope the game does good sales because it deserves it, AND because it may lead to the new Ducktales game Warren Spector dreams of making!

16. Chaotix12345

Chaotix12345 Guh-huh!

An interesting thing to note: Frank Welker being casted as Oswald must have been later in production than creating the intro, because Oswald's voice in the final game's intro is a bit deeper and a lot more similar to Frank Welker's voice. In the original two-part version of the intro released on the internet, Oswald's voice sounded a bit like Mickey's, but a bit different. Just something I noticed when I saw the final game's intro.

17. Astrolupine

Astrolupine Man on the wing.

These cutscenes I've viewed are thoroughly impressive.

In any other games, the story would probably not seem as innovative or emotional, but what makes it so special is that it's a darker, emotional story that squeaky-clean Mickey has presumably never gone through before (maybe in the Italian MM Mickey Mystery comic).

Not only that, it's a true salute to Walt's golden age of shorts with Warren's own biting commentary that it's being forgotten. It's still highly unbelievable that the Disney corp. let him make this tale to begin with, even after the original gothic horror/steampunk concept art.

Also, there's a Runaway Brain reference, which automatically means win in my book.

18. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

Just to let you guys know: my local Toys R Us already has the LE for sale (as well as the Wiimote Charger featuring Mickey and the Shadow Blot).

19. Kazuya Prower

I got the Collector's Edition not too long ago and decided to check out the bonus DVD first. What's on the DVD are behind the scenes videos (the ones that have been on youtube and on the official site except for one called Designing the Worlds), concept art of characters and levels, four Mickey Mouse cartoon shorts (Thru the Mirror, Lonesome Ghosts, Clock Cleaners and The Whalers) and bonus videos such as David Garibaldi at E3, the trailer to the game and the behind the scenes E3 video. The skins for the Wii doesn't cover up the whole console. As for the Mickey figurine, the paintbrush is removable.

Now I'm off to play the game.

20. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

Huh, I'm a bit surprised that they didn't throw in The Mad Doctor as well, considering he's one of the main villains and all...