1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Duck Dodgers - Season 3 DVD?

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by THGhost, Feb 26, 2014.

1. THGhost

THGhost Member

WB released the first 2 seasons of Duck Dodgers on DVD in 2013. Are there any plans to finish them off with the final 3rd season? I'm guessing not since it's been a year since. :(

2. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

WB's new strategy with the unreleased titles in its library seems to be to commit to two 13-episode volumes and if they don't sell, to stop there. They did the same thing with Taz-Mania.

3. John Pannozzi

John Pannozzi Still Gritty after all these years

Well, they did release Pinky, Elmyra and the Brain on DVD recently, so maybe we'll see more 90s and 2000s cartoons on DVD from them later this year. I just we'll just have to wait and see. I would start worrying unless they aren't released/announced by the summer.

4. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

Man that stinks I want it out now

5. THGhost

THGhost Member

Well that sucks :( I've emailed WB about Duck Dodgers. If they're worried about them not selling, surely not releasing them would lose them even more money.
    Shame about Taz-Mania too, I love that show :(

6. Riddler

Riddler Member

It's been a while... but does anyone know if the first two volumes sold very well? Wondering if we'll ever see that volume 3...

7. THGhost

THGhost Member

I too want to know this.

8. Sikboy1029

Sikboy1029 Mech Pilot

Where is season 3? Day 1 purchase for me.

9. MagicMagilla

MagicMagilla New Member

While the issues with the classic Looney Tunes short is well figured out by now, later WB shows seem to have gotten their peg knocked down a lot. As it seems some are worth while at retail, others are archive material. Plus let's not forget the poor performance in the poll they asked about later WB cartoons. None of the LT-related stuff was in there mind you, but as a whole not sure how well this area of the library is considered anymore.

They seem to still be putting stuff out but the rate they come is few and far between. IIRC isn't Road Rovers the only WBAnimaton back catalog release this year? So sales are probably okayish that it's not dead, but not really anything to be dancing over. So the good news is it'll probably come, bad news it could be years away.

10. Kirben

Kirben Member

Yes, and Road Rovers was MOD only through Warner Archive, and not even retail either.

It is really looking bad for back catalog of WB Animation, barely any DVD releases at retail, and even less Blu-Ray releases through Warner Archive. Plus over half the existing DVD releases are flawed (cropped, and not widescreen), and not even worth buying anymore.

11. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think Warner Archive may put it out eventually.

12. cheril59

cheril59 Member

Joe Alaskey just kicked the bucket weeks ago, so why not contact Warner Bros. to release season 3 of Duck Dodgers as a tribute to his passing? Same thing with the rest of "The Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries"?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Toonatic

Toonatic Active Member

I was thinking the same thing!

• Like Like x 1
  14. THGhost

THGhost Member

I did just that, never heard back from them and season 3 has still yet to be released.

15. Frank Coufal

Frank Coufal Member

I wish that WB would release the rest of Taz-Mania, The Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries, Tom and Jerry Kids, and Duck Dodgers on DVD, and give Road Rovers a wide retail release as well.

16. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

^Same those shows deserve to get to finally get their sets fully released.

17. SFSnaggle

SFSnaggle Member

With newer shows like Static Shock and Xaiolin Showdown getting a release though Warner Archive I think there is a decent chance we will see this someday.