1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think Brak from Space Ghost can still be taken serious after his modern reincarnation?C

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by popa, Feb 7, 2016.

?

Can Brak from Space Ghost still be taken serious after hid 'modern' reincarnation?

1. Definitely

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I guess so

50.0%
  3. Maybe

50.0%
  4. Probably not

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No way

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. popa

popa Member

Can Brak,the cat-like space pirate from the old Space Ghost cartoon,still be taken serious after all of his Cartoon Planet,Space Ghost Coast to Coast and The Brak Show appearances? I think it's kinda sad that most people are not gonna remember Brak as who really was,cause I think he had so much potential as a villain.

2. Kinski Guy

Kinski Guy New Member

Why are you asking it like it's a definite answer. Some will and some won't. Some people have bad historical sense, and one version of a character may be the one they like best. This isn't exactly new in any sense of the idea.

If we are taking WB into the matter, they clearly don't think anyone version can tank any character. Their whole Hanna Barbera revival lines feature retro aimed properties and wholly alternate takes. Just look at the cartoons and the the comics. If someone wants to use Brak as a seriously villain, they no doubt will. I doubt they are going to sit there and worry "oh no some adult swim fans may not like the character being his old self".

And lastly shouldn't this be on the Saturday Morning board?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rabbitearsblog

I think it depends on what version of Space Ghost the viewer grew up with. Of course, most of the newer fans grew up with Space Ghost Coast to Coast, so it depends if they are willing to watch the original Space Ghost cartoons or not.