1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Epic Mickey (Wii) Pre-Release Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Desensitized, Jul 29, 2009.

1. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

Think We'll see Chernabog and the Horned King?

2. LordTerminal

LordTerminal The old-school DK is back!

Chernabog isn't really all that forgotten. (He was a boss in Kingdom Hearts after all) Besides, I don't really buy the idea that Chernbog of all creatures would take orders from the Phantom Blot. (even if it's a more powerful Phantom Blot than his usual depictions) Isn't Chernabog supposed to essentially be Satan himself?

3. Chaotix12345

Chaotix12345 Guh-huh!

4. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

It's not to hard to imagine, Yen Sid may have manage to defeat Chernabog in battle(You know like Gandalf and the Balrog) and banish him to a place in the waste land that not even the blot knew about

5. TheGunheart

TheGunheart Darkness and Disgrace

I kind of wish Robin Hood would get some love for a change, but I just don't see it happening...:(

6. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

What kind of bosses should we expect to see?

7. Chaotix12345

Chaotix12345 Guh-huh!

8. LordTerminal

LordTerminal The old-school DK is back!

I would love for one of those rooms to have a cryogenic chamber with Walt Disney inside because that's all this game is missing. :D

9. Mist

Mist Celebrating 20 Years of Sonic

10. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

Frank Welker is no stranger to that. He's voiced several characters who only speak gibberish.

11. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

Lassetter had some input as well, pretty cool.

12. Darking

Darking Packing Heat

A few things not listed in the article:
    - The prequel comics and the graphic novel are written by Peter David who has worked on Disney comics before like the Little Mermaid and Who Framed Rodger Rabbit.
    - In order to find everything, thinner will need to be used so the player may get a hit on the morality meter
    - Instead of the Hero/Scrapper/Wastelander system, the Guardians will help tell the player where they fall on the morality meter
    - Three playthroughs will be needed in order to find everything.
    - Apparently, there is a way to save the Gremlin and get the e-Tickets as a solution to get both was found last week.

13. TheGunheart

TheGunheart Darkness and Disgrace

Although I will admit that Warren Spector is starting to bug me a little. I have no doubt this will be a great game, but he's hyping it far too much.

To be honest, he comes off as a little out of touch. The way he talks about different elements of the game and how they haven't been done before gives me more the impression that he simply doesn't play a lot of games.

14. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

Just some minor Oswald-related nitpicks...

He...DID start to have a voice once the Talkie era hit (granted, this was after Disney left Universal, so I understand that he probably doesn't want to acknowledge the Universal canon's Oswald).

They actually did release an (amazing) Oswald plush at the Disney Store around the time of the DVD set. Heck, it's sitting on my bed at home right now.

Though he could mean, like, a stuffed animal-type plush of Beanie Baby size. The one I have is relatively large and isn't really stuffed per-se.

15. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

While I don't mind, I wonder why Disney used old school Mickey for this, because the intro kinda contadicts this

16. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

While I don't mind, I wonder why Disney used old school Mickey for this, because the intro kinda contadicts this. Question are they making a book of this because it seems like the type of game to have one

17. Darking

Darking Packing Heat

I think it's because Spector prefers old school Mickey to new school and most people fell that new school Mickey's character is blander. It could also be because they wanted Mickey to fit in with the old school characters better.

Me? I prefer new school Mickey's look myself.

Yup. During the Disney Publishing panel, they said that the "Art of Epic Mickey" should be release some time in 2011.

18. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

I meant like an actual chapter storybook

19. Darking

Darking Packing Heat

Oh! Yes, around the time of the release of the game there will be a graphic novel that will be available. Naturally, it's not going to be as comprehensive as the game because the player will effect certain story points during gameplay, but it will contain the major beats of the story.

20. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Bit of an update for you guys. I'm interviewing two of the developers, lead designer Chase Jones and director of product development, Paul Weaver. Just set in my set of questions in and I'm really looking forward to what I get back.