1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Does Disney own The Wild?

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Tommypezmaster, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Tommypezmaster

Tommypezmaster Active Member

Somehow, this movie doesn't feel like an in house Disney movie. This is one of those movies that'll air on Nick, CN, Discovery Kids, Universal Kids, TBS or HBO.

Does anyone know if the movie is an in house production. Or is it owned by Mouse House or a third party company?

2. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

Although the film was produced by not just Disney but rather with other company.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

It was produced by another company but Disney just distributed it. Same deal for Valiant.

4. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

Which brings to the confusion that in the UK the film is considered as part of the Disney Animated Canon, while Dinosaur isn't counted as such.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

5. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

I don't really think this movie would even be shown on, knowing how eerily similar it is to Madagascar.

6. Moleoman

Moleoman Well-Known Member

Yeah, but unlike "Valiant" (which is f.e. distributed in Poland by Monolith Films), "The Wild" apparently is distributed by Disney worldwide (unlike with "Valiant" which they distributed it only in selected territories).

7. Dr.Pepper

I am believing that the UK made a mistake. Disney didn't have diddly squat to do with The Wild, but they were involved in Dinosaur.

8. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Then why does the name "Disney" come up a lot on The Wild's DVD casing?

9. Dr.Pepper

Sorry. I meant they had nothing to do with making it. They distributed it in theaters and on DVD.

10. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

Actually, Disney did produce the film but yes, they weren't the ones who did the animation since C.O.R.E. Digital Pictures were the ones who did.

Dinosaur, on the hand, was produced and animated by Disney and arguably the only Disney Animated Canon film to be produced by two Disney animation studios as it was co-produced by Secret Lab, which Disney bought in 1996. Secret Lab folded a year after Dinosaur was released since the film didn't live up to Disney's expectations and had it been a bigger hit, then we would've seen Disney doing CGI animated films earlier than later as Disney's next CGI animated film was five years later with Chicken Little.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk