1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Eminem dresses up as Osama Bin Laden for his new music video...

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by Captain Caps, Apr 25, 2002.

1. Captain Caps

Captain Caps Active Member

As a person who is not really into Eminem, I just found this latest bit of news interesting.

In his latest attempt to tick people off, Eminem is taking on the guise of America's least favorite terrorist, Osama Bin Laden, for his new music video "Without Me".

I don't really know what to think...

On the one hand, Eminem has the right to act however he wants, being as this is a land of free speech. I may not agree with what he says, but I'll defend his right to say it (or act it, as the case goes).

On the other hand, I do find it a little revolting. Perhaps that's the point?

I can only wonder...will he pull this trick out of the bag for his next SNL appearance in May? If he does, do you think the audience, various New Yorkers, and the cast and crew of "Saturday Night Live" might be a little angry, being as they gave heartfelt salutes to the 9/11 victims and their families at the beginning of the current season?

Have New Yorkers developed a different skin type over the months and are now able to laugh at this kind of stuff?

Finally, on his upcoming album "The Eminem Show", do you think that Mr. Shady Mathers might be pro-Bin Laden?

I'll exit this convo right here...something tells me this might get heated.

I only offer these as questions. Feel free to debate, but let's keep it calm. The last time I participated in an Eminem-related discussion, I had an entire board and many of my friends here chastising me, getting angry with me and telling me to leave, and I was acting inappropo, I shall admit.

I've learned my lesson, though, so let's keep this as calm as possible.

Sincerely,

John "Captain Caps" Kilduff

2. RockItShipper

RockItShipper Master of Flying Guillotine

3. Bud 'n Lou

Bud 'n Lou Let me dirty up your mind

That doesn't surprise me, actually. I read that and said, "Hm...that sounds about right." It's just the kind of publicity ploy he'd dive right into. Whether he plans to portray Bin Laden as a hero or a villain in the video doesn't matter. The point of him doing this is for the attention, because he really has nothing of importance to say. Hopefully everyone will get tired of him really soon and he'll disappear into obscurity.

Edited to add: LOL, RockItShipper. I was gonna make the Manson comparison myself! heheh

4. RockItShipper

RockItShipper Master of Flying Guillotine

Marilyn Manson had a pretty good article about music and Columbine in Rolling Stone 3 years ago (Jar Jar cover).... But I've never liked his music or stage act.

Em? Been a looooong time since I've listened to anything of his, but there is a persistent denial bit I picked up from his music.

"Sometimes, I wanna get on TV and just let loose
    but can't, but it's cool for Tom Green to hump a dead moose
    but if we can hump dead animals and antelopes
    then there's no reason that a man and another man can't elope"

"[Em]I don't know if I ever told you this, but I love you dawg
    I got your mother :yakko: :wakko: :dot: :bosko: in back, just know this :bosko: :dot: :wakko: :yakko: ...
    [Dre] Well if you ever kill that Kim :bosko: :wakko: :dot: :yakko: :bosko: , I'll show you where the ocean is"

Macho works both ways, Em...;)

5. DR. BELCH

DR. BELCH Member

Oh, MARILYN--

--I thought you meant CHARLES. Come to think of it, ol' Chuckie and Osama are not dissimilar-looking.

My fourth ex was into Marilyn Manson...and for years I thought that was a cataract in his left eye. Only recently did I learn it's just a contact lens. So now I have no reason to pity him. Sad, in a way.

Still think Em will go the way of Hammer and the Spice Girls, if he hasn't already--mark my words! [imagines bins of Eminem dolls in stores they can't give away] In the words of the Feminem sketch from that now-defunct, short-lived Sunday night comedy/variety show they had on the WB last year (forget the title)..."please shut up, please shut up!" ;)

Speaking of Tom Green, this also bears some resemblance to the (untrue) UL about him appearing at a bar mitzvah dressed as Hitler...so Em's not just tasteless, but rather unoriginal. :rolleyes:

6. Geezil

Geezil Out Here

Preferably in a matter of days, if not even smaller units of time.

Oh, and while we're on "entertainers" who do little more than spew hot gas into a room, I don't believe it would hurt if he took Carrot Top (who's not so much offensive as just screamingly obnoxious) along with him on that downward slide...

7. Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo Chill. It's only an opinion.

I thought Em's "career" was dead already. Well this way it must die slowly.

Granted he has a right to do whatever he wants, but I think it's gonna slip on Vanilla Ice. ;)

8. Chris Sanders MSX

Chris Sanders MSX The MAN is back

Eminem always has a point behind this stuff even the "Real slim Shady" had a point. Besides the differences between slim and vinalla ice is talent.

9. cjshoup

cjshoup Member

and got the hell beaten out of him for it.

This guy is a grade A donkey. Dr Dre. should not have given him a recordinh contract.

And for those asking about a Eminem dis. There was a song made a Christina Aguilira impressionist. it was called "Will the real slim shady please shut up"

Will you please Eminem, shut up. and leave.

5000 people died on the 11th and he wants to dress up as a madman who encourage. I would love to stick a bomb up both their asses

10. RogueMartian

RogueMartian Cogito Ergo Sum

I have seen Eminem dressed as bill clinton, tom green, and now he will mock osama bin laden. I am an ardent supporter of free speech. In all honestly, I think, as usual, Eminem will make a few jokes at the expense of a moronic president, a vile terrorist leader, and a couple of others. He will state his point of views and beliefs, and if you don't like them, don't listen. I don't get why this is a big deal at all.

11. Bud 'n Lou

Bud 'n Lou Let me dirty up your mind

I believe in free speech too. That doesn't mean I can't disagree with him or dislike him.

12. Nick Biped

Nick Biped Letting My Mind Wander

I honestly don't think we know enough about this new Eminem video to make judgement on it. How do we know he's not dressing up as Osama to make fun of him or something?

Besides, this is no doubt Eminem's way to stir up controversy so people will sit up and take notice of his "outrageous" actions, and then presumably buy his album. I see this mostly as a shock tactic. Alice Cooper used it, Marilyn Manson used it, and now Eminem's using it.

And while I can't say I'm a fan of Eminem's by any means, I think he does have more talent than former-wannabe-rapper-now-celebrity-boxer Vanilla Ice. :p

13. Chris Sanders MSX

Chris Sanders MSX The MAN is back

I've heard the song..The guy mocks Bin Ladin..it's not like it hasn't been done.. Thew ghole point of peopel dressing like Bin Ladin is to make him look stupid..

They have manufacted masks for gift shops and Cat Stevens made a song aclled Osama Yo Mama and on the cover he's dressed like Bin actaully there's two..One with him as Bin and the other as Uncle Sam, Point is it's not like Em is going to go outra nd go Bin's The Greatest ! I love that guy !

I'm a fan, sorry.

14. Captain Caps

Captain Caps Active Member

Open note...

Believe me, I don't plan on listening to Em's new stuff, RogueMartian (and I meant no offense, either)...

I just act as a small reporter of matters that may be of interest, be that interest good, bad or otherwise.

I have no views on the subject really, and I could care less about Eminem.

I just thought you, my fellow board members, likers and dislikers of Eminem alike, would find this piece of news interesting.

Chris, I understand your interest as a fan of Eminem, and I respect that. Thanks for clearing up whether Em would sympathize with Bin Laden or not...but one thing...that's RAY Stevens (he of "Guitarzan" and "Ahab The Arab" fame), not Cat Stevens (the Muslim singer-songwriter of "Peace Train" and the soundtrack to "Harold and Maude").

Sincerely,

John "Captain Caps" Kilduff

15. Lucky Bob

Lucky Bob I'M BRIAN BLESSED

I will say that Eminem is disgusting to say the least. I'm not talking about just the Osama stuff, but everything else he has done, too. Sure, he's entitled to free speech, but that doesn't mean we have to go out and buy his music. If we don't listen to it, maybe he'll just go away....

16. Zechs

Zechs Rabbit in a box

As an aspring artist I feel he has the right to say whatever he wants. But there is a thin line between real art and stupid bull corn and he has just crossed it. I hope this video fails unless he has a good point behind it. If not then I hope he looses his career behind this because 9-11 is nothing to joke about. :mad:

#16 Zechs, Apr 26, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2002
  17. Ricochet_The_Sweet14

omg i cant belive that! man, that man needs to get messed up. :mad: :mad: :mad:
    how can he dress up like that? man people suck well... most of them. :mad:

18. Joe Wagner

Joe Wagner The one, true Scarlet Spider!

You're right V-ICE has talent, esp when compared to Eminem.

Here's an idea - why don't we deport Eminem to the Palestinian Authority HQ next to Israel. I'm sure that Arafat would find him so annoying he would call off all of his terrorist groupies and be begging for peace.

Peace in the Middle East - all in under a week.

-Joe!