1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Doc McStuffins Episode With Two Mom Family

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by SweetShop209, Aug 8, 2017.

1. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

https://www.themarysue.com/doc-mcstuffins-emergency-plan/

The most recent episode of Doc McStuffins to air was the episode "The Emergency Plan" on Saturday August 5. The episode focuses on a doll family with two mothers surviving an earthquake that Dragon Bot accidentally caused. On two notes,

1. Chris Nee, the show's creator, is also a lesbian.

2. Doc McStuffins is the second preschool show to have an LGBT couple. The first was the Postcards From Buster episode "Sugartime" from 2005.

Tell me what you think.

2. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

I think it's a great idea and am impressed they did it on The Disney Channel. Postcards With Buster on PBS is something I understood why it could happen, but after the unnecessary blowback to that by the fundies, I never expected it to happen again, much less on The Disney Channel.

Now maybe Disney and Nickelodeon might not be afraid to put gay characters in their otherwise trashy kidcoms.

3. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

I may not watched the show or the episode, but I do appreciated that this was the first preschool show to have a episode representing LGBT, with the two moms, it'll go down to history like how Steven Universe, Clarence, Legend of Korra, The Loud House, SVOTFE, Adventure Time and Gravity Falls did when they represented any LGBT.

However it seems like that the group we know and hate, and what I'm referring to, One Million Moms, a hate group that is known for being an advocate of portraying anti-LGBT agenda, seems to struck Disney again since they did when Good Luck, Charlie had featured something similar to this and like they did to The Loud House.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

The Good Luck Charlie episode Down a Tree had 2 moms.

5. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Cool!