1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

[DS] Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by SuperDudeX, May 9, 2009.

1. Kouji Tamino

Kouji Tamino You Understand Nothing

At the time, I didn't have any Heart Scales to teach it Ancient Power. I also wanted to beat the Elite Four with only Johto Pokemon.

Also, Mamoswine is kind of ugly. :p Regardless, I'll probably get around to evolving it soon.

I leveled my party up to about Lv. 42 before getting impatient and taking on the E4. I did pretty well up until Lance... By the end of the battle, Feraligator and Piloswine were in the red and were my only Pokemon left when I took down Lance's Charizard and emerged victorious.

2. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

Is that how Mystery Gift works? When I traded my Shaymin and Heatran from Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs to HeartGold, I had no problems. I do have a problem with trading the Manaphy Egg to HeartGold though. Also, since I traded with myself between HeartGold and SoulSilver, I don't know if it makes sense to have a shiny Raikou. While having it along with shiny Entei and Suicune would be nice, besides them being sent to either Pokemon Black or White to unlock Zoroark, I don't really have a clue on what to do with them. Yes, I don't have Entei unlocked in my HeartGold Johto Pokedex but I want all of the Legendary Beasts, originally thought as dogs, to serve me other than taking up residence in my PC boxes.

3. Undrave

Undrave Forever Burning Heart!

Doesn't Piloswine learns Ancient Power on its own by simply leveling up?

Or am I thinking of Yanma here?

You can get heartscales in the Pokewalker...forgot which course has those though.

Congrats on the victory!

4. simpsonsfan

simpsonsfan Froakie - Bubble Frog Pokemon
    Staff Member Moderator

I went to game stop today and downloaded Raikou for Platinum and SoulSilver. I also preordered Pokemon Black when I was there.

My 1st post on the new toon zone app for iPod touch.

5. Kouji Tamino

Nope, Ancient Power is part of this weird list of 'inherent' moves that you have to teach Piloswine through Move Relearners.

And thanks. :)

Oh geez, Claire and Lance completely destroyed me today. I had Feraligator left and had beaten all of their other Pokemon. They had wiped my Rival's team, and I was telling myself "Okay, one last dragon. Just hit them with Ice Fang, stay healed, and it should be all ri--" Cue Lv. 75 Dragonite. "...Oh crap."

6. Antiyonder

Antiyonder Amalgam Universe Overlord
    Staff Member Moderator

Thanks. Just a couple more questions while I'm here.

1. Relating to getting those promo Pokemon, do they get transfered into your PC or do you have to have an open slot to receive them?

2. Not related to the promo events. I know that you can breed Pokemon with TM moves by teaching the male Pokemon said TM Move, but what about breeding the genderless ones like Staryu/Starmie or Voltorb/Electrode?

7. Bloody Marquis

Bloody Marquis Quite smashing, eh?

After the Mystery Gift, you turn the game on and go to the PokeMart to get it. And yeah, you'll need an open slot to receive the Pokemon.

8. Zilch

Zilch Member

For those that may have forgotten, the shiny Entei distribution at Gamestop starts today! The Volcano Pokemon will only be available until 1/23!

Just a note of interest, this Entei knows the move Flare Blitz.

9. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Does this look like the face of mercy?

I got 6 of them, 3 of which are going to be traded off to other people. I plan to restart my Diamond, Pearl, and spare Platinum to get 3 more tomorrow.

10. Neomysterion

Neomysterion TZ's Resident Neopets King

That's exactly what I'll be doing, Zilch. I'll be going to GameStop tomorrow and get myself a Shiny Entei to add to my collection. :D

11. Katsumara

Katsumara Ohi.

I'm waiting for the hopeful Wi-Fi distribution.

12. Kouji Tamino

I finally beat Lance and Claire today. My party was at Lv. 60 and fared much better this time around. Can you imagine how tough that battle would be if they had healing items? :eek: Now I can finally get Claire's phone number, and then I'll have all the gym leaders available for rematches.

Luvdisc swarm today! Time to get out my green Ursaring and start stealing Heart Scales!

13. LeatherJeans

LeatherJeans Genderbending=Awesomeness !

Man I so wish to get Black and White when it comes out. But first..have to finish Gold! I'm training my pokemon to battle the Pokemon League.

14. Katsumara

Katsumara Ohi.

Beat 'em last week. Once I was smart and started with a good poke up front, I didn't have an issue. My god is the rival useless there though. My game, he had the fire starter so.. yeah. Immediately got obliterated, lol.

15. Daxdiv

I also beat the combo of Lance and Clair without a problem. I guess it does help that my team were near Level 60, and that I gave my Poliwrath a Choice Scarf, and Ice Beam. That and my rival was actually smart in this fight, and used Ice Fang on Clair's Pokémon, while I took care of Lance, except for one instance where he decided to use Aqua Tail on Charizard, but it was good considering that one of Clair's Pokémon was frozen during that instance.

16. Katsumara

Katsumara Ohi.

My group was still in the low-ish 50s. Heck, my whole main team isn't even fully 60s yet, and I still somehow beat Red. A little zombie-ing, but eh. Got the job done.

17. Daxdiv

Well, tomorrow starts Suicune week. Head to your GameStop between January 31- February 6, to get a chance to collect Suicune.

Also, in related news, you can get Ash's Pikachu at your local Toys R Us, starting from January 30th to February 13th.

18. Katsumara

Katsumara Ohi.

Looks like Celebi was confirmed Feb 21st through March 6th at your local gamestops.

I'm sick of gamestop events. :/

19. Undrave

Undrave Forever Burning Heart!

So am I --

20. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

My niece wanted her mother to drag her to Gamestop for Suicune in this terrible ice storm. :sweat:

Throw me in the bin of "just do it over wi-fi already".