Discussion in 'The Anime Forum' started by Space Cadet, Mar 26, 2003.
What are the processes to start you're own dubbing company?
Do you have a few million to spare?
What if I were to do all the voices myself?
I can guess there are several things you need:
- A studio with all the necessary equipment in quality condition.
- People to maintain that studio and that equipment.
- Voice directors who actually know what they're doing
- A very wide selection of talented voice actors (and I mean very wide selection; why else does Funimation get criticized all the time with its dubbing studio?)
- A solid reputation or good word to get recommended to anime distributors such as Bandai, Pioneer, etc.
- Money to pay everyone
- Membership in one of these silly unions so everyone gets paid fairly
- A catchy name
- Lots and lots of the following: patience, time, money, blood, sweat, and tears.
And you know what? What I said probably oversimplifies everything!
Separate names with a comma.