"DuckTales" (2017) Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Toon Zone, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Dragnatek

Dragnatek Well-Known Member

I do believe he is a recurring villain but I don't think the opening is proof. The pirate ghost is in the opening and I doubt he's returning.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

The mummy one was decent as we get some Webby/Louie interaction. They're basically pairing her off with each triplet and showing the dynamic. Also liked how they thought everything was real then turned out fake then real again.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

The Living Mummies of Toth-Ra!: Good episode. I knew the mummy was part of a scheme, but there was a unique twist of the Guard not doing the scheme for money or for the sake of being evil or a being jerk. The Guard was mainly just doing what his ancestors were doing, with a misguided attempt of giving everyone hope so the Pharoah could fulfill his promise. The fact that the mummy ended up being real was another surprise since I thought the whole thing was fake. I thought the mummy was only after the blade Louie was carrying but that seem to be the case.
    Scrooge was right though, dumbest rebellion ever.

OMG!!! I just attempted to rewatch the episode on On-Demand and the beginning kept repeating Disney XD's commercial cut-offs and come-backs.

• Like Like x 1
  4. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

The Living Mummies of Toth-Ral

After a couple of so so episodes, the show is back on track with a top notch. Well Louie did get on my nerves a bit, but that was the point. Kind of knew the Pharoah was a con, giving his rewards, this was a con.

Anyway the loved the ancestors of these workers, and I love Amunet, another great new female character after Gabby McStabberson and Lena, keep it up. She is so adorable. And so are the rest of them.

And the con man, is he dead? I don't remember what happened to him, oh well.

Anyway looks like that is till the next month, and than we will have that skipped Huey episode we have been promised.

5. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

This is a well-known Carl Barks trope. I question the logic here in my review but this is definitely Unca Carl's influence.

DuckTales "The Living Mummies Of Toth-Ra!"

I liked some of this, but ultimately, I think my theory that Disney decided to air the best episodes first is true.

I dislike that the nephews are a hindrance. They should never be. They are the most useful Ducks, even more-so than Scrooge. The show is trying to make them comical layabouts, and I don't get why. They were fine as the series' straight men. When Huey says he got a sickle handling Junior Woodchucks badge, THAT is a nephew line. Not "Pulling a Louie" or whatever idiotic con the weekly dumb nephew is pulling simply to look bad next to Webby.

Speaking of Webby, I like that she calls Scrooge Mr. McDuck instead of Unca Scrooge. That seems more appropriate to me.

Love Scrooge saying this was the stupidest rebellion he's ever been a part of. It was.

The guard's family being behind the con made no sense. What family? I didn't see a family. Did his forefathers go among the followers to select a bride? Why hasn't he? Or are they are all in-bred and he is just the last of the line? I could poke about as many holes in this as the Adam and Eve story.

How does Mummy Lady even know what laser beams are?

I laughed at Louie's outrage that Webby's tips to the guard were actually true, and that she was actually trying to help him kill them. If you want something done right...

I like this show a lot, but I'd like it a lot more if the nephews were not hazards, and as stupid as Launchpad is. ***.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

The Living Mummies of Toth-Ra was pretty sweet/enjoyable,

Scrooge, Huey/Dewey/Louie, Webby, and Launchpad on a treasure hunt in Egypt was great.
    Amunet, an awesome minor female character, voiced by Cree Summer, sweet:D.
    Toth-Ra the mummified pharaoh was interesting.
    Webby saying Mr. Mc.Duck instead of Uncle Scrooge was great, a new change of pace.
    Webby/Louie's part was great/enjoyable, Louie being a hazardous brat as usual, hehehe.
    Scrooge/Launchpad helping Amunet and her people fight back to have their freedom was great.
    The pigeon con artist guard, my favorite great new minor villain, he was doing what his ancestors said and not a money-making scheme, interesting.
    Scrooge was right that it's the dumbest rebellion ever, hehehe:p.
    Toth-Ra coming to life was cool/interesting due to that green scarab.
    Scrooge and the gang defeating Toth-Ra was great/funny.
    Cool that Amunet and her people now have freedom and better lives now thanks to Scrooge:D.

Cool that Captain Peghook the pirate ghost is in the opening, I'll enjoy his return.

• Like Like x 1
    #906 Radical, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  7. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

A Christmas episode is airing on December 2 at 8 A.M.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Lucho

Lucho 'Ja think I'm a cowboy?

I need a Tale-Spin-Spin-Off or Cross-Over!

Don Karnage must return...
    [​IMG]

#908 Lucho, Nov 8, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  9. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

I'd be fine with a spin-off, but not a crossover. A proper TaleSpin reboot should take place in the 1930's. I would love it is it were set in the same Duckverse though, and an actual prequel. Maybe this time Talespin will legitimately have that title because it's a spin-off of DuckTales.

10. dumbfoolkid5

dumbfoolkid5 Active Member

Forget that, I rather have a crossover. And a better sequel would have descends of all the Disney afternoon characters having adventures centuries into the future in a sci fi cyberpunk setting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

11. emocobra666

emocobra666 Member

I'm glad they brought this show back and I just finally caught up on it.

• Agree Agree x 1