Do you think YJ will get a third season

Discussion in 'The DC Animation Forum' started by Batking500, Apr 28, 2012.

?

Do you think YJ will get renewed a third season

1. Yes i do

19 vote(s)
    76.0%
  2. No i don't this is the last season

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  1. Batking500

Batking500 New Member

i hope we do....

but with this whole 5 year time skip.... new characters.... will ratings go down?

do you think YJ will get renewed a third season?

2. ndb

ndb New Member

Yes, I do. It's quite popular and cartoon network is still pushing it, just not as hard.

3. signofzeta

signofzeta New Member

My guess is it will get one more season, in large part because DC (and their parent Warner Bros) see DC Nation as a way to expand the brand. Cartoon Network and Warner Bros. are all owned by the same parent company. While that doesn't gurantee being renewes, if it's on the fence I bet it will be saved.

4. Silverstar

Silverstar Ah, No.

I know a lot of people were put off by the time skip, but really. We're only 1 episode into season 2. One episode. Isn't it kind of early to be questioning if the show will survive or not? Does anybody truly believe this time skip is really going to hurt Young Justice's viewership that badly, and was anybody really expecting all of the blanks to be filled in a single episode? I say at least wait until the 'Invasion' arc or season 2 (whichever comes last) ends before we start pondering YJ's future.

5. mrD

mrD New Member

I think we'll see a new season, i think people will get over the 5 year gap and i kno greg said in his interview if they want more season then they can give it to them, he also mentioned they have lots of material, or something to that effect, heres the interview if no one read it

http://www.ksitetv.com/young-justic...n-vietti-talk-saturdays-season-premiere/13884

for me personally I'd love to see an additional 3 seasons I just dont want another 5 year gap should we get a season 3

6. the greenman

the greenman Active Member

Actually, no it isn't early. Cause I don't know where you were when the series started, but we didn't even know if there would be a second season, but just heard about a "mini" series called "Young Justice: Invasion". First it was to be ten episodes, and the crew got it extended to twenty episodes. So, no it is not too early.

7. reflection

reflection Active Member

Different situations but A:EMH is already officially unofficially done after 2 seasons.

Not early at all to talk about this.

8. mrD

mrD New Member

well in regards to the avengers, i know that on wikipedia while season one was still on it said that 52 episode were ordered for the show so that was set in stone from the begining, but you are right they are different situations i think the only factor for young justice is ratings so if we want more season more people would have to be put on the show;meaning get more people to watch it and the same fans would have to continue watching it

9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.

I think and hope it'll get renewed

But that's the strategy for every DC animated show.

10. Hero Supreme

Hero Supreme Mr Jinx No More

After this season, YJ will only have 46 episodes which is below almost every other DC series of the modern era (Legion of Superheroes notwithstanding) which usually finish off at 65. That alone keeps me hopeful. Poor alleged toy sales along with a new, higher profile animated series coming soon in Beware the Batman on the other hand...

Either way, since the production crew are wrapping up season 2, I imagine news will come out one way or the other fairly soon.

11. Silverstar

Silverstar Ah, No.

Where was I when the series started? I was on Earth, same as you. :p

Seriously though, You're right. It's my fault for not following action cartoons that closely (I'm more of a comedy fan). I didn't take Cartoon Network's general lax attitude towards action cartoons into account. For all we know, this could very well be the last ride. Hopefully, if the ratings for Invasion are strong and if YJ makes some decent merchandise, we may get another season out of it, assuming Invasion doesn't get a conclusive ending which need not be elaborated upon.

12. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

While the major time skip feels too sudden and jarring for me, I do hope that Young Justice does get a third season. I would like to have more time with these new characters to get to know them, see the storylines developing and resolving without feeling rush and I still like the series. I don't know if it could be replaced with that new Batman series that's coming out, but I think that there's a good chance that it will get a third season.

13. Gold Starz

Gold Starz "Evil Resides In Crystal Cove"

Frankly, if we do get a new season, I hope we get another time skip, so that it feels more fair. My personal dream team would be Stephanie-Bat, Damian, Bart/Irey as I mpulse, Lorena-Aquagirl, Mia Dearden/Conner Hawke, Zatara Zatara, Kid Devil, and Misfit.

14. Alex20

Alex20 New Member

I doubt DC Nation will be expanded to one and a half hours so I think Beware the Batman will replace Young Justice.

15. Hordesman

Hordesman slashor

16. mrD

mrD New Member

well i'm wondering,does green lantern only have 13 episodes for the 1st season, if it does then beware the batman might replace that in 2013 until their 1st season is over

17. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.

The current theory is the block will expand or CN will alternate in a series when another runs out of new episodes so that there not be a time when string of new episodes is not airing. All we really know about DC Nation so far is it has a three year deal in its debut with CN.

18. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator

I think they have a 26 episode order for GL.

19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.

Yes, GL:TAS currently has 26 episodes that will be split into two 13 episode seasons.

Young Justice had a 26 episode order but was one season. It was renewed for 10 then 20 episodes total for its second season.

20. Skaddix

Skaddix New Member

fascinating how does a company ink a deal with itself?