1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

does anybody have the Transformers: the movie on DVD?

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by oranthal, Jul 7, 2001.

1. oranthal

oranthal Superman: A hero in life and in death

if you do, can you tell what kind of stuff is on it? such as extras, widescreen, spike's infamous line, and also if it is worth getting. thanks.

2. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

I'd track down the Canadian version of I were you. DVDBoxoffice.com is a good place to start. It is an uncut version (just minor swearing in it).

3. The Clown Prince

The Clown Prince My God carries a big Hammer
    Staff Member Moderator

The U.S. version is the same one as the Canadian one with the exception of a few things. The Canadian version is in mono, not stereo. The Canadian version does have the swearing, but so does the U.S. version.

I have the U.S. DVD and I would recomend getting the U.S. version because of the extras. The Canadian version has no extras.

The only line of swearing that was put back into the movie involves a scene with Spike. He simply says "Ah sh*t, what're we gonna do now?" Ultra Magnuses "damnit" line is still in there too. There were rumors that when Spike said "We're gonna kick Megatron's tail across the galaxy" he originally said in the theatrical version, ass.

The movie unfortunatley is in full screen and not widscreen. Why? The original print of the movie could not be found, there for you cannot do a widescreen print without the original film. It's to be locked up in some fault in France cause of rights issues. It's a long a bogus story.

As for the extras, 5.1 sound, an interview with the composer Vice DiCola, and my favorite part, story boards of scenes that were cut from the movie. There is a scene in the movie where Galvatron orders Magnus' death and The Sweeps shoot him and he blows up. Well the original take on that was those laser beams that The Sweeps were firing were laser whips. In the story boards, it shows the laser whips attaching to his arms and legs and then The Sweeps lift Magnus in the air and then quarter him! That explains why when we see the Junkions put him back together we see them attaching his arms and legs. That scene was animated before the decision to change the quartering scene because it was thought to be too violent for kids to see. There are other great story board scenes to see!

But anyways, I recomend the U.S. version.

The Clown Prince

4. oranthal

oranthal Superman: A hero in life and in death

thanks for the information. i heard that they changed the ending and beginning; is that true? in the original, it had a voice-over saying the decepticons took over cybertron, and i heard that it was changed to a scrolling text that somewhat summarizes how the transformers got to earth. i got this info at aintitcool.com so i would have to question if that was true or not. does DVD show the scrolling text or the voice-over?

5. The Clown Prince

The Clown Prince My God carries a big Hammer
    Staff Member Moderator

The only voice over is in the begining which is in the original theatrical release. There is no voice over or scrolling text at the end of the movie. There used to be a voice over at the end but that was added in there because parents were freaking over Prime's death. So they added it in there later on and it hinted that Prime would return, which he did towards the end of season 3. But in the DVD there is NO voice over or text.

The clown Prince