Do you think The White Shadow was real?

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by The Myst, Apr 10, 2006.

1. The Myst

The Myst Truthiness for Springfield

Or was he all in Huey's head?

I think he was real. Just like he told Huey, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not really out to get you.

2. Furu

Furu PSI Rockin'

With one sequel to a Season 1 episode already written for Season 2, I really hope we get some follow-up on this.

As for the White Shadow, I think it's a bit of a mindscrew for Huey, and maybe he does really think he's less important than he is.

Or maybe he's just a paranoid little kid. It's happened!

3. Sage Shinigami

Sage Shinigami New Member

I think it'll be answered in S2.

4. Ultra Mike

Ultra Mike 1000 Posts = Woot Or Something

Sure The White Shadow's Real. Him and his hoard of Minority hating Supervillians are fighting for white dominancey and only... oh wait you don't mean from Minorteam.:D (Sorry but SOMEONE had to make that refrence).

As for the guy from the Boondocks, I think it's dependent. There is probably someone out to get Huey who knows of all the stuff he does, but even if it is the White Shadow man, some of the times you saw him appear to Huey it wasn't really him, it was Huey's own paranoia. (The Boondocks world is semi realistic afterall, so I doubt someone would just be able to disappear out of thin air like that, espically if they're too old to introduce themselves to the person they're spying on). I'm sure we'll see this White Shadow person again though, but it may not even be in S2 if we know just how real he is or not. Time will tell.

5. KojiroTakenashi

KojiroTakenashi New Member

Interesting idea. Yeah, after thinking, I think he's both real and unreal...purposefully feeding Huey some paranoia so that Huey starts seeing him elsewhere later.

Actually that sounds like a pretty plausible tactic. I wonder if our government has actually done that before...

6. Zyzzybalubah

Zyzzybalubah The Best of Friends

No no no! The White Shadow was some TV series in the 1970s http://www.tv.com/the-white-shadow/show/188/summary.html?q=The White Shadow

As for the Boondocks, I don't know. lol

7. Artimus Gigan

Artimus Gigan Aeris Fries

It is quite obvious that the white shadow is infact Gatchaman

I mean they even say so in the theme song

8. JCorey3rd

JCorey3rd New Member

i was in a bar a few years back and i heard this voice asking me something. I swore I knew the voice, but couldn't peg him. I turned around. It was John C. McGinley asking me about what was on the bar TV. The White Shadow is real.

9. Ace Goodheart

Ace Goodheart Strong, Digilent, Fearless

*flies into thread*

Sometimes we are five, sometimes only one......
    The mysterious White Shadow that steers close to its prey........
    Shadow warriors of justice, the Science Ninja Team!!!
    United, we are G-FOR- I mean Gatchaman!!!!

Thought I was the only one to have instantly thought about Gatchaman.......... :D

10. havokpryde

havokpryde New Member

It was his way

The White Shadow's existance cannot be definitively proven or not. It is a matter of faith. It was the author's view of God when you think about it. For example the toothfairy was real to Jasmine but not to Huey. The White Shadow was real to Huey but not to Jasmine. Although neither could prove the existance of the imaginary friends, they held it is as a matter of fact of their existence. So to prove the existance of the White Shadow would be like proving God or the tooth fairy exists.

Or it could be another fiasco like the Stewie's gayness or Hobbes existence. The writers of Family Guy said that Stewie is neither one or the other, just whatever is funnier. Likewise the truth about Hobbes was never revealed because some people saw Hobbes as a stuffed doll, whilst Calvin would get sratches and marks from Hobbes that assumably he couldn't do to himself. The author in the end did whatever was funnier.

11. Djm912

Djm912 GREETINGS, GENTLEVIEWERS!

I absolutely believe that the White Shadow is real.

Although, I see quite a lot of myself in Huey.:shrug: