Epic Mickey 2 announced? (Update: Confirmed for Fall 2012)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Chaotix12345, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Chaotix12345

Chaotix12345 Unlikely Hero

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=160016

[​IMG]

Friggin' AWESOME! It's great to see that Disney is interested in an Epic Mickey sequel and the co-op with Oswald sounds like great fun. Plus, if that means the possibility of an Epic Mickey 2: Collector's Edition with an Oswald figure to go with the previously released Mickey, then bring it on! :D

2. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

Cool. Another AAA Wii game to look forward too.

3. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

Freaking sweet. I guess the game did better than we were told. Since part 2 is coming to the 360 and PS3, I wonder if they are gonna port part 1 to the HD consoles?

4. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

Holy! Man this game completely came out of the shadows, I'm really glad the first game actually did very well as I kind of doubted it did due to the info I heard. =) Can't wait to see the improvements in this and some more classic Mickey fun.

The first cover is pretty much my favorite =).

5. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Yo-Kai Son!

I find the bit that the sequel is heading to both the 360 and the PS3 to be quite interesting. I kind of liked what I've played of Epic Mickey, so I'm willing to give the sequel a shot.

6. Sparkster24

Sparkster24 Active Member

My Hype

Yes!!! ^^ I really hope it happens! And if it does. I would love to play as Oswald in multiplayer cause he is my favorite character. :) I bet it's gonna be awesome if it becomes true.Also depending on Box-Art.... I might sat the 2nd one, or the 3rd. due to the 2nd one kinda looks more similar to the 1st Epic Mickey boxart. But there are so many good boxart choices. :D

7. OnePark

OnePark גורל

Now this is more incentive to buy the first - I really want to with Oswald.

8. Kevin the Geek

Kevin the Geek Golem fan

It's cool to see that there's going to be a sequel to Epic Mickey. In the single player mode, I wonder if they'll give you the option to choose between Mickey and Oswald.

This reminds me that I need to get the first Epic Mickey, if I ever find it at a good price. If I like the first game, I'll probably get the sequel, on PS3.

I also hope that the third picture becomes the game's box art, since I like it the best.

9. OriginalGagBonke

OriginalGagBonke Fan of 2-D animation.

If this is in development, I hope they pull a Super Mario galaxy and let you play as Oswald when you complete the game. This is going to be sweet, may be a long wait but I'm sure its worth it.

10. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi

So why can't they figure out a way to port the first game to PS3 if they are going to release the sequel on PS3 and Xbox 360?

I know Warren Spector is this hardcore old school Disney and Mickey Mouse fan, but I think Mickey Mouse and Oswald should be able to actually talk this time around. I hated the gibberish style and text cut scenes in Epic Mickey.

11. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

From how Epic Mickey plays, it shouldn't even be that hard at all to port the game over. But I think it's in a matter of if a port to the ps3 and 360 would even sell..since the games hype all lived back when it first came out and a good amount were oddly disappointed. The fact that it's going to three systems means this game is probably a massive improvement from the control bugs and what not the last game had.

12. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

13. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

14. Takao

Takao Fight the darkness all around

If there was an HD port of the first game I can see it being an exclusive in the PS3 version of Epic Mickey 2. Sony and Disney are bros.

15. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

16. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

Here the trailer for Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two.

Last night episode reveal the following:
    - The Mad Doctor retunrs and claim to have reform. He want to help Oswald stop the earthquakes that have been affecting the Wasteland.
    - The camera has been fix. The camera now shows what your are supposed to see and you can control it with the d-pad.
    - the 2D levels are back. This time however you can use the paintbrush to make your way through the levels.
    - Oswald voice actor is the legendary Frank Welker ( Megatron, Fred Jones and Scooby-Doo).
    - there in and out local co-op. When playing alone Oswald is a.i. controlled. There no mention of online co-op.
    - PS3 version can use the Move controller.

There more footage at Gametrailers.com including sneak peek at one of the musical numbers. From the footage the game looks pretty interesting specially the 2D levels (giant freaky Chip ).
    Edit- More gameplay footage.

[video=youtube;lmNZRow-QVQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmNZRow-QVQ&list=WL8FEB1CD4E8A18FF8&index=14&feature=plpp_video[/video]

Edit2- 3DS version confirm by Nintendo Power.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2012
  17. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

10 minutes of gameplay footage. All of it is from the already shown areas, but it's a little more longform in some areas.

[video=youtube_share;DLlk-mvVt5E]http://youtu.be/DLlk-mvVt5E[/video]

18. BigLouMan20

BigLouMan20 Dancin' away my worries

Honestly, I'm more hyped for the 3DS game. :D

19. straw_hat

straw_hat New Member

There's a short interview with Warren Spector on the 3DS eshop right now that features some 3-D screenshots of Power of Illusion. Besides the Thwomp like enemies with Pete's face on them and those helmeted grunts I wonder if there's going to be more of a variety of enemies in the game.

20. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

The first official trailer is out and it includes one of the musical numbers they'd been mentioning would be in the game.

[video=youtube_share;E-1xVj2wluU]http://youtu.be/E-1xVj2wluU[/video]