1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"DuckTales" (2017) Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Toon Zone, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

I'll enjoy those next great episodes.

Cool seeing Gyro Gearloose, yaaaaaay, and cool seeing Ma Beagle/The Beagle Boys, I'll love their sweet new reboot designs:D.Margo Martindale as Ma Beagle, sweet.

I hope to see Filler Brushbill, Feathers Galore, Cinnamon Teal, Dangerous Dan, Millionara Vanderbucks, The Merman King/the merpeople, and Circe show up in the reboot as well pretty soon.

Massacre on that title is so weird on a kid friendly reboot show.

2. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

IGN released an exclusive clip from an upcoming episode.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm guessing Louie doesn't have anything good in mind.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. DeanBurrito25

DeanBurrito25 Well-Known Member

Jim Rash (a.k.a Dean Pelton for Community fans) is such a great fit as Gyro.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. thomas2313412

thomas2313412 Active Member

I think this episode comes from The great dime chase which will have Louie reconfigurating Little Bulb into a giant mecha to get the lucky dime back but it will be his undoing as it goes haywire and attack him

6. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

Gyro's personality seems too different. I'm not trying to hate on the show, but I didn't care for his arrogance. I hope it was just a bad first impression.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #786 Dr.Pepper, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  7. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

The voice sounded familiar but I couldn't place it. I guess the voice pops out at me quicker with Randy Cunningham, where he's playing a similar role to the dean.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #787 Rick Jones, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  8. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

I see he's using his Cecil the turtle voice

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

A clip on instagram.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

His reaction is priceless

11. Looney Turtles

Looney Turtles Active Member

I loved the pilot episode. I even watched it twice. I can't wait for more to air.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't think there will be as many fans of this as the theme song:

Also, another video of a theme song sing-along, with cast members from various Disney shows, along with a very special cameo around the 1:30 mark that I'm sure many here will greatly appreciate:

• Creative Creative x 1
  13. Duckfan

Duckfan Member

The videos I didn't wait for...

14. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

An ad with the Ducktales cast.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. StellaMagic

StellaMagic Active Member

Should have realized this was the Aflac goose's favorite show.

16. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

This season on Ducktales...

• Like Like x 2
  17. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

Daytrip Of Doom!

So we meet the Beagle Boys here and I love this show version of them. Bigtime saying "why can't we have what they have", line of the episode. And poor Bigtime I thought was pretty solid and well executed, but still can't get no approval from mom.

The Webby scene on the bus hilarious and Webby is so adorable. She has that Mabel vibe, but she has her own charm as well. And boy's don't worry, Scrooge could easily buy that amusement park.

As for the Donald / Beakley plot, very well done, they play off great off each other. I wouldn't ship them like Louie does, but that is a ship I never thought of and don't want to think of every again. And I knew it, Beakley was a spy, it was so obvious. Perhaps I am still hanging to my theory that we will see Daisy and she will be Beakley's niece and Webby's aunt in this series, Webby does look a bit like the modern day Daisy, so we will see.

The Great Dime Chase!

Another great episode, we get some more lure which I am loving. The Louie plot, he loses Scrooge's dime and we are introduced to Gyro and I love how self aware the show is of its 1987 counterpart, on the old show Gyro's robots almost always went evil. This Gyro is a little more insane than the old version, and I thought for a moment he went evil at the end, but than I realized it is probably referring to Gizmoduck. And Scrooge doesn't leave his dime lying around in a case which makes sense unlike the old show, and Scrooge's having security protect against magic, must be referring to Magica DeSpell, can't wait to see her.

As for the other plot, we continue on the Delia mystery and it looks like she is alive. Interesting to learn. And the guardian of the duck family library, I just love her, she is so crazy and she is awesome. I don't remember her from the old show And could she have some connection to the family, who knows. And more of Webby being a fan girl, just love it.

So the shows follows up greatly with the pilot, so good job.

18. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

So we've got two new episodes: Daytrip of Doom, and The Great Dime Chase.

First, Daytrip of Doom:

00:26-00:31: So Mrs. Beakley just had a run in with HD&L (obviously). "Prepare [him] for what's 'out there'?" Meaning what, exactly? Is she talking about the Beagle Boys, or is she talking about...the nephews (in other words, it's ambiguous at this point alone)?

00:53: Seems to be irrelevant at this point (emphasis on "seems" to be).

1:06: As you can see, I was afraid this might happen. Here, we have Mrs. Beakley disapproving of Scrooge having his nephew and great nephews move in with him ("When I said [you should] spend more time with your family, I didn't mean move them in."), making the ending of the pilot episode (where we assume that Mrs. Beakley welcomes/accepts them unconditionally) feel like a joke, with this as the punchline after the fact. The original show wouldn't have done this. Whatever Mrs. Beakley's...reservations about the nephews she might have, she wouldn't have said something like that about them. This show is implying in this scene alone that she sees the nephews as "brats" and wishes they (and Donald) could live somewhere else. This isn't funny at all (i.e., because of Mrs. Beakley's implied contempt for the nephews). Are we to assume that she "doesn't mean it", and that she'll "warm up to them" or something. What are we supposed to think; that this show isn't trying to make fun of Disney's legacy (and it wouldn't be the first time either)? This is the sort of thing one would find in a parody, rather than an adaptation/remake that does the original source material (in this case both the comics, and the original series) justice. Furthermore, it's this kind of sarcasm that has been known to completely ruin a show. "Different" is one thing, but this is too different. However, this part can be avoided (fortunately), since it doesn't ruin the rest of the episode (at least). That said, my concern is that this could end up becoming the entire series, if not reflecting it outright, but we'll see. After all, first impressions aren't always correct (that said, however, it works both ways).

1:28: "If you're not a player, you're a pawn"? (sigh) This is going to be a long episode (to say the least)...

2:16: "We've all got to make sacrifices". Possible double talk aside, it then cuts to Donald talking a bath. Well, at least it didn't cut to Huey, Dewey, Louie, and Webby (that said, this could have gone either way), so that's some thing, but then right afterwords:

2:23: "HOUSE...MEETING...NOW!!", then the opening sequence. There, you see. The show just did one thing, then did something else. (sigh) Don't ask me to explain this one. It would just take too long (really). I will say that it won't make me drop the series (at this point).

3:30: (sigh) Here it comes ("Time for some house rules!")...

3:35-ish: "My space is MY space!" Followed by "my [this], my [that], etc., etc., etc., etc...AND MY WASHROOM!!" (well, that's what it felt like to me, anyway).

3:43: "Rule number 2...refertoMrs.Beakleyforsubsequentrules." Great, now we (i.e., the viewers, along with the nephews and Webby) are really in trouble (which is kind of a growing problem at this point; I just hope it doesn't become too big)...

3:47: Oh, so suddenly we're an "inconvenience" now? Then why was this show even made in the first place?! Heck, WHY DOES THIS, OR ANY OF THE OTHER DISNEY CHANNELS EVEN EXIST THEN?!! (sigh) Sorry, everyone. I just had to let that out. Okay, okay, so maybe it wasn't meant to be directed at us (i.e., it's meant to be "just" in-universe), but considering how other Disney XD shows (and Disney Channel shows, for that matter) have turned out, this could literally be either or. Hence what I said just now. For this reason, it's not quite enough to make me drop this show (which I really don't want to, but they have to give everyone a reason to keep watching). In any case, I wish I was kidding, but I'm not. It still has room to improve, but it really isn't looking good at this point.

3:54: Mrs. Beakley's house rules? Now we (and they) are really going to get it. I'm not kidding. This is beginning to look like an attempt to relate to the parents who saw the original show "back in the day" by providing something to "educate" the rest of the family with, but we'll see what happens in the long run.

4:15:...well, at least it's being directed at Donald as well. Heck, it may even be directed to the parents. However, I've seen other shows that do something similar only to pull a 180, and preach to the everyone about how we need to do what our parents tell us to since they're ones "in charge", regardless of whether or not the viewers already understand.

4:41: Thank goodness that's over (I hope)...

6:26: At this point things seem to be okay. I can only hope it stays that way...

8:01: Webby just got them thrown off the bus, and most viewers, I think could see it coming a mile away (well, I did, anyway). (sigh) Even the original Webby was never really portrayed as being "Too Dumb to Live", and no this isn't a dealbreaker (it would be kind of petty to drop the show over something like this).

8:12-ish: That was the wrong answer. This show just had toilet humor. Strike one...

9:12: "Ball pits are for babies"? Says you, Louie.

9:42: Unfortunately, Louie, as the old saying goes, "flattery will get you nowhere". Seriously, everyone, we (may) have more sarcasm here. I say "may", since, in the original show, either Huey, Dewey, or Louie might have done something similar...although, it might not really be for free food or games like in this scene, which by 10:18 is beginning to feel like padding...

11:38-ish: A Japanese Guitar Freaks-like game? I'm not sure what to think of this one. It just doesn't feel necessary to me (repeat: to me). Besides, what kind of a name is "Ukulele Kagerogu ("Kageroka?")" anyway (...yeah, I can read Japanese characters a little)? Oh yeah, it also seems to be a partial reference to Nyan Cat.

12:05: Dewey, seven years of cello is NOT the same thing as playing a ukulele, even if it is just a ukulele controller...

12:41: Yeah, not funny you guys...

13:26: You know Mrs. Beakley, maybe YOU should move to New Zealand. (sigh) Gee whiz...

14:02: Also not funny. (sigh) You know, to put it in perspective, I'm beginning to wonder if this Webby is too much an extreme opposite of the original Webby (i.e., the one they clearly think is too much of a girly girl, and thus not "modern" enough), to the point of being parody? What this means is, they may have written her as being this way just so they could do gags like this (which may even be followed by dramatic consequences, which would be even worse).

14:15: There, you see? Banned from Funso's for life. Strike two. Also, as I suspected, that "Funso" is not really (the guy who's supposed to play) Funzo...

15:13: I just realized. This is the worst place this could happen. Long story short, we're looking at a possible setup for yet another show that appears to be the genuine article, only to have an episode (regardless of what it is) give the viewers a patronizing, arbitrary moral lesson about "responsibility" that the characters don't deserve (and in this case, all because Webby wasn't used to "adventures" and not "everyday life"); another instance of comedy not actually being comedy at all (i.e., because of dramatic consequences). "But the Beagle Boys captured us. That's (still) no excuse for what you did." You know that sort of thing. Yeah. If this episode ends with all four of them being grounded (or even not being allowed to go places by themselves again), it's over. That is not what people came to see. After all, what's to say they wouldn't patronize everyone like that again...

16:25: "Wait something's wrong." Then he replaces the avocados with gold coins. "Much better". Again, that wasn't funny.

16:39: "What is a Funso"? I'm sorry, everyone, but this is a possible sign of things to come...

17:24: Oh, so now "normal's overrated". You wanna know what else is overrated, (possibly) insulting people's intelligence with hypocritical writing that appears to be one thing, but is either something else entirely or becomes something else later on. In some cases, it might even keep going back and forth, which I'm beginning to wonder if that's what this show is doing. This is supposed to be DuckTales, not My Little Duckling: Adventuring is Magic.

18:56: Donald is really letting the Beagle Boys have it. However, that's just it. I'm beginning to wonder if that's even the point of this show, as it's supposed to be.

20:23: This is ridiculuous! They're doing a call back to the very gag that them banned from Funso's for life, and which may possibly ruin either the entire episode, or (in the worst case scenario) the entire series.

21:05: Yeah. They're clearly teasing a possible future episode where she may or may not actually be a spy. Either way, this is clearly a spur-of-the-moment ratings stunt. Yeah, yeah, I know. She may actually be kidding, but that's just it. They're giving everyone something that's intentionally vague in the hope that we'll keep watching to find out if this really is the case. One way or the other, it was done on purpose. (sigh)

21:15: That's what I thought, and I hope it stays that way throughout the rest of the show. OTOH, lifting the ban just so they wouldn't get sued doesn't feel right to me. I mean, couldn't they have just lifted the ban period? That would have been better, IMO.

I plan to avoid this episode from now on. While it won't make me drop the show, it came very close. Long story short, the viewers came to go on adventures with Scrooge and his family, and maybe even show a little of what happens when they're not on adventures, not to be patronized with arbitrary "moral lessons" that assume the viewers don't get it even when they (or at least some of them) do.

And now for the next episode:

1:00: IMO, we did not need to see Louie being lazy and watching TV. For now, I'm going to assume it's just in-universe, and not directed at us. Either way, I still think it was uncalled for.

2:55: A shortened version of the opening? I wasn't expecting that.

3:07: Okay you guys, we get it. Scrooge doesn't think Louie understands about hard work. You don't have to keep reminding us of what we already know.

5:25: This is how we're introduced to Gyro in this series: as someone who's not allowed to be himself, and who's forced to use cards when "interacting" with people? "Foul ball" if anything.

5:55: Oh no, not this old bit again. Or rather, it's being used as a "giving Louie another idea to be lazy" joke. This one's a little tough to call, since it may not actually happen (Louie making the little bulb robot do everything for him, I mean).

6:00: Once again we have more sarcasm. Not only that, it also felt kind of cynical to me.

6:10: (sigh) Don't tell me, let me guess. This invention is also going to turn evil (even though in the original show it didn't), and it will be all Louie's fault (if this episode does do what I mentioned before). I just hope this isn't the case, I really do.

6:22: I don't like the way they're portraying Gyro here. He doesn't even feel like Gyro at all. I REALLY hope they don't turn him into a villain, that would also be "too" different from the original show.

7:10: "Peruvia"? I wonder how people from "Peru" (i.e., "Peruvians") are going to take that? Really, that was kind of ignorant.

7:51: Another forced setup. Fenton may have lost his number one dime in the original show, but I'm thinking this may be a coincidence.

8:20: NO! This is how they talk about how Scrooge came to American and earned his first dime? I'm tempted to to just skip to the "important" parts, but that wouldn't solve anything, so I'll just keep going.

9:26: Disney has done productions where their characters are put through all kinds of things, but considering what this particular episode is about, I don't think it's appropriate.

10:05-ish: More padding.

10:58: UGH! Sorry, but that was just unnecessary, and plain idiotic. Strike one.

12:58: And once again, we're reminded of what we already know. (sigh)

14:48: Either she really was level-headed once, or he's a horrible judge of character. Really though, we have more sarcasm here.

16:48: We're led to think Little Bulb will go back to normal only to have him keep looking for dimes. Not cool, writers.

21:05: That was never his dime in the first place? Also not cool.

Yeah, this episode mainly manipulated the plot and played with the viewers' emotions in order to keep them guessing, namely whether or not Louie would get in trouble for losing his number one dime, etc, only revealing after the fact that that was never his dime at all.

Look, everyone. This show is barely making it. Also, are we to assume that "Project Blatherskite" is in fact going to be the Gizmoduck suit? Either way, and as I said before, I really don't the possibility of Gyro being a villain here...

19. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

I don't think he's a villain per se, he's just a little nuts. He's obviously alluding to making the Gizmoduck suit in order to keep his robotic creations from rebelling, so he's going to use himself as the "brain."

• Agree Agree x 1