Elder Scrolls Online announced

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by MDawg, May 3, 2012.

1. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

Game Informer makes it official with their upcoming issue.

The game will be launching in 2013 on PC and Mac.

2. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

Interesting. I don't have a computer that can run new games, or an internet connection that is online gaming compatible for that matter, but I'd play this if I did. I just hope they're careful. If the map really is all of Tamriel, that's going to have an effect on the Elder Scrolls VI, as they wouldn't be able to radically alter the geography and landmarks if they set the next game in a province that is featured in this game. Although considering how endless Daggerfall was, I'm not sure if they'll actually go with all of Tamriel. Kotaku mentions three provinces specifically.

3. Chaos Yoshi Mage

Chaos Yoshi Mage The Lonely Raven

Doesn't really sound like an Elder Scrolls game from what I've read. Just your run of the mill MMO set in the Elder Scrolls universe, yawn...

4. The Huntsman

Yeah. That wasn't revealed in the initial announcement, so a lot of the buzz surrounding the game died off immediately. I just hope that however successful - or unsuccessful - the MMO is will have no impact on the future of the franchise.

5. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

Yeah, they did an amazing job of convincing everybody that they're missing the point of a game like this on the first day (Kotaku's deconstruction is brutal). Not good. The one saving grace is that it's so early in development that they could, perhaps, still change course in a significant way.

6. The Talon

The Talon New Member

Here's all the details of The Elder Scrolls Online so far. It's pretty big, so I put it under spoilers.

Now, my reaction to The Elder Scrolls Online.

7. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

*reads The Talon details about the game*

So not really an The Elders Scroll game then? Pity.

Btw how the heck are they planning on handeling the bugs for this game? I mean Bethesda has enough trouble running their single player games like Skyrim and Fallout correctly, how are they going to handle an MMO?

8. The Huntsman

The game's early access for pre-purchasers starts one week from now. My excitement for the game has been all over the place, being up one week and down the next, but I think I'll enjoy it. People are already dismissing the game in favor of WildStar, which comes out a few months later, but I'm going to stick with ESO. I just hope I can get a couple of good names registered early before they're all taken.