"Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23" Season One Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by Space Cadet, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING Moderator

[​IMG][​IMG]

A new comedy series from ABC makes its world television debut tonight at 9:31 PM Eastern. Created by Nahnatchka Khan(American Dad), the show is about a woman named June, who moves to New York City to pursue her dream job, only to find out it doesn't exist. She ends up moving in with a girl named Chloe, who is a party girl and a con-artist. The show was originally titled Don't Trust the ***** in Apartment 23 and was developed at FOX in 2009 before they passed on it. I've read some mixed reviews for it, so it could be good. Tune in for yourself.

Episode 1.01: "Pilot"

2. suss2it

suss2it New Member

iTunes had the first two episodes up for free, and I already watched it and it quickly became one of my new favourite comedies. It reminds me of 2 Broke Girls with the naive blonde moving in with the witty, street smart brunette, except it's way funnier and better written. Chloe's twisted ways is funny as hell to watch, as is June's reactions. The supporting characters like their two creepy neighbors and James Van der Beek are hilarious too. Definitely looking forward to the rest of the season.

3. Aquadementia

Aquadementia That's a lot of Mulaney! Moderator

I thought I'd watch a few minutes and then switch, but I stuck with it to the end.
    It does have it's points of interest. The rivalries and one-up-man-ships. The problems and their solutions are rather original. Characters aren't predictable, there is always a little extra something to them.

ABC is trying to be a bit edgy.
    Nudity, sex and drunken children.

And they're playing with the B word.
    Now they say their other show GCB stands for "Good Christian Belles." But they were trying to hint the B stood for something else.
    I should admit that I did watch a couple of episodes of GCB, because it was so trashy I couldn't stop. Like a Joan Collins/Linda Evans slapfest. I could say I only watched because of Annie Potts, who had at least on brilliant scene where she didn't say a word. But I doin't think that would be completely honest.

Yeah, James Van der Beek playing himself using his Dawson's Creek fame to get girls.
    Things like that might make this show more cable competitive.

4. The Talon

The Talon New Member

Darn, I missed this on TV yesterday. That being said, I'm a huge fan of James Van der Beek, so I'll watch it on demand later in the day. Nice to hear the positive things about this show.

5. Space Cadet

[​IMG][​IMG]

A new episode airs tonight at 9:31 PM Eastern.

Episode 1.02: "Daddy's Girl..."

6. Space Cadet

[​IMG][​IMG]

Episode 1.03: "Parent Trap..."

7. Space Cadet

[​IMG][​IMG]

Episode 1.04: "The Wedding..."

8. Space Cadet

[​IMG][​IMG]

Episode 1.05: "Making Rent..."