Disney's Frozen to Be Released March 18

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Viper, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Viper

Viper I'll Never Forget You Two!

I just learned from comingsoon.net that Disney's Frozen will be released on Blu-Ray on March 18!!!:D There's still no word what extras will be on it, but it's something to look forward to! It's one of my all-time favorite Disney movies along with Ariel & Rapunzel!!! I can't wait to get this just in time for Easter!!:D

2. ToonamiFanatic

ToonamiFanatic New Member

Awesome! Thanks for the info. Didnt get to see it in theaters so cant wait for the bluray. Sounds real good

3. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! Staff Member Moderator

You can still go. It's still playing in just about every theater. This is the first time I've heard a Blu-Ray announcement one week after the film is still #1 at the box office.

4. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I don't know, going by this the release date for Frozen on home video is probably in rumor territory for now. I think it's possible, but if I were Disney and I had a movie #2 only to The Lion King at the box office, I'd give it the extra time at the theater myself.....

5. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Turns out Frozen is in fact being released March 18th, as this recently posted press release describes!

PR: Disney's "Frozen" Coming to Digital HD on February 25, 2014; Blu-ray Combo, DVD, & On Demand March 18 - Toon Zone News

After a little poking around I came upon this page, which describes some of the extras in more detail:

Also the four deleted scenes are titled "Never Underestimate The Power of Elsa", "The Dressing Room", "Meet Kristoff #1", and "Meet Kristoff #2"

I am wondering if maybe there is a mistake in the PR, because the above doesn't include a mention of a second "making of" feature. Other sites have cited it though. Perhaps time will make this more clear.

6. CartoonFridays

CartoonFridays Promoted to detective.

I'll pre-order it on DisneyStore.com as soon as The Jungle Book comes out and I'll get a discount on my next purchase.