1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have your own superhero ideas lingering in your head?

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by Ookamikun, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Ookamikun

Ookamikun Hooooowl!

You know, deep inside the recesses of your brain, some idea of a superhero is beginning to form. Do you have those things in your head? Why not share them? :D

So far, I have four heroes. They share the same universe, but their cities are a bit far from one another. I'd post them soon, but first I wanna see yours.

2. King

King I'M GOING TO JAPAN!

Are you pretty much saying my image of a super hero?

3. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Obviously, as a comics fan since I was little, I've come up with many ideas for superheroes and villains over the years. Most of them were one-offs, but I did come up with a couple groups of heroes/villains that would exist within the same universe. Unfortunately, I can't draw to save my life, so I was never able to do anything with them beyond creating things like character bios and such. Several years ago I found a program on-line called Hero Machine that I was able to use to create some visual interpretations of some of them, as close as I could, but that's about it.

4. Ookamikun

Ookamikun Hooooowl!

Not really. Just basically if you have a superhero idea you wish to share.

5. Mist

Mist Celebrating 20 Years of Sonic

I'm protective of my characters, so before I make this post, I just want to state that all concepts and characters in this post belong to Christopher McRae.

To answer your question: Yes. Actually i've had it since June of 2001. I would love to one day make it big and turn it into a television series, but I seriously don't know if that'll ever happen. Even if it never makes it into television, I still like adding new characters and concepts to his world and story. It's like a hobby for me.

It's a very different kind of superhero though. He's a kid. He doesn't wear a costume or fly (Well I do have some ideas for costumes, but they are specific to the story at-hand and wouldn't be worn in every episode. Example: He's fighting a very strong villain and gets beaten everytime. A suit of armor is made for him. He's fighting a fire-based villain. A fire-resistant suit is created for him)

Here's the sypnosis, taken from my website.

Artwork

[​IMG]
    Zack, the hero.

[​IMG]
    Zane, the villain.

[​IMG]
    Ray, Zack's creator.

[​IMG]
    Melissa, Zack's only friend.

[​IMG]
    Josh, a bully in Zack's class.

For more on this character, please visit my website, located in my signature.

6. Spanish Megatron

Spanish Megatron Sííííííí

I think anyone with exposure to fiction would have an idea of a hero, most often possessing superpowers or something that makes them more than human. They are like the ancient myths, though we title them differently, the concept has been around for a long time.

That said, I do have my own ideas for superheroes. But I'm not gonna share yet;).

7. Ookamikun

Ookamikun Hooooowl!

So he's a cyborg and not a robot?

And I'm jealous you have a site dedicated to those things. And art too boot. I can't draw to save my life. XP

Anyway, here are my four heroes.

Nightscout
    Powers (as Nightscout): super-strength, durability, super-senses, super-agility, claw-climbing, sonic howl, sensory resistance, transformation regeneration

Romulus Twain was just someone who started to move from the suburbs into the big city with a help of a childhood friend who helped him with the lodging. When his car broke down near a swamp, he discovered a small round object. It shone, causing him to faint, not realizing that it had already altered his DNA. Upon waking up, he realized that he wasn't human anymore - he was an anthropomorphic wolf! Quickly gathering his things and going into the city through the building tops to avoid being seen, he felt that his heightened senses were overwhelmed. However, a certain scream caught his attention - it was his friend, Lani Daring, and her old uncle being mugged. The uncle was not willing, but he felt that they might need his help, so he quickly drove them off. Lani was scared, but her uncle, who was blind, assured her that it was "little Romulus". Romulus wanted to transform back, which suddenly he did - figuring out that it was his will that made him shift into forms.

Staying in Lani and Lani's Uncle, Akela's place, an antiques shop, for rent, Romulus was a bit confused with what happened. However, Akela thought that it was something that fate had decided, and was willing to teach the "wolf" as the old man felt that there was a reason for him to be turned into like that. Akela, former black belt, taught Romulus how to fight and control the senses. During the night, where Jean City wasn't too busy, Romulus goes out to train himself by being the city's watchdog - Nightscout. And during that he realized how different people would react to someone not human.

At first, he was about to quit when people never appreciated with what he did, but then, a group of alien wolves, much like him, crashed into the park. He realized that he was needed in the planet Lyco, and soon, he discovered that his alternate form was not a werewolf, but a Lycoan - a species of sentient, bipedal wolves which was the closest "warp-speed" planet to Earth. What he picked up was a device made by a professor three years ago that would help make a super strong Lycoan - it was an illegal research that was thrown away by the professor to gather later. The Lycoans came looking for it in order to combat an ongoing struggle against the tyrannical Swallowers. After combating the Swallowers and restoring Lyco back to its glory, he felt himself given a new hope. Saying farewell to his newfound friends, he returned to Earth.

He continued to guard Jean City. However, his blood was soon extracted, and soon, he realized that there were people who had been given the ability to shift into a bipedal creature like him - or a Hybrid. This gave him a new mission - defending both the city, its inhabitants, and those like him who would be shunned by society because they aren't human. Finding new allies and new enemies, his struggle continues.

Armored Hornet
    Powers (as Armored Hornet): high technology suit which enhances strength and endurance, gliding, ability to change determination into raw energy for a powerful blow which can be used once

Takeshi Hachi is a transfer student from Japan studying in Northbound College. During his first night in his dormitory, he witnessed something coming from the sky. The light from the night sky dashed right into him, talking into his head. "Your world is in great peril. It needs a protector. Use me to defend your loved ones. Just yell 'Hornet Change'." Originally dismissing it, he realized its purpose when the Robot Insect Army showed its face. Upon suiting up, he learned the basic powers of the suit - that it would gather power from the wearer's courage and mettle, finally maxing out to release a powerful blow, much like a tokusatsu hero. It was until a Lycoan was accidentally sent to his city when he realized that many Hornets exist. The Lycoan Armored Hornet became his mentor for three days, learning that each world with sentient life form is blessed with a single Armored Hornet, and that the suit is "limited only by the wearer". When the mentor was able to return back to his planet, he learned how to glide. He continues to defend the city from the RIA - disguising themselves as citizens.

Warp Runner
    Powers (as Warp Runner): creation of warp portals on smooth, non-curved surfaces, "warp" lash attack, super agility

Theodore Cooper was trying out for the 5th Annual Seanest Triathlon. However, when he was in his locker room, preparing for his game, a man in blue suit jumped out from a portal on a wall, heavily wounded. His words were, "I am sorry for bringing you into this. I am sorry for what I have done to your life. If only this is the way for me to make up for my sins to you, I hope you forgive me." He handed him a sack of something and his wrist device. As the suit faded, it revealed that the man was a mailman, and soon he was sucked into a portal.

He arrived at Portal OpeRatives and TrAnsportion League, or PORTAL, a base with many other people of all genders and races in blue suits. There, it was explained by PORTAL founder Mr. Smith Hall, that PORTAL was originally a delivery service that used WARP, or Warping ARmament Position, allowing the delivery to be made with little hassle by photo-recollecting in the subconscious. However, the nature of his work was dangerous. The Sentinels of the Infinite Space assured his protection if he used his company as a way of defending the universe instead. He was then given a chance to join PORTAL as a Warp Runner, the people who accept jobs like delivering an important item or protecting a planet from attacks, which he didn't know what to answer. However, he realized the perks of being able to travel to different parts of space, making him join. His carelessness however showed, as it turned out that rookies had limited jobs.

He was assigned to Division 32, currently the lowest division, along with Helix, a down-to-earth naga, Quantum, a four-armed deadpan violet alien, Sherry, a brown-skinned human-looking female alien with no hair, and Aleck, a perky female Lycoan. There, he trained himself to become a good Warp Runner. Warp Runners are capable of creating a warp portal that leads to a place that is pictured within the Warp Runner's subconsciousness. A rookie can create a small portal which he or she can hold up for a few minutes on a smooth surface nearby. Mentally skilled ones can create a larger one, able to make it last longer, able to create two or more, able to create on a non-smooth surface, able to create on a curved or bent surface, and such.

Finally...

Ionica
    Powers: flight, phasing through matter, able to fire beams that are concussive, freezing, heat, piercing, shock, and even a tractor beam, but only one type can be active at a time.

Stella Steel was part of a scientist group in Richfield Labs, working on to create the Perfect Atom, a new matter that is capable of changing its state at superfast time. However, one of the scientists was corrupt, wanting to have money than just a simple grant and fame. When Stella was alone, doing some further studying, he tried to steal the item along with the research. She busted him, but the two struggled and she was tossed into the machine that originally contained the Perfect Atom while she was holding it. The scientist fled with the research files, thinking that he can replicate it. Stella died. However, she found herself alive, awakening in the scene of the crime, surprising the police, finding herself feeling strange.

At the same time, the scientist tried to recreate the material, but forgot a component as the research was found to be unstable. He too was killed and reborn. Realizing that he gained powers, he decided to take over Richfield. Stella felt uneasiness, sensing that something wrong was coming. The now monstrous scientist calling himself Negative Matter appeared, wanting to consume Stella for she too was given powers. Realizing that she had no choice but to use her powers, she turned into a heroine capable of releasing various forms of energy bursts of different levels. She was able to trap the monster in an absolute zero state, but she had a feeling he might come out again. Continuing her life as a living energy, she protects the city of Richfield as Ionica.

8. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

I've moved this thread to the Story Board forum, as this thread seems more for discussing everyone's different ideas for superheroes, instead of discussing an actual superhero comic in print.

9. Chiptooth

Chiptooth Immature Sharkoid

I've had several ideas for superhero characters, but only two have I come around to really developing the past couple years:

* My shark guy http://jochimus.deviantart.com/art/Jaws-Chiptooth-36329226
    - His Rogues' Gallery http://jochimus.deviantart.com/art/An-Evil-Three-36373217
    http://jochimus.deviantart.com/art/Cactus-Dawson-36462518
    http://jochimus.deviantart.com/art/Highroller-36500461
    http://jochimus.deviantart.com/art/Poseidon-Sketch-75794320
    http://jochimus.deviantart.com/art/The-Mean-Seasons-36968971
    - His ride http://jochimus.deviantart.com/art/Carcharadon-Concept-75793791

* My mutant guy http://jochimus.deviantart.com/art/Mutation-Concept-Gantry-115279101
    - His better half http://jochimus.deviantart.com/art/Arvelle-Lyrincal-120964684
    - Their cohorts http://jochimus.deviantart.com/art/Alien-Concept-Illuman-Tulan-120031631
    http://jochimus.deviantart.com/art/Alien-Concept-Arboan-Putian-120042872
    http://jochimus.deviantart.com/art/Alien-Concept-Sornus-Snarid-120230299
    http://jochimus.deviantart.com/art/Alien-Concept-Ongo-Huuk-120242886
    - Their enemies http://jochimus.deviantart.com/art/Mutation-Concept-A-Mathicroix-119588724
    http://jochimus.deviantart.com/art/Mutation-Concept-Staforder-115277128
    http://jochimus.deviantart.com/art/Mutation-Concept-Colax-115277570
    http://jochimus.deviantart.com/art/Mutation-Concept-Krayjac-115277813

Without going into too much more detail, the shark guy's adventures would be more humorous adventures set out to parody entire genres, mostly ones that were big in the '70s, starting off with the entire killer-aquatic-beastie genre. Basically, he's created as a means of trying to find a way to further utilize sharks' apparent aversion to certain forms of cancer, so to keep under control the pretty scientist in charge gives him the neural engrams of someone so mentally dense that they may actually find being turned into a man-fish an improvement :D . As it happens, however, some corporate bungling higher up on the ladder leads to an old abandoned war machine that went haywire to escape its undersea tomb and go off on a tear during the conveniently-timed opening of a billion-dollar amusement park on the same island, and the shark guy finds himself in the unenviable position of having to go out there and try to demolish the war-wacky hunk o'junk...which, of course, he is completely ill-equipped to do.

By contrast, the mutant guy's story I've been refining lately into a much more serious alien invasion/takeover type conflict in the vein of the late '70s/'80s versions of "Body Snatchers", "The Thing", "The Fly" and "Invaders From Mars", with maybe a touch of "The Day After" and "Red Dawn" in there. Basically, an alien invasion force is using specific strategic sites on Earth - in particular a Kansas farm town - as proving grounds for biochemical weapons which operate at the genetic level, and which in this case have results far more horrible and gruesome than simply killing the victims; in fact, the invaders' delegated agent - in human disguise - started 'cultivating' the pathogen in question some decades ago and has just now received the order to trigger it, as there's starting to be a bit of a galactic resistance and his superiors obviously can't have that. What none of them count on, though, is that one particular infected human - a young man who's autistic - can only mutate physically; his brainwaves can't simplify and regress as per the genetic programming. The invaders can't have THAT, either, so they assign their agent to hunt the lad down and kill him, using his own horribly mutated friends, family and fellow townsfolk (who BTW can't be cured or salvaged in any way) as foot soldiers. However, he happens to fall in with a contingent from the resistance who've come to Earth to eradicate the infection - by any means necessary; basically this second faction arrives here with one philosophy in mind - if they CAN they'll save humankind, but if they HAVE to they'll destroy us for the greater good of the rest of the civilized universe. It falls upon the mutant guy not only to master his mutant abilities sufficiently to destroy the invaders, but to convince the resistance that humankind is worth saving.

Other than that, I have a Flash Gordon/Buck Rogers/Luke Skywalker pastiche/spoof, too: http://jochimus.deviantart.com/art/Bradford-And-Co-36528352
    http://jochimus.deviantart.com/art/Count-Uber-40952031

#9 Chiptooth, Sep 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2009
  10. silvanoir

silvanoir Active Member

Yeah, I had one... started out as a X-men fan character then turned into his own story. He's not a mutant, really... he was an experiment gone wrong. Fused a liquid alien metal they found in a meteorite to a human, and now he can form an armor around himself in any shape. X-109, aka David Xilvrin, AKA "The Morphist"

his favorite form is that of a mountain lion.

[​IMG]

another picture-> http://silvanoir.deviantart.com/art/Morphist-knight-3944781

I wrote about 35 chapters of a book, and did hundreds of picture before I gave up on it.

I thought I was being unique, but the more comics I read, the more I realize.... maybe not. Bombshell of DC has very similar powers (liquid metal armor from an experiment).

#10 silvanoir, Sep 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2009
  11. Ookamikun

Ookamikun Hooooowl!

At least you got your own art to showcase your characters. XD

12. Mist

Mist Celebrating 20 Years of Sonic

Well he's a robot, but he has artifical skin, making him look human, and he tries to lead a normal human-life. somewhat like Pincohio mixed with Batman..

And I like NightScout. Sounds very different than a typical caped superhero.

13. Ookamikun

Ookamikun Hooooowl!

Ah, I was thinking of another series. Nevermind though.

I created Nightscout because I find it annoying that people like to make "a non-human superhero protecting a human society" thing, only falling flat because the hero drastically looks like a human still. I'm also against the What Measure Is a Non Human trope.

14. Niolani

Niolani New Member

I have a few superheroes concept, but I'm not done elaborating them. :shrug:

15. River26

River26 Well-Known Member

I do :).

Jordan -Anthony- Levin
    Ht: (same height as Aaron Dismuke)
    hobby: voice actor
    ability: similar to his brother; Kevin, that is absorbing solid matter

transportation of choice: AT (look to AIR GEAR for what these are ;) )

when not voice acting or on a mission with Ben, Kevin or Gwen. He attends conventions (as it's part of his job as a voice actor

On Sundays, he attends a Community Church with his friends and family, he's a christian.

He also works out at a local community gym as well.

---

Sorry if this'll take long. But when the opportunity arises, I just let my creative thinking just flow into the story

Premise
    In my take of Ben 10: Alien Force. He (Jordan Levin) was the one that actually found his brother; Kevin on the beach of Bellwood. Which he was with his friends; Ben and Gwen. They had just come from the movie theatre, having wrapped up with the new Eureka Seven anime flick.

His brother; Kevin, was partially bruised, due to him having fights with his former father; Kevin 11. In the old series, he was Devlin Levin. But now, is Kevin Levin.

It was harsh. No one wanted to befriend him. Even in college, people called me, Ben and Gwen "freaks" for having befriended a friend who had these special abilities. "Demon" one would say. And even during lunch, people would move to different seats. I even felt like pounding some in, for some of the students treating my brother like this.

The teachers though, they were supportive of us. As they were plumbers in disguise as well. They knew more than the students. As they were apart of his evil father's battle.

That was in the past. Now, he just tends to tease my comrades for the fun of it. Nothing to harsh, just a "buddy-buddy" tease (if you will).

Well, I may or may not write up a fic on this forums of what I written. As I dunno if you guys'll like it or not.

16. Chiptooth

Chiptooth Immature Sharkoid

I came up with a simple solution to this for my shark guy: to cover the fact that he IS a genetic mutation, he's passed off as a corporate mascot, so the general public is led to think that he's just a guy in a shark suit (plus it also gives the genetics lab that created him a revenue surplus due to all the licensing, which comes in handy when they have to pay for all the destruction he leaves in his wake after fighting supervillains :p ). As for the "what measure is a non-human" thing, that never even enters into it because he has much more fun as a shark-guy than he ever did as a human being.

As for the mutant-guy, again, I just shifted his environment so that these weren't even issues, by surrounding him with non-humans. I don't care much for the "what measure is a non-human" schtick myself (which could also be referred to as the "Robot Pinocchio" gag, because that dead horse has been beaten mercilessly).

17. Hanshotfirst1138

Hanshotfirst1138 Singing drunken lullabies

Sure, plenty, and I've always wanted to take a crack at writing for my favorite characters with a great artist on board. Doesn't every fanboy?

18. Kenny E. McCall

Kenny E. McCall We fight like cats!

Kenny E. McCall here...

Back when I was working with Hobbyfan on a few Hanna-Barbera action hero updates in the Retro Cartoons Thread sometime ago, there was a character that interested me a lot, and her name was Penelope Pitstop.

What we thought to do was how could we update Penelope Pitstop's adventure for a new audience? And here is what I decided to do with her, thanks in part to Hobbyfan.

Penelope Devlin: The Golden Claw

By Kenny Eugene McCall. Based on characters from H-B's The Perils of Penelope Pitstop (1969) and Devlin (1974). Golden Claw character created by KEM.

Character History:

Name: The Golden Claw
    Alter Ego: Penelope Ann Devlin (nee Pender)
    Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 117 lbs.
    Marital Status: Married
    Eyes: Blue
    Hair: Golden Blonde

Origin/Background:

Penelope Devlin is a young actress and stuntwoman who comes from a very interesting family history that dates back to a motorsports competition that started in the late 1920's called the Wacky Races Competition, which some members of her family founded. Her great-grandmother, Penelope Pitt, was the founding competitor of the first Wacky Races, even though she was the subject of an attempt on her life by her guardian in mid 1920's Arkansas before his capture by federal authorities in 1932.

Flash forward to 2002. Penelope Pender had just graduated from high school with a theater scholarship to the University of Southern California when she returned home to find a large photo album featuring great-grandma Penelope and her husband, Peter Perfect (which is his real name, btw). But inside of it, where two costumes: One was her grandmother's old racing outfit, and the other was the costume of the Hooded Claw, which was worn by a man named Sylvester J. Snelling (which is the real name of the animated series' Sylvester Sneekly), Penelope Perfect's then-guardian.

Penelope was dating her childhood friend and later boyfriend, Ernie Devlin, when she showed him her family's costumes at a stunt show he was doing. Already deciding to join him in his stunt show, he suggested that she wear a costume that combines the best of the two outfits. So, with the help of her older sister Patricia, a fashion designer and weapons maker, they designed and created a special gold bodysuit and cape for Penelope that she can use in she and Ernie's performances. Thus, the Golden Claw was born.

Conception:

I envisioned the Golden Claw as a heroic version of the villainous Hooded Claw, with a few added abilities that the suit (and Penelope) have. Those include a cape that allows Penelope to become invisible to her enemies at will. the gold suit itself is made from a combination of Lycra (c) Spandex and an indestructible flexible alloy that protects her from harm. She also has specialized versions of her outfit, including the Golden Fin (a gold finback swimsuit or wetsuit) and the Golden Wing (same costume, but with either a winged jetpack or folded glider wings within the arms of the outfit), as well as arctic and deep space versions as well.

Penelope is a very skilled stuntwoman and martial artist with a background in gymnastics and dance, karate and judo, possessing black belts in both. She is also an expert markswoman in the use of handguns, having been taught by her father Paul, a police officer.

Many of the weapons and vehicles used by Penelope (and Ernie) were designed and created by members of the Pender and Devlin families, especially Patricia Pender and Todd Devlin, brother of Ernie Devlin. Chief among them is the Golden Cat, a gold-and-black concept car modeled after her great-grandmother's Compact Pussycat car from her Wacky Races days. the car has a top speed of 250 mph at a range of 500 miles. It is equipped with an array of weaponry, including lasers, missiles, a flamethrower and an indestructible force field that surrounds the car, in addition to a cloaking mechanism that can be activated from inside the car by the driver.

Personality Traits:

Penelope is a very popular girl in Hollywood, and her family is in demand for various movies and television shows at times. She is a very loving person that cares for her blended family. Penelope will always take time to help anyone in need, no matter the situation. This trait, as well as her sweet demeanor, comes from her great-grandmother and her other relatives who taught her to respect others. This has served her well, especially when dealing with some of the crazy enemies that the family will face.

Other Notes:

This entry cements a merger between two Hanna Barbera cartoons that aired five years apart, Penelope Pitstop in 1969, Devlin in 1974. But I see the character as part of a brand new universe of H-B car-themed heroes that I call The Wacky Races Saga. The other characters in this expanded family of heroes include Wonder Wheels, Wheelie and the Chopper Bunch, Devlin, The Valkyrie Squadron (a new squadron of stunt pilots modeled after the Vulture Squadron), Speed Buggy and the Ant Hill Mob/Molls. Their entries will be featured in future posts or in my own new thread.

Kenny E. McCall :cool:

19. Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo Chill. It's only an opinion.

I have got a few heroes and villains floating around my head in an idea for a team a bit X-Men-like. It would take place in the fictional 51st state of America, after California is divided into two land masses by "the big one."

Btw, for us folks without amazing artistic abilities, there is an option to be able to still design your heroes and/or villains. :D

UGO's Heromachine - http://www.ugo.com/channels/comics/heroMachine2/heromachine2.asp

20. Ookamikun

Ookamikun Hooooowl!

On a related note - do you like tragic origins? I always thought it wasn't really exploring much of the character.