1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

[E3 2017]XBOX Press Conference Discussions

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by River26, Jun 11, 2017.

1. River26

River26 Well-Known Member

Coming on the back of EA is Microsoft at 2 pm today. [​IMG]
    All trailers & news

2. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

My $.02 on the press conferences strengths and weaknesses:

STRENGTHS:
    • Made sure that the Xbox One X can appeal to regular gamers with its smaller size and ability to provide a graphic upgrade even on a regular HDTV.
    • Good variety in terms of games being showcased in the press conference.
    • Cuphead (the one Xbox One indie game that I've been looking forward to) finally gets a release date.
    • System is will be getting regular Xbox backwards compatibility, with Crimson Skies being among the first titles (please include the Mortal Kombat games sometime in the future).

WEAKNESSES:
    • $500 for the Xbox One X may be too expensive for non-4K TV owners.
    • While Super Lucky's Tales and Crackdown 3 are interesting games (may be on the lookout for them for either my birthday or Black Friday), I'd probably would have gone with a big title to launch on the same day as the Xbox One X.

3. River26

River26 Well-Known Member

Yeah, all valid points. There were some questionable points.

Already announced titles
    Code Vein - also a PS4/Pro game
    DragonBall Fighterz - also a PS4/Pro

They just wanted to hype XBOX players.

4. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

TnAdct1, what would you consider a big title that Microsoft could realistically have ready for launch?

As for the showing, I enjoyed it. Several of the games shown have been cooking in the oven for a while now (Sea of Thieves, set to come four years after Rare's last retail title), but it was nice to see titles continuing to come throughout 2018 (more firm release dates would have been nice, but at least most of the games shown had gameplay). As shallow as it may be to praise a company for indulging nostalgia, I admit I grinned like a maniac hearing about backwards compatibility for original Xbox titles (and I don't even own an Xbox One). The Xbox One X itself seems impressive, although I question its purpose for existence.

#4 Scrappy-Fan92, Jun 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2017